Tyre advice

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tyre advice
Now the following may sound dumb but I've never run a car on a budget like this one and have always changed my tyres well in advance so it's never really come up.

Attached is pic of the passenger side tyre... It was my understanding of the law that you had to have 1.6mm of tread on 75% of the width and around the entire circumfrance. Now the band is over 1.6mm deep all the way around and with the four large grooves id say covers 75% of the tyre. But obviously the outer is quite bald. So is this tyre ok??

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
It's legal yeah, as you say 1.6mm over the central 3/4s. Will notice that edgewear on corners though.
Thanks given by:
Yes, it is still legal if you have 1.6mm or over on the central 3/4

BUT

Looking at that edge and the way it's worn you probably don't have long before it starts to show cord judging by the way the smooth is starting to look a little lumpy underneath and as soon as the cord shows that is instantly illegal.
Thanks given by:
Cheers guys. Gotta do sum miles this week so they should be OK to last until payday (Friday)
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
Are both edges of the tyre the same? Tyres could be under-inflated if so. If not, is the outer edge of the driver's tyre the same? If they're both wearing on the outer edge you may have a geometry problem and need tracking, that or you have a b-road hooning... I don't want to call it a problem, let's go with addiction. Big Grin
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
regardless of being legal, that has stopped being safe a long time ago.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by: