Problem need advice.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem need advice.
I sold my ps3 on Facebook as I never used it. I sold it cheap as I just wanted rid n quick money so I let I go for £50 with hard drive and only power cable as I used hdmi for virgin media and gave controller to my cousin as his broke.
I know damn well It works and it was tested before sale.
As I didn't have controller I could only show the lad who bought it the screen where it ask to use hdmi cable.
He was happy with it. But now he's saying it's not working and keeps over heating on him which it never done that to me.
He's demanding that I either pay for it to be fixed or give him his money back or he's going to take further actions.
But I don't wanna give him anything as I know it was working.
Do I have a leg to stand on or should I just give him money to get it fixed?
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
How long ago did you sell it? Depends how well you know the guy too...I mean if you know beyond all doubt that it was working fine, and he saw that it was working fine and was happy to buy, then you provided no warranty for it and it's sold as seen, so any fault that's present now is his burden.
Thanks given by:
^^^^^ this tell him to royaly do one Smile

Thanks given by:
Don't know him it was a sale site on Facebook. And yeah it was played on the day before sale and I turned it on while he was there.
There's no warranty or anything it's just sold as seen.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
Thanks given by:
It was sold Saturday.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
Thanks given by:
I would say personally if you know it was working at the time and it was sold as seen with no warranty given or implied then in court it would be down to him to prove that it wasnt working at the time of the sale and hasn't stopped working in the time it has been in his possession.
Thanks given by:
If he picked it up and it worked fine at the time, and then has taken it home and it's broken, then it's his problem. He could have left it on with something covering it or dropped it or his mum could have decided the disc tray was a good cup holder, you don't know what he's done in the last few days so as shit as it amy be for him, it's sold as seen as there's no come back. Distance selling doesn't apply and it's a private sale with no warranty. He can try to 'take further action' but he'll end up spending more than £50.
Thanks given by:
For all you know he has placed it on a bed and played it blocking the fans and overheated it causing this problem it was sold sat n was working fine as its now tuesday and its only started playing up today :/

Thanks given by:
Tell him to fuckin do one!!
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I didn't think hed have a leg to stand on.
I know it was working cos I ended up being late for work as I got into a gaming shesh making sure it was ok before sale. He come saw it working and said yeah he's happy and handed the money over.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
Thanks given by:
Hey scott i donated a few hours ago and the forum was runing ok then but it's playing up and going slow now.
i want my money back lmao lol ninja

Awaits the piss off sold as seen Wink

Thanks given by:
R45_ODV Wrote:Hey scott i donated a few hours ago and the forum is playing up and going slow i want my money back lmao lol ninja
haha. :/ I still ain't donated yet and I said I would :/. Gosh I'm bad Smile. I'll put some in pot on pay day.

Another question to save me opening another thread.
It's about fcs and car cleaning. I'm coming camping on Saturday. All day I'll be cleaning and polishing the car but I was just wondering what do people use to clean their car on show ground?
Last time I used the bike version of demon shine (muk-off) my cousin said it left streaks on his car but as mine was Matt it worked brilliantly.
But thinking this year I have a propper paint job Smile
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
Thanks given by:
he probably trying to fob you off with his old nackerd ps3.
Venetian XUD ph2 heaven
Ph3 perv cab heaven
Black ph1 XUD died

Moonstone hdi stage 2
Thanks given by:
Yeah that's another thing taking into consideration. I never thought about taking a serial number so I couldn't make sure it's the same one.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
Thanks given by:
he cant do f*ck all mate, BUYER BEWARE when buying used goods unless its from a dealer
BBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSTTTT!!!!!!!!
Thanks given by:
kentiiboii Wrote:
R45_ODV Wrote:Hey scott i donated a few hours ago and the forum is playing up and going slow i want my money back lmao lol ninja
haha. :/ I still ain't donated yet and I said I would :/. Gosh I'm bad Smile. I'll put some in pot on pay day.

