Airbags - Interesting Statistics

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Airbags - Interesting Statistics
Joe Wrote:i think there a brilliant design, it pushes you back into your seat, it doesn't do this so well if your not wearing your seat belt as the pretentioner in the seat is activated in a crash pulling you tight in your seat, i always wear my seat belt after the tragic death of one my best mates last year, winds me up when i see people without a seatbelt on.

so you didnt wear one before?

Id like to add that passengers in the back not wearing seatbelts is possibly even worse. I personally dont want one of my mates flying and killing me as well as himself. I always went shopping with flat mates at uni and one of the guys (who was black) had the stereotypical view that he didnt need a seatbelt and it was a silly law. I told him it was my car and i wasnt prepared to shell out for a new windscreen when he went through it. He needed reminding everytime he got in to put it on and we must have done at least ten trips! :nope:
Thanks given by:
I'm like that too sam, I have a rule that anyone in mine or Danny's car HAS to wear a seat belt and were not moving untill they put one on. If they don't want to wear one then they can walk Smile

As you said, I don't fancy having someone fly into the back of the chair killing them and the person in front orrr them going through the windscreen...

Seatbelts do much more good than bad
Thanks given by:
SRowell Wrote:who was black
Sorry, what's that got to do with anything?
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Connor Wrote:

Lol,

After seeing what an airbag can do when detonated out of a car I really wouldn't want one going off in my face!
Ph1 ftw though! No airbags at all Smile
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
Connor Wrote:

lol Do you remember Rowell had a confederate flag in the back of his car when he first joined .net?
[Image: sigjpg.jpg]
Serious.
Thanks given by:
Connor Wrote:

I thought the same..
Black 306 Rallye
Topaz Blue E39 530i Sport
Nordic Green 406 1.9TD
Thanks given by:
SRowell Wrote:Id like to add that passengers in the back not wearing seatbelts is possibly even worse. I personally dont want one of my mates flying and killing me as well as himself. I always went shopping with flat mates at uni and one of the guys (who was black) had the stereotypical view that he didnt need a seatbelt and it was a silly law. I told him it was my car and i wasnt prepared to shell out for a new windscreen when he went through it. He needed reminding everytime he got in to put it on and we must have done at least ten trips! :nope:
There is no relationship between the guy being black and not wanting to wear a seatbelt. I'm also not sure how you arrived at the stereotype that black people generally think seatbelts are stupid and don't need to be worn, but I don't want to see anymore of it. Racism is not tolerated on here.
Thanks given by:
From talking to my mate whos best mate is half cast, it seems racism goes all the way to the police. He has been stopped 14 times in 3 years driving. His Dad, who is in his 60s has also been stopped numerous times.

Ive been driving 3 years and have been stopped once, go figuire.
[Image: Atterz.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Now now guys, don't troll the casual racist.

Just hang him for crimes against intelligence...
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Awaits Ed Does input :roll: sorry lol
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Atterz Wrote:From talking to my mate whos best mate is half cast, it seems racism goes all the way to the police. He has been stopped 14 times in 3 years driving. His Dad, who is in his 60s has also been stopped numerous times.

I've been stopped 6 or 7 times in 3 years of driving so doubt it has much to do with it.
Thanks given by:
Atterz Wrote:From talking to my mate whos best mate is half cast, it seems racism goes all the way to the police. He has been stopped 14 times in 3 years driving. His Dad, who is in his 60s has also been stopped numerous times.

Urmm...I think it's 'mixed-race' these days mate :?
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
Kezzieboy Wrote:

Urmm...I think it's 'mixed-race' these days mate :?

Don't you mean dual heritage?

:roll:
Thanks given by:
Ok lets not turn this into a PC argument...

Airbags are shit!
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
Thanks given by:
Racing harness>Airbags
/thread
Quote:(15:06:27) Toms306: Wd40d it and had a good tug, came straight off

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5522]

Thanks given by:
I also wont let anyone in the back of my car not wear a seatbelt.

I think more people should get fined for it.
Thanks given by:
Ben Jay Wrote:Racing harness>Airbags
/thread

Only if you have a cage fitted. Otherwise it's broken back time if you roll.
[Image: sigjpg.jpg]
Serious.
Thanks given by:
D: check back in this thread and now im a racist... brilliant...

Quote:Overall, both African-American male and female fatalities were less likely to have been wearing
a seat belt (78% of males were not wearing seat belts and 62% of females were not wearing seat
belts)

taken from a report by IOWA State University

http://www.intrans.iastate.edu/reports/seatbelt.pdf

/apparent racism

dont ban me! D:
Thanks given by:
Dum-Dum Wrote:I also wont let anyone in the back of my car not wear a seatbelt.

I also won't let anyone in my car if they are bla...

..too far? ninja
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
cwspellowe Wrote:
Dum-Dum Wrote:I also wont let anyone in the back of my car not wear a seatbelt.

I also won't let anyone in my car if they are bla...

..too far? ninja

i got pulled over for the car being too low but he also had a go at me for the passenger opening the door before i had completely stopped. Apparently it is my repsonsibility to make sure that they dont open a door. Now i can understand it being the driver and all... but then... is it really my problem seeing as i can hardly reach over the the NSR to stop them opening a door. Same with seat belts im sure there are plenty of people who say they have put them on when they havent. For example the middle belt in my 306 i always hide down the back of the seat so i know whoever in the middle hasnt got one on unless they say 'i cant find it!'
Thanks given by:
why do you hide it down the back of the seat?
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
ninja

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
lmao

Samass so he knows they're going to wear a seatbelt... If they don't ask where it is he knows they're not wearing it.

Just trolling your friends really since they have to get out again to loft the seats up and get it out, and self trolling since you're the one waiting for them lol
Thanks given by:
lmao

Sams been using tyre black as fake tan again I see!
Thanks given by:
i see... i like to have all mine to hand, saves me faffing about explaining how to get seatbelts out to my mates. plus i like them all clipped into those holder tabs on the seats... that and none of my mates are dumb enough to not wear seat belts
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
I love how threads always wander off topic. Basically, if airbags were really a bad thing then they wouldn't fit them to cars....If you wearing a seatbelt then the airbag more that likely won't touch you...it's for the penises who don't wear seatbelts to stop them faceplanting the windscreen in a crash. Of the people who've been injured/killed by airbags, I bet 99% of these weren't wearing the seatbelts, so it probably wasn't the airbag that did the damage.
[Image: 43f2473c.jpg]
Thanks given by:
connor... WTAF!!! D:
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Interesting new technology just made its way into infiniti toseland 6 1,814 18-08-2016, 02:22 AM
Last Post: toseland
  Interesting episode of traffic cops.... rtha6551 19 5,734 14-09-2015, 07:41 PM
Last Post: Dum-Dum
  Interesting 'How Many Left' Results... Matt-Rallye 27 5,170 20-06-2015, 02:07 PM
Last Post: Kezzieboy