Still rolling a 306!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Still rolling a 306!
Ey up,

Some of you guys might remember me from Pug306, I've had my 306 HDi for the last 8 years and is currently sat on 226k miles, which have been mostly trouble free....surprisingly enough! Still on original turbo / clutch / rear beam / HP pump etc!

I bought the car at 117k miles and due to using the car as my business car, I retain all fuel receipts. At 217k, I decided to add up all the fuel receipts (Took an hour... I was bored!), I have managed an impressive 56mpg over 100k miles!

My most expensive repair bill was shock absorbers all round... £200 incl labour...who said Peugeot's aren't reliable eh!? Incase you are wondering, I do give my 306 some stick most of the time, it takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin'! haha
Thanks given by:
Welcome Smile
Thats quite an impressive ownership. Most people here get bored of them with in 20,000 miles lol

To be honest they are a very reliable car when you take into account their cost and age. You look around most of the forums and most of the failures are down to modifications people have made.
Awaits Tom to come along, say they aren't reliable at all because no car should ever need any maintenance Wink
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(31-01-2016, 05:09 PM)Niall Wrote: Welcome Smile
Thats quite an impressive ownership. Most people here get bored of them with in 20,000 miles lol

To be honest they are a very reliable car when you take into account their cost and age. You look around most of the forums and most of the failures are down to modifications people have made.
Awaits Tom to come along, say they aren't reliable at all because no car should ever need any maintenance Wink

I think that has more to do with Tom than the car....I've had a remap by Mr Whippy for the last 3 or 4 years now!
Thanks given by:
Hello and welcome along Smile
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
That's some milage! I don't know why HDis get a bad rap, like Niall says anything I've ever had problems with has been my own stupid fault! I bought mine at 100k now at just under 130k it gets abused daily and it's never failed me. (tempting fate comes to mind though Rofl )
Thanks given by:
(31-01-2016, 05:25 PM)BiG K Wrote:

I think that has more to do with Tom than the car....I've had a remap by Mr Whippy for the last 3 or 4 years now!

How have I missed this until now? lol

I never said HDi engines weren't reliable! It's just a shame the cars fall apart around the engine in my experience. Tongue

Out of interest, did you add up the fuel cost as well lol?
Thanks given by:
(16-02-2016, 11:34 AM)Toms306 Wrote:
(31-01-2016, 05:25 PM)BiG K Wrote:

How have I missed this until now? lol

I never said HDi engines weren't reliable!  It's just a shame the cars fall apart around the engine in my experience. Tongue

Out of interest, did you add up the fuel cost as well lol?

Yep... Fuel costs were added up as well..... I nearly fainted Rofl
Thanks given by: