Piggy down, trotter broken

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Piggy down, trotter broken
So...

6 months off from football, go back, break my foot.
Sprinting in a straight line, foot inverted, ligament pulled joint apart. 

Bugger.

6 weeks off.

Freaking out coz:

1) I'm self employed and tide cottage
2) I get bored after a day of rest

Properly irrtated coz:

1) can't work on car(s)
2) can't drive cars

Doh
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Well that sucks! Sad

Is there anything inside/non-active you can vlog? Cooking tips for example...
Thanks given by:
(13-02-2016, 11:29 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Well that sucks! Sad

Is there anything inside/non-active you can vlog?  Cooking tips for example...

I'm hoping after a couple weeks I can get in the shed and start tinkering with heart of new project

Got quite a bit of footage to sort through aswell
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
You'll be able to start doing some bits at work quite quickly, the boots are quite easy to walk in.
Thanks given by:
Pulled pork or Ham roll?

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
(13-02-2016, 11:39 AM)Piggy Wrote:

I'm hoping after a couple weeks I can get in the shed and start tinkering with heart of new project

Ah I see, at least there's something to do then. Smile

Shame it wasn't a pulled hamstring tbh, more appropriately named and heals quicker... lol
Thanks given by:
Shit luck mate

I fractured my elbow 3 weeks ago went back to work after a week couldn't handle the sitting around and doing nothing.
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Whilst I WANT and NEED to work asap...
My foot is rather crucial Undecided
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(13-02-2016, 04:39 PM)Piggy Wrote: Whilst I WANT and NEED to work asap...
My foot is rather crucial Undecided

Made anything out of youtube yet.

My mate at work has started a channel and all he goes on about is posts and subs
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
still.... at least youll have time to do videos.
Thanks given by:
(13-02-2016, 04:45 PM)Eeyore Wrote: still.... at least youll have time to do videos.

Yeah I do have a ton of footage to go through...not sure 6 weeks worth though.

Anyone had experience of ways to speed up the healing?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(13-02-2016, 12:00 PM)Toms306 Wrote:

Ah I see, at least there's something to do then.  Smile

Shame it wasn't a pulled hamstring tbh, more appropriately named and heals quicker... lol

never torn a hamstring then i take it? mine took 8 months to get right for footy, tbf i did come back too early and fcuk it up a bit lol
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(13-02-2016, 04:56 PM)Piggy Wrote:
(13-02-2016, 04:45 PM)Eeyore Wrote: still.... at least youll have time to do videos.

tbh if i saw a pig with a broken leg itd probably get either an injection or shot.
Thanks given by:
(13-02-2016, 05:03 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote:
(13-02-2016, 12:00 PM)Toms306 Wrote:

Ah I see, at least there's something to do then.  Smile

never torn a hamstring then i take it? mine took 8 months to get right for footy, tbf i did come back too early and fcuk it up a bit lol

Nope, I keep well away from any dangerous sports where I might get injured... lol

I know people that have though, I guess it depends how badly you do it maybe.
Thanks given by:
(13-02-2016, 04:56 PM)Piggy Wrote: Anyone had experience of ways to speed up the healing?

Yes, give it a week and a half and call the virtual fracture clinic at about 4:45 on a Friday afternoon and they'll say anything to get you off the phone and will tell you that you don't need to wear the boot as long as you take it easy (no sport).
Thanks given by:
bad crac that is piggy, build model cars instead or one of those remote control trucks.
Thanks given by:

I imagine having a calcium rich diet and getting to bed early and getting lots of sleep would probably help, but I'm not a medical professional.

Shit luck mate, I crushed my finger on the first day back at work of 2016 and broke it, but that's nothing compared to a broken foot.

When you are up and about I'll be wanting some flocked bits at some point so that could be something to do!
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
May have to sell the racetractor I think
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(14-02-2016, 12:17 PM)Piggy Wrote: May have to sell the racetractor I think

Because you've hurt your foot? Man the f*ck up you poof.
Thanks given by:
Sod off JJ, you don't know me or what I do or the damage and resulting fall out with my employers.

Here is me manning up... Why don't you just not bother commenting on all my threads in future? Unless you have something nice to say?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(14-02-2016, 02:34 PM)Piggy Wrote: Sod off JJ, you don't know me or what I do or the damage and resulting fall out with my employers.

Here is me manning up... Why don't you just not bother commenting on all my threads in future? Unless you have something nice to say?

It's an open forum James.

It's a complete pain in the arse hurting yourself, especially something like your leg & doubly when you do a physical job. So I massively feel for you and wish you the very best for a speedy recovery.

The thing that makes me laugh is that you blatantly posted that to get a reaction. You simply won't sell it because you've hurt your foot, I'd put money on it.

Now collect up your toys, put them back in your pram & lets all be 306 enthusiasts again.

Happy Valentine's Day X
Thanks given by:
I did...wanted to "put it out there"...

But its looking likely I will need to.

No income for 6 weeks and my main job has a tide cottage... So no work=no house.

So may need the funds to pay someone to help me to do my job.

I cant see any other way round it at the mo. And the racetractor will have its end this year at some point anyway. Just earlier than I planned
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Piggy have you not got savings to help you while you are on the pat and mick?
Thanks given by:
(14-02-2016, 03:28 PM)procta Wrote: Piggy have you not got savings to help you while you are on the pat and mick?

Nope. 

I've invested too heavily in family and cars....hence breaking open an "investment" lol

I should be alright, but just have to change my plans a little. 

Annoying thing is obv I can't break it for parts as can't work on to split parts down!! Lol
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(14-02-2016, 03:32 PM)Piggy Wrote:
(14-02-2016, 03:28 PM)procta Wrote: Piggy have you not got savings to help you while you are on the pat and mick?

Nope. 

I've invested too heavily in family and cars....hence breaking open an "investment" lol

I should be alright, but just have to change my plans a little. 

Annoying thing is obv I can't break it for parts as can't work on to split parts down!! Lol

sods law that is piggy, I am starting to put cash away in case the worst happens.
Thanks given by:
(13-02-2016, 05:07 PM)Eeyore Wrote:

tbh if i saw a pig with a broken leg itd probably get either an injection or shot.

David Cameron us one to talk to about pigs
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Sorry to hear this, my two cents are. Bank loan for a couple of grand. Then 0% credit card transfer. Should cover you assuming you have okay credit and a way to pay it back.
good luck. G
Thanks given by:
dont go back to work too quick! I broke my ankle earlier in the year and went back to work doing 'light duties' in the boot thing after 2 or 3 weeks, cant remember which - being an ag mechanic the light duties didnt last too long and getting a fair bit of shit from it now the cold weathers here... wishing i gave it a bit more time to recover. Saying that, get well soon!
Thanks given by:
Thanks man
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
been there done that , done lower leg in three  places , june 2014  and still not back at work , no quick fix , and having to take company to court , so no income , the worst was not being able to drive and being able to do nothing , so 6 weeks does not sound to bad , but no what your going through , hope you get speedy recovery , and get by money wise
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Piggy! cully 4 1,599 26-09-2016, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Danny Wideboy
  FAO: piggy bashbarnard 3 1,613 05-08-2016, 05:49 PM
Last Post: toseland
  Piggy ! cully 15 3,745 01-05-2015, 03:13 PM
Last Post: 7057sam