stumped

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
stumped
always started on the button, but after leaving it standing for about four weeks, turned ignition on management light is flashing continuously and both red and green code lights are on!  disconnected battery and jumped pos and neg together to reset ecu, but to no avail,tried cancelling imobiliser via button on steering, still nothing. Anybody out there with ideas? 14 years owned and never a prob so a bit stumped! Undecided oh it is a 1996 XT auto
Thanks given by:
I'm no expert but iv read a couple of guides on how to get rid of the red and green immobiliser light problem.

1st. Lock the doors with plip key then open them . Leave the key in the ignition in position 2 for half an hour. The red light should come back on. Turn ignition off then back on to enter the code.

2ND. Lower driver window. Close all the doors and take the key from the ignition. Leave for 3 mins. Unplug battery for 15 seconds. Attach the battery and leave for 10 seconds. Turn on side lights. Turn engine on.

These are just guides I had written down the other day when my car wouldn't start. I have no idea if they work or if indeed it is some auto electrician vodoo that doesn't work.

Good luck
Thanks given by:
thanks, i have never had a remote key,in fact a few years ago we had probs with central locking and had it disabled
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Well I'm stumped Matt 29 8,484 19-08-2012, 12:19 PM
Last Post: Mattcheese31