Heather blower strange behavior

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heather blower strange behavior
Exclamation 
Hi everyone.

Problem - heather blower won't blow any air, unless tapped gently (sometimes very gently). It worked until couple of days ago. Right now it takes couple of taps to get it spinning again, but squeaky/rubbing/vibrating sounds are present, not clean and quiet spin.
Air won't blow sufficently, unless speed is set to 3/4.

Possible solutions - 
  1. something got inside and is clogging it up
  2. broken/loose connectors inside it
  3. worn out assembly that vibrates and shuts itself off.
So, what might be your guesses?

And what do I have to do to take blower motor out? Dash removal or/and glowebox removal... etc.

Thank you in advance.

Car is Left hand drive, if it matters, and rear window heating works, and green realy has been checked for burning out.

Also here it is -20C, so this is a neccessity rather than optional extra.
Thanks given by:
Also, if I have to buy a new/used one, are there any cars that I can look for to get replacement one?
Thanks given by:
Check if it wires are connected to it? Mine was like that. Was just a loose wire.
Thanks given by:
I will try to do that tomorrow!
Thanks given by:
Mine looked like it was connected, but one of the wired was just lying next to the pin it was supposed to be seated to. So it worked sometimes when it touched it.
Thanks given by:
The blower can be removed easily from above the passenger footwell, 3 bolts iirc and a plug, I'm guessing dead bearing broken contact on motor due to excessive use ( minus20 ) smoothing out at higher speeds!
Should be plenty used good ones on eBay!
Thanks given by:
Need replacement ThumbsUp
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Somehow managed to drive 3h with changing blower speed, because when cable is touched, you can change spinning speed, but vibrations haven't gone so in need of replacement.

I must look only at peugeot 306 blower motors, or from partner/xsara/zx will fit as well? And does phase matter?
Thanks given by:
No idea what fits from the others, but don't think phases really matter. Its just if you have air con or not. Had a hard time finding one for my non air con model. But have managed to get it to work ok with a little bit of grease.
Thanks given by:
Plan of action for this time then would be - get this one out, see what exactly went wrong and get another one!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Blower position/blower motor mcglynn 3 1,809 11-01-2014, 10:06 AM
Last Post: adamm306