Another question to save me opening another thread.
It's about fcs and car cleaning. I'm coming camping on Saturday. All day I'll be cleaning and polishing the car but I was just wondering what do people use to clean their car on show ground?
Last time I used the bike version of demon shine (muk-off) my cousin said it left streaks on his car but as mine was Matt it worked brilliantly.
But thinking this year I have a propper paint job Smile
You can just use a Quick Detailer and microfiber. The campsite isn't too far though so shouldn't be too much of an issue in terms of the car getting dirty between the site and the show!

With the serial number, not sure if you had a PSN account but you could always see if it's linked to a specific unit/serial number if there's an online account

R45_ODV Wrote:Hey scott i donated a few hours ago and the forum was runing ok then but it's playing up and going slow now.
i want my money back lmao lol ninja

Awaits the piss off sold as seen Wink
lol Thanks for that by the way <3
Thanks given by:
Its all good mate Smile

Thanks given by:
karl1989 Wrote:he probably trying to fob you off with his old nackerd ps3.

This. He could have bought yours as a replacement for his shit one. Then thought he could try an blag you out of it. Do not give a refund and do not pay for repair.

Sold as seen means there is no comebacks. Tell him to take you to court. Explain no refunds or warranty was implied. Google some trading standards legislation that works in your favour and quote him. When he realises you mean business he'll think twice
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Sorry I'm quite noob to detailing. What a quid detailer?
I sound so thick!
I'm only like 10 miles away from Donnington anyway so car not be ditched but obviously just wanna top it up at the show.

I didnt have psn only bought ps3 to try it always been on xbl.
I'll just have to ignore him then Smile.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
Thanks given by:
Thanks Matt I'll have a look.

Btw if you are going to clean your car at fcs I have some muck of you could try for your Matt paint. Worked great for my Matt car.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
Thanks given by:
Sounds good to me mate. Should e interesting stuff Smile
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
I'll bring it with me Smile.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
Thanks given by:
offer him a refund. Either youll get it back and you can sell for me... or he will shut up and realise he got a bargain!
Thanks given by:
Hes going on again saying the law says he has rights but the rights he's showing me is for a shop.
I've just sent him this.
The rules change with private sellers

If you're buying second-hand goods from private seller (someone who doesn't sell goods for all or part of their living) your rights are nowhere near as strong as when buying from a shop.

The only protection is that it's correctly described and the owner has the right to sell it. Here it really is a case of caveat emptor or 'let the buyer beware'.

So if the seller says nowt or little about the goods and you buy it, then that's it. Even if it's shoddy, you weren't mis-sold, so have no comeback. Though if they lie to you â?? you do.

He's saying I didn't describe it right now. But he even saw it working at my house. Wouldnt of sold
It of it wasnt working.
Would of had the hard drive out of it and use it as a external.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
Thanks given by:
Block him on facebook and politely tell him to get f*cked, it worked when it left you, end of argument,

if he continues being a cock then stick his details up here/link to his facebook/mobile number etc, I'm sure he will get the point pretty damn quick Smile
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
How did he pay? Cash? Give him a receipt? If not, he didnt buy it from you... simples...
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I wouldn't worry too much about it, being a private sale he would have to show that the item does not suit the description which I guess you would have posted on Facebook?

If you stated in the ad that it is in fully working condition, he would potentially have reasonable cause to go to small claims court. However for the cost of the sale that is highly improbable.

This whole tradition of people saying 'sold as seen' is complete malarkey. A trader breaks the law by saying it, and in private sales it is the written description which forms the basis for legal disputes. If it is advertised as working (preferably in writing), then it has to work.
Captain Standard

Thanks given by:
Invite him round so you can sort out his issue and give him his money back, then when he turns up tie him up and put him in the basement. Those who have seen Pulp Fiction will know how the rest of the plan goes.....
Thanks given by:
Lol yeah that sounds good Smile.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
Thanks given by:
CBA to read previous posts, I'm sure someone has said it but private sales aren't covered by the sales of goods act. You are not a shop or seller by living so it is classified as a private sale.

Tell him it may work better if he shoves it up his arse...
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by: