Reclining seats. Custom seat rail?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reclining seats. Custom seat rail?
Thinking about replacing the standard Peugeot seats in my car with some kind of reclining bucket seats. Recaro or similar, as I really like those.

However, seat rail is the issue. I found these
http://www.sportseats4u.co.uk/brand/cobr..._1306.html

But at £95 each, I'm wondering if someone has done a custom rail for cheaper? The seats I am looking at are base-mount, and I must have them on a slider rail, they cannot be fixed to the floor, as that would be a pain.

Has anyone done anything like this? Either modifying the original runners to mount to different seats? Or by perhaps using something like this?

[Image: OKPgycE.png]
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331408247315

I've done some searching, it appears its a lot easier on a 5dr 306 due to the way the rails mount to the floor. Mine is a 3dr  TMI

Thanks in advance!
Thanks given by:
Yeah, bit of a bastard, especially in a 3dr, I ended up making mine up with some 6-8mm plate steel when I did them - but they were non-adjustable.

Best way is to buy some old seats, do some measurings, take a grinder to the bottom of the seats and get the rails off and them make up some brackets and weld them on - it's your best option if you really are fixed on having them on a rail - IIRC I've got some knackered seats with rails on for a 3dr if you're interested, you can have them!

Although depending on your height, you may actually prefer setting the seat up, then making it fixed, I'm 6'6 so ended up setting the seat way further back than it would be otherwise.. That way also the seat sits much lower to the floor as you've taken away the space the rail would take up, so your arse sits just above where the cross brace in the chassis would be, pretty much as low as you can get the seats.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Hm yeah, interesting. I have some spare 306 seats with rails actually, so that's not a problem. I took one apart yesterday but it looks pretty complex, so I was wondering if the universal rail method buying from eBay would be easier.

I really don't want it fixed to the floor. I can see the advantages, but I've had that before and it became a bit of a nightmare. I'm a short ass at 5'8 haha. I do like sitting low, but I think sitting *that* low in a 306, I wouldn't even see over the steering wheel  Rofl

But true, I would like to sit a little lower. I may phone SportSeats4U up and see if I can get a full refund on those rails if indeed they either don't fit or position the seat way too high or something. Or if I simply don't like the design of it. That'd maybe be best, then worst case make my own!
Thanks given by:
I've had had booth omp base plates and cobra mounts

Omp where 90-100 a pair literally just a plate with bolt hole in it so you can do whatever too.

Cobra ones a lower mounted and directly screw into rails on cobra seats and have a seat belt/harness hole on the side. 

If like to tinker around and good with a welder go for ruan's option if not buying them would be easier.
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Hi I have a 306 5 door Roland Garros.

I´m 195cm tall and need more legroom, anyone had the same problem? Any seatrail modding?

Had a 306 style 3 door.It had a lot more legroom.

Thanks in advanceSmile
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Custom seat subframes rd070707 8 1,690 30-03-2015, 01:26 PM
Last Post: rd070707
  Swapping GTi6 seats from 5 door to 3 door rail... silverzx 3 1,194 02-04-2014, 07:20 AM
Last Post: silverzx
  Reclining Bucket c.gerrard 16 2,737 18-02-2014, 11:16 PM
Last Post: 7057sam