Greasy!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greasy!!
Thumbs Down 
New car turned up yesterday and which ever moron Cleaned it decided to use what I can only describe as tyre shine on every single plastic surface inside the bloody thing. 
Has anyone got any good ideas for removing this shit? I've tried just wiping it off with a damp cloth but it's having none of it Sad
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
APC, diluted with warm water
Thanks given by:
Dettol wipes remove grease and don't smell horrendous!
Huggies baby wipes also remove grease and are only a quid a pack!
Thanks given by:
Oh god, I bought a 306 coated in that shit once, it was all over the wheel and gearknob as well!

Pretty sure I just used baby wipes to remove it all though.
Thanks given by:
aye, baby whipes or let it sit in some talkum or something that absorbs stuff for a little while and whipe off Smile
Thanks given by:
Anti-Stacic Foam Cleaner. We use at work all the time for cleaning cameras ect. Think Maplins sell it.
Thanks given by:
Autosmart G101.
Cherry Red Rallye - Full on OEM resto.....
Thanks given by:
I was gonna suggest baby wipes as well tbh, but it seems I've been pipped to the post... Wink
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I bought a car covered in what i like to call bullsh*t spray
Really greasy and took ages to get it all off, steering wheel was coated and so was the gearstick and handbreak, infact the whole inside was.
Still bought the car because it was a bargain but was annoyed getting rid of it all.
Thanks given by:
brake cleaner, brake cleaner everything haha
90' 205 gti6 supercharged
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Axle rebuilds please contact me for your needs.

https://www.facebook.com/axlesbystef/
Thanks given by:
(23-01-2016, 01:32 PM)306carter Wrote: Anti-Stacic Foam Cleaner. We use at work all the time for cleaning cameras ect. Think Maplins sell it.

Disappointed in my self i didn't think of this. Ive got loads in the car lol
Also got a pack of baby wipes so sure i can sort this Monday when i should be working. Thanks Guys Big Grin
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(23-01-2016, 03:02 PM)Ben_w Wrote: Autosmart G101.

This would be my suggestion as well
Thanks given by:
(23-01-2016, 05:02 PM)Stef205 Wrote: brake cleaner, brake cleaner everything haha

QFT. 

Can't get better than brake cleaner.
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
Isopropyl alcohol
P1 XSi track car
2.4 LWB T4
Thanks given by:
Where do you get liquid brake cleaner if not in the trade? I've got some aerosol stuff and it's useless, dries up before I get the chance to wipe anything off lol! lol
Thanks given by:
http://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/p/car-ac...&0&cc5_858
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Well now I look stupid haha, they didnt have any online last time I looked! Confused
Thanks given by:
[Image: A54A6E60-CC62-4DF3-825D-7997371BA4D9_zpsgmp6o1fk.jpg]

306Carter wins this one. Anti-static foam cleaner got it all off straight away. No more greasy interior Big Grin

Cheers all.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
ah man is that a auto aswell?! did they take your balls too?
90' 205 gti6 supercharged
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Axle rebuilds please contact me for your needs.

https://www.facebook.com/axlesbystef/
Thanks given by:
(24-01-2016, 04:29 PM)Stef205 Wrote: ah man is that a auto aswell?! did they take your balls too?

Yes they did! lol
When you do 30k a year and thats all in town, you want to be able to do as little as possible. Hence why i picked a Renault. I haven't got to do anything when the cars on the back of a AA low loader Big Grin
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Megane Estate? Do you work for Chubb?
Thanks given by:
(24-01-2016, 06:26 PM)306carter Wrote: Megane Estate? Do you work for Chubb?

yeah Megane Estate. And no i dont. Would never work for them! Got some friends that do and its not overly good news. Only good thing with them is they all get the R-Link display installed in theirs as Chubb dont want the risk of portable sat navs being nicked.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(24-01-2016, 06:29 PM)Niall Wrote:
(24-01-2016, 06:26 PM)306carter Wrote: Megane Estate? Do you work for Chubb?

yeah Megane Estate. And no i dont. Would never work for them! Got some friends that do and its not overly good news. Only good thing with them is they all get the R-Link display installed in theirs as Chubb dont want the risk of portable sat navs being nicked.

We use them for Gas Suppression I don't have many good words to say about them. I was working with an engineer a few weeks back he was saying the Megane is cracking. I'm due an upgrade this year I'm going for a Superb I think.
Thanks given by:
Yeah we have Kia Ceed, Ford Focii, Connects and Meganes. Everyone says the megane is by far the best of the bunch.
The superb is a great car. I had one as a hire car a while back and it was lovely to drive and utterly huge. Was much the same as my old Octavia which was bullet proof. Just bigger really with the odd extra toy.

We use Chubb where we have contracts with their warden call gear on them seeing as it's a closed system. The service from them and the costs are horrendous. A Chubb guy I know in London says he wouldn't work for them ever again. He's about the only decent engineer I've met from them!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by: