Helix organic hdi clutch problems

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Helix organic hdi clutch problems
Just thought to start a thread to document this...

Basically two issues

1) rattle at idle.
          This dissapears if clutch depressed and is due to poor spline fitment

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_f...9337828744

2) Bite point is on the floor

No joke, about 5mm off full depression of the pedal.

Anyone else had anything similar?

These are supposed to be top notch, so very surprised by these issues.
Emailed helix...they said never heard of problems before...
Now emailed them with video of the play.

Will update when I hear something
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Calling the friction plate the pressure plate probably wont amuse them Big Grin I haven't heard of issues with these before, bad batch maybe?
Thanks given by:
(13-12-2015, 04:54 PM)HDi--Power Wrote: Calling the friction plate the pressure plate probably wont amuse them Big Grin I haven't heard of issues with these before, bad batch maybe?

lmao didnt realise that lol

So tired by that point!

I think jonny has same issues
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I've got similar issues running their organic friction plate and stage 3 pressure plate. There's a *touch* of rattle on the splines and the biting point is very very low (like in the carpet and fairly aggressive). The car is lovely to drive though, my girlfriend manages daily driving in heavy traffic and complains that her '61 plate fiesta is "shit and too soft"

Man up?
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Theres a fair chunk of rattle with this tbh.

There should't be any!

And mrs piggy was peeeeeeeeeved with the helix bite Undecided

"happy wife...happy lifr"
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Your hdi is a bit of a pig to drive tbf, Jonny, must admit i'm not impressed by what helix have done with it. I did wonder if the biting point was something to do with how chronically stiff the clutch is affecting the auto-adjuster, but if it's the same on a hydro then it's obviously a bigger issue. You can barely hear the rattle though, you've got to listen for it.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Compared to a stock clutch, it's a bit of a surprise yeah. But if it holds stage 2 then I'd say it's a hundred times better than a cg. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to find something with a better pedal that'll hold the power but thus far it's the best offering I've seen.

Maybe I'll get hold of a manual clutch cable, bring the bite point off the floor.

Thanks given by:
The smoothness of it is good...but you have to use your toes like a ballet dancer in a 206 if you have boots on, otherwise you can't get the clutch THAT low to dissengage!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Little update here...
Helix saying the spline fitment is perfect...well clearly not.

But on plus side, they replacing the pressure plate with a brand new version FOC. Thats pretty epic tbh.

I could probably live with the rattle if the bite is normal
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Update from me as well.. Looks like my clutch cable is playing up, near stalled it yesterday with the bite point suddenly on the floor. Stamped on it a bit and it went back to where it was before. Still low but perfectly manageable imo.

Thanks given by:
I've got the Helix paddle clutch and pressure plate they do on my Rallye and apart from having to be quick with the bite point it's perfect
Thanks given by:
not too sure what the setup is on the 306 but i just sold a leon cupra tdi and the low bite was due to the slave cylinder?

obviously looks like your problem has been diagnosed but just a thought.
Thanks given by:
(09-01-2016, 11:02 AM)Jonny81191 Wrote: Update from me as well..  Looks like my clutch cable is playing up, near stalled it yesterday with the bite point suddenly on the floor. Stamped on it a bit  and it went back to where it was before. Still low but perfectly manageable imo.

Why not try converting to a non auto adjusting 106 cable? That way you shouldnt suffer from problems like that. The auto adjusters are normally designed to work to a certain pressure
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Or my guide I did for getting rid of your auto adjuster.

Mines going strong and still really light
Thanks given by:
I had considered going manual adjust, I'll look into it. It'd be nice to move the bite point up a bit TBH

Thanks given by:
Just remember, tightening up the cable to bring bite point up will just reduce clamping force, and ra*e your thrust bearing...thats unless you literally have slop in the setup, which you shouldnt if adjuster is working.

Optimum spring clamp will always release on the floor, unless you want a heavy clutch pedal / snapping cable situation Smile
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
https://youtu.be/q4gC1gtjAWU
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Last time we had a spline that loose and risked it ripped it out at the start line.
Just sat there on the last lap going nowhere. I wouldn't be happy running that.
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  clutch/gearbox problems blinkyeatu 7 1,185 13-07-2015, 08:28 PM
Last Post: blinkyeatu
  Hdi Clutch problems Moonstone2.0 10 2,857 11-04-2013, 08:31 PM
Last Post: Toms306