Things that can be checked to imrpove MPG?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Things that can be checked to imrpove MPG?
Alright guys.

I am wondering what can be checked on my car to try and improve mpg. I am thinking like sticking brakes, tyre pressures, and then boost leaks would be worth doing properly. Anything else? Injectors? Pump pressures with Peugeot planet etc?

Thanks Smile
Thanks given by:
Don't forget to remove the lead from your boot. Wink

/unhelpfulpost
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Tbf removing the full audio setup out of the boot would make a difference haha. But im not willing to loose the volume/amplifiers I have in there haha
Thanks given by:
Are you experiencing loss of mpg or just wanting to do everything you can.

Reduce rolling weight of the wheels by fitting C5 steelies.
Fit a lighter spare
remove weight
regular service with the standard air filter
use decent fuel not supermarket special.
Thanks given by:
I kinda meant lead as in the heavy metal (i.e. Leadfoot).

That's that joke ruined then. Dodgy

lol
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Hahaha I see. There are two ways to read it lol. That was a hard one to figure out when I have actually got a boot full of heavy stuff haha.

And not a loss as such just would be interested as to what extra I could get with a little work Smile
Thanks given by:
Stg1 map, efficient skinny tyres, well serviced engine, gearbox and brakes.
Then the biggest factor... You. Takes skill but you can make a dramatic difference with driving style

And tbh, better standard speakers and thus remove heavy sub/amp will make a fair difference
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Stage 1 will give you a few more mpg. Probably a decat as well.
Thanks given by:
Best thing to save fuel is not driving... Seriously, it has more to do with the roads you drive than anything else, and short of walking everywhere under a 10 mile trip, there's not much that makes a difference. From experience of doing tonnes of b road to all town or motorway lol.
Thanks given by:
As Piggy says, once the car is healthy it's mostly about your driving style. That and pull out as much weight as you can.

I found refurbed injectors helped a lot, but other people haven't had consistent results. What mpg are you getting atm?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Don't put too much fuel in the tank.
Empty the boot.
Change the oil on time.
Clean air filter.
Don't use the brakes.
Avoid driving up hill, downhill only.
Don't carry passengers.
Thanks given by:
In all honestly though the work and money you'll spend trying to get the mpg up more will probably outweigh the savings in fuel. Especially right now when it's piss cheap
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
xud it run veg /thread
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
(14-02-2016, 04:31 PM)WiNgNuTz Wrote: I kinda meant lead as in the heavy metal (i.e. Leadfoot).

That's that joke ruined then. Dodgy

lol

he is from shrops anyway,  so he has probably got a boot fool of stolen lead anyway wing.. Big Grin
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
driving style, smaller brakes (if running 283's) eco tyres like a michelin energy instead of pilot sport.

more suspension travel so you don't have to slow down, i.e stock heights.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by: