307 Hdi wipers jamming on??

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
307 Hdi wipers jamming on??
Last couple of days my wipers have stuck on a couple of times with a constant naaaaa naaaaa naaaa naaaa from what sounds like the washer jet pump, had a bit of a burnt smell when it happened last night anyone any ideas? Motor? Relay? Pump? Huh
Thanks given by:
There is an other marques faults section for stuff like this Alex. Smile

Was the burning smell inside or outside? Could be the wiper stalk shorting inside. Or the relay melting.
Thanks given by:
Smell was outside Tom, and wipers just constant on until I stopped and pulled the key out, tonight though I pulled the key, started it back up and it was still at it so had to repeat a couple of times to kill them and the noise!
Thanks given by:
A Peugeot is a Peugeot is a Peugeot, can anyone here define " marque " same Marque different model I reckon!
Thanks given by:
307 wiper control will be a coms unit complete

i would suggest getting it plugged into peugeot planet and get some diagnostics ran with function checks

or it could be very costly just replacing parts

as
coms unit is electronic controller
fuesbox is the relay box controlled via the coms unit
which controls the whiper

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
(21-01-2016, 10:02 AM)Redordead89 Wrote: A Peugeot is a Peugeot is a Peugeot, can anyone here define " marque " same Marque different model I reckon!

Lol, your 307 wiper system has more in common with my Focus than a 306! Tongue

Either way, it didn't belong in HDi engine section. lol
Thanks given by:
(21-01-2016, 11:19 AM)Toms306 Wrote:
(21-01-2016, 10:02 AM)Redordead89 Wrote: A Peugeot is a Peugeot is a Peugeot, can anyone here define " marque " same Marque different model I reckon!

Lol, your 307 wiper system has more in common with my Focus than a 306! Tongue

Either way, it didn't belong in HDi engine section. lol
Yeah man I know, I googled marque and it actually says make and or model so yeah you be right again lol Tongue
Thanks given by:
(21-01-2016, 10:19 AM)cully Wrote: 307 wiper control will be a coms unit complete

i would suggest getting it plugged into peugeot planet and get some diagnostics ran with function checks

or it could be very costly just replacing parts

as
coms unit is electronic controller
fuesbox is the relay box controlled via the coms unit
which controls the whiper
Cheers Paul! I spoke to my peuguru and he told me to go park up the car let it all shut down and after at least 3 minutes pull the battery leads off to reset the ecu which so far has worked a treat, no probs tonight driving in the rain!
You will likely know this Paul but for anyone reading this post later who doesn't know, if you don't wait the full 3 minutes before pulling the battery leads you risk losing the key codes :-( boodloodloo :-(
Thanks given by:
There is also a procedure for reconnecting Peugeot battery leads on Mux cars, wouldn't want to startle the poor BSi... Rolleyes
Thanks given by:
Yesterday during a 12 hour shift in the 307 my clocks would lighunderage if I switched my lights on under acceleration and go off again when not under load, I switched the auto lights off a while back sitting in a car park listening to the radio to save battery and haven't been able to reactivate them since until yesterday when the above happened 2 or 3 times and now my auto lights have kicked back in as soon as I start the car Huh
Anyone any ideas?

Huh

Huh

Trying to edit this thread to current problem and it's no hapnin Soz!
Thanks given by: