what are these plugs for??

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what are these plugs for??
ph3 estate 1999 hdi, below the center console, at the rear of the console, under the little odds and sods box above the ash tray, the area you need to get to to adjust the handbrake cables "bar", there are 2 "relay" ?? connectors, one yellow and one green, what are these for please. 

They are empty on our car. 

Can see wires under seat for the seat belt tensioners, but no wires visible for seat air bags, even thou the seats suggest that air bags may have been fitted and "gone off" , as the material is coming out of the join between the side "arms" and back rest.
Thanks given by:
rear electric window switches

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
thanks again cully, no passenger electric windows so no worries.
Thanks given by:
It maybe plugs for other things too...often find there is actually four plugs under there...
Two are indeed for rear electric windows...
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
wwww, what other things, car does not seem to have wires for seat air bags, will check spec sheet I printed off from pug service box again.

I could have sworn that when we first got the car, after locking it and a few seconds latter, that a red flash happened somewhere by the temp gauge on the dash, but the pug spec sheet says it does not have alarm system?

There is a "box" with an orange connector? under the console, just forward of the gear stick ( saw whilst adjusting the handbrake cable bridge bar ) but is that to do with the central locking??
Thanks given by:
The phase 3s mostly didn't come with alarms, it was an optional extra on all but the GTi I believe. Unfortunately this means a lot have aftermarket alarms which are useless lol. Look around under the bonnet for the alarm sounder, usually near the battery if you have one.

The box with the orange plug is the airbag and pre tensioner ECU. The seats will have a 'side airbag' warning on the bolster if they have them.
Thanks given by:
orange wires are normally air bag wires
the airbag ECU is in front of the gearstick its a metal box with blue long plug
the central locking control unit is above it hiden in the dash facia behind the lower switches it is a black box with two plug

GTI6 Info

Thanks given by:
I've never seen a blue plug on the airbag ECU?

[Image: 3125_babguide8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
unplug it tom and look at the colour of the plug

but yes it has an orange cover to the plug Wink

GTI6 Info

Thanks given by:
Ah my bad, why didn't I think of dismantling it first... Wink Tongue
Thanks given by:
thanks guys, will leave that box of tricks well alone. cannot find any aftermarket alarm box or sounder anywhere under the bonnet, so must have imagined that red flashing light?
Thanks given by:
If you've got a standard stereo, I think there's a red immobiliser light on that? Can't remember one on the dash though myself.
Thanks given by: