Is my HDI remapped

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is my HDI remapped
I have had an hdi previously to my current one, and I had it remapped with a stage 1+ but standard to standard the current one feels so much faster. I am not totally sure if the car has been remapped but it goes very well and is smokey.. It has a boost gauge fitted that is tapped into the inlet elbow that reads 14-15psi, I know this is standard boost but since its tapped into the inlet elbow it could of dropped a psi?
Thanks given by:
Stage 1 generally won't be affecting boost anyway, fairly easy way to tell though - stick it in 3rd and then accelerate from 30 to 70 flat out and see how long it takes.
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(26-01-2016, 09:48 AM)Midnightclub Wrote: Stage 1 generally won't be affecting boost anyway, fairly easy way to tell though - stick it in 3rd and then accelerate from 30 to 70 flat out and see how long it takes.

I will time it later. Stage 1 will slightly increase boost I thought to around 16psi? I know boost in these are manually controlled and not ecu controlled but as more fuel is added boost will increase slightly to compromise?
Thanks given by:
Not necessarily, if the actuator is set to open at 14 psi.. it's going to open at 14 psi, you can throw in all the fuel you want.

Personally, boost never changed when going to stage 1 for me
Thanks given by:
(26-01-2016, 11:42 AM)Midnightclub Wrote: Not necessarily, if the actuator is set to open at 14 psi.. it's going to open at 14 psi, you can throw in all the fuel you want.

Personally, boost never changed when going to stage 1 for me

So when going stage 2 with a fmic and map to suit the boost still wont increase at all without the use of a manual boost controller?
Thanks given by:
Either a boost controller or manually adjusting the actuator arm on the turbo to allow more boost. But no, just swapping the map over will do nothing to the boost
Thanks given by: boggs
(26-01-2016, 12:30 PM)Midnightclub Wrote: Either a boost controller or manually adjusting the actuator arm on the turbo to allow more boost. But no, just swapping the map over will do nothing to the boost

Has anyone ever slightly increased the boost on a stage 1 when I say slightly I mean a psi more or so?
Thanks given by:
There's really not much point, as the boost goes up they become less efficient meaning the charge air gets hotter, because there's no intercooler there's nothing to cool the hot charge air, meaning any potential power increase by increasing boost is negated by the increase in charge temperature. TLDR: not much point without an intercooler
Thanks given by:
(26-01-2016, 12:50 PM)Midnightclub Wrote: There's really not much point, as the boost goes up they become less efficient meaning the charge air gets hotter, because there's no intercooler there's nothing to cool the hot charge air, meaning any potential power increase by increasing boost is negated by the increase in charge temperature. TLDR: not much point without an intercooler

Ah thanks interesting to know Smile I will update this when I time it later
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Finally remapped camoturd 7 1,755 31-03-2014, 07:20 PM
Last Post: camoturd
  hdi remapped turning over not starting MissWoop 56 8,331 09-11-2013, 08:36 AM
Last Post: MissWoop
  remapped hdi goes random :/ MissWoop 16 3,095 08-07-2013, 06:39 PM
Last Post: Tom