Project Landy with 2.5L XUD?!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Project Landy with 2.5L XUD?!
Ok, maybe its not a 306, or an XUD but it got your attention! ThumbsUp

After officially living in oz for 2 years now, I thought it was time I stopped mincing and bought something non-automatic, non-petrol, and non-policegonnacutyourdickofffordoing61ina60.

[Image: landy2_zpsxsiztcvx.jpg]

[Image: landy1_zps9o0hax6g.jpg]

Land Rover Discovery MK1 1992. 186k miles on the clock - this is not that much for Australia... 

I picked this up couple of days ago for a grand total of $2800. It 'should' be worth around $5k over here, it has about $20k's worth of receipts with it, not a single speck of rust only discolouration on the bonnet, nothing else wrong with it at all apart from the AC compressor which i'm getting fixed. Has come from an owner who's had it for approx 13 years and spent heaps on keeping it tip-top Big Grin

Anyway, has a few upgrades to start, with a 2" lift kit already fitted, and some offroad cooper tyres with 70-80% life left on, these alone are worth upwards of $1200 Itwasntme

Now I think the best bit about this is that it has a VE powered engine, which ofcourse means I can actually start getting my hands dirty.
I have spoke with Darren and Chris, and realistically 18lb is a safe bet. I have also already been speaking with MK Indy man Ben about making up some adaptor plates for me and get my 2052v shipped over to bolt on, these things cry for low down boost when offroading Inlove Inlove Inlove

[Image: landy4_zpsjzcybhms.jpg]

[Image: landy3_zpsygwjatwx.jpg]

I will be heading to Fraser Island in the coming weeks, which is a giant island of sand that you cam camp on with heaps of 4x4 tracks.

[Image: Fraser-01-630x418.jpg]

Bonus was when I went to pick it up, the daughter of the dude was super hot walking about in her skimpies - in 1st photo lol
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Oooof more pictures of that, please! Sorry, you were saying something about a car?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
nice purchase, screaming out for a vnt Smile
Thanks given by:
so much room for activities
Thanks given by:
[Image: 6c3du1t.jpg]

I can literally put a desktop computer there
Thanks given by:
(10-02-2016, 09:57 PM)Poodle Wrote: Oooof more pictures of that, please! Sorry, you were saying something about a car?
^what he said.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:

Will put up some more video's later, this was just a taster.

Progress will be;

winch,
VNT blower, getting some plates mate up in UK by a mate, and will fit a GT2052V to this. The stock one just shocking.

Need the reliability so not going mad with power - being 4 hours from anywhere in the bush is fairly daunting if you happen to snap/blow aything.
Thanks given by:
Land rover friwend

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by: