Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heater matrix broken.
I think you have two seperate issues here. The heater matrix will not leak through the blower fan but the fans are all starting to pack up now. Bearings go in them and eventually they just die. You can get a second hand unit from ebay or a scrappy dirt cheap and its about a 10 minute job to replace.
With regards to the matrix, Kseal wasn't the best of ideas. It doesn't do your cooling system much good at all. I would suggest replacement ASAP. Its not a difficult job but its long winded. The dash has to virtually come out completely, drain coolant system, clean out heater box (if matrix has been leaking for a while) and replace matrix. You can have the whole lot done in 3 hours if you're competent with a screwdriver but if its the first time you have tackled a job like this, give your self 2 days mostly just so you can take your time. Theres lots of little screws/nuts etc hidden here and there which need to come out before the dash can come forwards.I highly recommend a Haynes manual for this. Normally i would say they are shite but it shows you where all the fixings are so does help.

Alternatively i'm sure there is a member on here who would be happy to help.
With both the fan and matrix, they are different depending on if you have AC or not. Theres only 2 types so you cant go wrong really. For a decent matrix i would expect to pay £50-60 although it may be cheaper/more expensive now. its been years since i've done one.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by: Pipsqueakaboo

Messages In This Thread
Heater matrix broken. - by Pipsqueakaboo - 13-02-2016, 09:37 AM
RE: Heater matrix broken. - by welshpug - 13-02-2016, 09:43 AM
RE: Heater matrix broken. - by Eeyore - 13-02-2016, 09:43 AM
RE: Heater matrix broken. - by Niall - 13-02-2016, 10:05 AM
RE: Heater matrix broken. - by Pipsqueakaboo - 13-02-2016, 01:20 PM
RE: Heater matrix broken. - by Pipsqueakaboo - 16-02-2016, 06:34 AM