Car doesnt like the cold

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Car doesnt like the cold
Has anybody had any experience of the Fri's not enjoying the cold. Iv had one before and from memory it was alright.

It started first time at -2 this morning. Left it to idle for 5 mins to warm up. Then it stalled when I tried to pull away. It took me ages ringer it started again. Icould here wat untrained was the fuel pump clicking. The car started and drove fine then continued to stall when I dipped the clutch

Iv had some icv issues over the last week and weather permitting was going to install a new one this weekend. I wonder if it's just got worse in the cold weather.
Thanks given by:
That could well be the ICV. I do remember cleaning it to solve an idling issue when I owned the car, perhaps a couple of years on it has now finally given up.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
The car relies on the ICV for any air needed when starting to if its stuck closed, you may find starting is drawn out. If it happens again, try using a tiny bit of throttle when cranking and i bet it will start up pretty much instantly.
Then get your self a new ICV. Not a cheap copy one from ebay though. They dont last 5 minutes assuming they work out of the box at all!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gear stick doesnt return to centre Lolben91 6 1,364 11-05-2015, 11:51 PM
Last Post: Lolben91