Harness fitting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harness fitting
So I've got an omp base mount, sparco bucket side mounts and a sparco harness to go in my 1.8 3door 306 xs and I know the back strap bolts to either the c pillar or rear seat bolts, and one side bolts into the seat belt mount on the outside but where does the inside bolt to?? I'm really stuck, do I have to to remove more carpet? Thanks
Thanks given by:
Hiya. So yeh you may be a bit stuck. In my 1.8 which was a 5 door the omp frames are actually adapters for the original mounts/sliders. Took a lit of conversation with DT for them to tell me this as only 3 of the 4 bolts lined up. Anyway. THe answer to your question.... on my 5 door ones i used the pretensioner bolt holes but it sounds like you dont have that because youve got OMP base mounts.

I will have exactly the same issue in a few weeks so im glad youve ran into this issue before me. I imagine youd need to drill a hole and weld in a reinforcing plate somewhere and then bolt through that.

For the rear i would defintely rather go down to the bench belt bolts than to the C pillar. Ideally you want a near to horizontal harness so probably best to invest in a harness bar in the future. You could look at the subaru and evo style harness bars that bolt into the B pillar holes which will now be free. Slamwagon has one in his estate. look at his project thread.
Thanks given by:
Yeah I've just got my bucket seat in and I'm now in a bit of a predicament as to what to do next, because I can't even attach a normal seatbelt and I need the car tonight :/
Thanks given by:
Drive with no seat belt sounds like the only option..
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
You can buy eyelets and plates from jjc for the belt mount near the handbrake.

It's properly dangerous attaching the belts to the floor in the rear.
P1 XSi track car
2.4 LWB T4
Thanks given by:
here we go.... another discussion around how belts need to be horizontal
Thanks given by:
(29-01-2016, 07:16 PM)Eeyore Wrote: here we go.... another discussion around how belts need to be horizontal

It's not a discussion it seems like fairly reasonable physics. Attach the back strap horizontal.
Thanks given by:
http://www.securon.co.uk/fitting/extras/...itting.htm
Thanks given by:
so should i attach the back to the rear seat mount or c pillar? and thanks fatlapit
Thanks given by:
the cage harness bar.

no cage? no harnesses.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
I used the seat mounting bolt, its what takes the stress with the standard seats plus you now have less weight.

Takata recommend 0-45 degree decline for their harnesses.
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Strangly this has just happened to me to. Turns out that yes you have to drill the floor and and tack a spreader plate on the underside, then the eyelet to that, harness to that.
from my research It seems the floor is the best place to mount to, especially if you have a 4 point, therefore spreading the load to two points.
welshpug makes a great point and is correct, but not everybody can afford or want a roll cage, but do want the support of buckets when on the track.
a compromise has been made in my case with my fingers staying crossed the car never rolls.
I have fitted a harness bar from tegiwa. It bolts to existing mounting points and raises the harness angle as needed and should provide some extra rigidity to the flexy pug at a shade over £150 its what I have chosen and staid in my budget. I know its not the dream scenario but then again im a painter not a racecar driver.
hope this helps

Ignore the left mount, getting drilled this week.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
Thats an interesting solutiom actually... Link to the supplier?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(24-02-2016, 07:59 AM)Piggy Wrote: Thats an interesting solutiom actually... Link to the supplier?

Just google tegwa harness bar. It is universal fitment, and feels solid as fook.
Thanks given by:
Hmmm. Good idea.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Been running one for ages, great solution to this problem
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
no cage no harness.
90' 205 gti6 supercharged
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Axle rebuilds please contact me for your needs.

https://www.facebook.com/axlesbystef/
Thanks given by:
I admit I ran a car without a cage but a bucket and harness, only due to my 6'5'ness.

As stef and welsh have said, it's really not a good ideal.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Harness bar fitting kentiiboii 72 15,484 20-05-2015, 09:46 AM
Last Post: Nathan1305