£ 200 last price drop - NO LONGER FOR SALE

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
£ 200 last price drop - NO LONGER FOR SALE
Star 
EDIT: Turns out it was the BSI, picked a remapped ecu, bsi, barrel etc for 70 quid so it's now back on the road! 

------ 200 quid this weekend or it'll be gone for scrap on Monday ------

I have been holding out to get an auto electrician to take a look at the hdi, however I can't justify spending money on it as I don't actually need the car! 
Gauging interest on this to see if anyone wants to buy it or whether I should scrap it. I won't be breaking it I'm afraid I haven't the time.
I have a feeling it could be something so simple, the issue started when I change the fuel filter and it started not starting first time, then it completely stopped. It sat there for a few months and the battery died. The mileage doesn't show up when the key is in the ignition but it turns over, just doesn't fire! Anyway the thread is in the hdi section for reference to the issue. 

DESCRIPTION: £300

Around 141k on the clock, MOT until April 2016. Full and very thorough service history. 
It's the LX model, 2 keys. Been remapped by ProSteve and it is a great drive when it's running, Steve himself said it feels very quick for only a stage one with no other mods (before the mid box conversion). 15 inch steel wheels with caps, genuine pug roof bars.
Dewipered, mid box to back box conversion. Interior is pretty spot on if I'm honest. Only issue with the interior is that the Factory radio code isn't present and the drivers side speakers in the car are not working. Bodywork is decent all round, a small bit of paint chipped off on corner of front drivers wing where connecting to the bumper.

Gave it a good service about 20 miles ago, Oil, oil filter, air filter, fuel filter, new front discs and pads, both front track rod ends. And there's a spare cv boot kit in the boot.
Not sure how much to ask so let's start at 300 and let's have some offers, if you provide email I'll be able to get pics to you quicker, including paperwork etc.

I now have pictures of the exterior of the car, interior will have to be tomorrow as its too dark now. Will have to be towed or if whoever turns up can get it running somehow then they can drive it away. Probably has about a fiver of fuel left in it, so bonus for the buyer Wink.

Send me email for pics to be sent.

I'm away from 31st Jan - 7th Feb so anytime from then it'll be available.
First come first served.
Thanks given by:
check the fuses in the car think there is a 5 amp that kills everything

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
Where abouts in oxfordshire are you?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Near Witney. I'll check the fuses in the next couple of days cully thanks mate. I'd love to keep the car because it was mint when it was running!
Thanks given by:
Would you post it?
Thanks given by:
i had a problem when i changed the fuel filter on my HDI van a while ago, keep cutting out, took 2-3 days of driving it down the road and it stopped doing it, surmised it must have been air in the system . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
I've bled the system but it just won't fire. Even with easy start. Haven't had a tow start yet
Thanks given by:
(26-01-2016, 09:25 AM)aaron_one Wrote: I've bled the system but it just won't fire. Even with easy start. Haven't had a tow start yet

could battery not just be flat now? they need a good kick to start them more than the xud i've noticed . .Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
I changed the battery and still the same problem, not the earths either Sad
Thanks given by:
Bump the fcuker Smile
Thanks given by:
Have you cracked an injector slightly to see if your getting fuel when you crank it over?

Shame your not closer would have had it off you
Thanks given by:
Yeah it's getting fuel fine, we tested that. I do need to bump start it and see if that sorts it out haha. That's my last option
Thanks given by:
The injectors won't fire until it sees a good cranking speed so a bump should help with that if you've wrecked the new battery with a broken alternator. Tongue

It is odd though, there's not much you actually need on a HDi to get it started, as long its getting fuel pressure, turning over quick and sees cam/crank sync it should fire. Keeping it running well after that is a different matter lol.
Thanks given by:
I've had a HDi before where it would not fire from the starter. Bump it and it fire up happily.

You could tell the starter was draggggy though.
Thanks given by:
Did you have to tow it? We've tried pushing it and it 'coughed'
Thanks given by:
(26-01-2016, 04:04 PM)aaron_one Wrote: Did you have to tow it? We've tried pushing it and it 'coughed'

yeah towed it, dropped it in 2nd. away she went. a moderate size hill would be enough.
Thanks given by:
I'll have to give that a go cheers
Thanks given by:
My brother's did this. Turns out the HP pump was leaking and letting air in. Ran "fine" (made it the length of the country) but just would not fire unless bumped.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
How did he fix it? Could you hook it back up making sure there are no leaks?
Thanks given by:
He didn't. It's still on my parents drive awaiting repair.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Right, definitely up for sale! Pm me emails for pics etc
Thanks given by:
(29-01-2016, 03:04 PM)aaron_one Wrote: Right, definitely up for sale! Pm me emails for pics etc

why not put it up in the For Sale section? Smile
Thanks given by:
*looks at own for sale thread in the for sale section*

I'm confused
Thanks given by:
Why not put some pics in here? Smile
Thanks given by:
Not sure how to using my phone without going through a file sharing site
Thanks given by:
Good luck using the forum uploader lol... Tongue

I take it a bump didn't work?
Thanks given by:
My mate came round with a land rover and no tow rope, he later on surprised me by returning with a rope haha. However it wasn't successful so it's for sale. He says if the ECU can get the voltage then it will start no problem but no idea how to do that and I ride a bike everywhere anyway. Not a motorbike, a pushbike because I'm not that cool.
Thanks given by:
Ah I see. That's a shame!
Thanks given by:
Sad I know, I love the hdi's too. Safe to say it won't be my last
Thanks given by:
Still for sale Smile
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Citroen zx for price drop £350 or swap bashbarnard 28 6,494 04-09-2016, 10:07 AM
Last Post: bashbarnard
  FOR SALE: 106 1.5NAD! £425ono...price dropped for quick sale :) Piggy 15 2,677 10-08-2014, 06:03 PM
Last Post: Dum-Dum
  306 dturbo for sale soon price? dave205 3 1,601 20-07-2014, 04:11 PM
Last Post: dave205