Exhaust advice

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Exhaust advice
Currently my GTI is pretty much all standard other than a magnex backbox onto the standard system (no CAT back section).

I was wondering how much benefit this box will actual give the car (if any). Its pretty loud which is ok every know and again. But on motorway runs and generally just pottering around its a bit of a pain. Im fed up of people staring at me from the side of the road like "slow down you nut case" but i'm actually only doing thirty.

So in your opinion would i see a fall in performance if i went back to an original exhaust?
Thanks given by:
No go back to standard back box. It'll be fine.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Scorpion or Jetex is a nice compromise between sound and toque /power upgrade
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
my piper is great. If you havent got the standard back box lying around i wouldnt bother as they are costing a fair bit these days! Just get something quiter and frankly better than a magnex!
Thanks given by:
You are probably seeing a slight gain top end but you could loose a huge amount mid range.

I know Cully went back to a standard system for the mid range power gains.
Thanks given by:
stock is best
Thanks given by:
Cheers guys I'll probably go back to stock eventually. Currently the exhaust is very quite as i cant get the thing started :-).

I'll sort it at the weekend I've been advised its probably the earth points or the battery. I've probably knackered the battery I never really take the car on a long enough run to keep it charged and I'v pretty much got the lights on and the heating on full all the time.

Until then I shall get to pedaling in the cold.
Thanks given by: