Bumper mounted spot lights

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bumper mounted spot lights
So I'm going to be mounting spot lights on the front of this. Not to everyone's taste I know but I like the look of them and there's been so many times when I could have done with them in the past so they'll be one of the first things to go on the 306.

Any recommendations or thoughts ?

I'm planning on mounting them on the bumper in front of the grille.
Thanks given by:
make sure they are securely mounted. if they are high intensity then it may draw too much power for the standard wiring in which case youll ahve to setup relays and some chunky wiring from the battery and make sure its fused etc.
Thanks given by:
(20-01-2016, 09:27 AM)Eeyore Wrote: make sure they are securely mounted. if they are high intensity then it may draw too much power for the standard wiring in which case youll ahve to setup relays and some chunky wiring from the battery and make sure its fused etc.

Thanks Eeyore

Definitely. I'm thinking of ditching my standard battery, getting two of those smaller battery's and upgrading the alternator. I'd run all the standard stuff on one battery and then from the second battery run my bass bin, lights etc all the things that draw loads of power. I know I'll put more load on the engine but it makes sense to me to do. Yeah my dad's gonna help me with the right wiring and relays to make sure it's all properly set up and neatly installed.
Thanks given by:
I rhink most spots etc are 55w each.
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
(20-01-2016, 12:18 PM)Magenta Sunset Wrote: I rhink most spots etc are 55w each.

Yeah they seem to be something like that.

Should be good though I'm looking forward to it haha was looking at the car today taking measurements.
Thanks given by:
(20-01-2016, 08:04 PM)Adam CD P1 Wrote:
(20-01-2016, 12:18 PM)Magenta Sunset Wrote: I rhink most spots etc are 55w each.

Should be good though I'm looking forward to it haha was looking at the car today taking measurements.

will defo need a fuse & relay to power them. just have to decide which circuit to tap into for switching.

(20-01-2016, 08:07 PM)Magenta Sunset Wrote:

will defo need a fuse & relay to power them. just have to decide which circuit to tap into for switching.

a typical diagram

Hate Housework!
Thanks given by: Adam CD P1
you need to see how the new fogs compare to the standard ones. If they dont draw much more then i wouldnt bother with two batteries etc. Remember youre going to have to fabricate it so that they are securely mounted either in the engine bay or boot and then youve got to think about the charging circuit etc. I almost wouldnt bother and just run it all off one decent battery with a decent working alternator.
Thanks given by:

a typical diagram

Thank you Smile
Thanks given by:
(20-01-2016, 10:07 PM)Eeyore Wrote: you need to see how the new fogs compare to the standard ones. If they dont draw much more then i wouldnt bother with two batteries etc. Remember youre going to have to fabricate it so that they are securely mounted either in the engine bay or boot and then youve got to think about the charging circuit etc. I almost wouldnt bother and just run it all off one decent battery with a decent working alternator.

Well there's no standard fogs in mine, part of my plan is to install a d turbo bumper with fogs inserted but for now I'm going to have yellow fogs mounted to the standard bumper. Apologies I forgot to mention that haha. So would a new heavy duty battery be better then ? My current battery is decent but I'm not counting on it as I know it's a few years old and I was thinking it might be a worthwhile upgrade just to get that element of the car safe and reliable.
Thanks given by:
(21-01-2016, 11:39 AM)Adam CD P1 Wrote:
(20-01-2016, 10:07 PM)Eeyore Wrote: you need to see how the new fogs compare to the standard ones. If they dont draw much more then i wouldnt bother with two batteries etc. Remember youre going to have to fabricate it so that they are securely mounted either in the engine bay or boot and then youve got to think about the charging circuit etc. I almost wouldnt bother and just run it all off one decent battery with a decent working alternator.

Well there's no standard fogs in mine, part of my plan is to install a d turbo bumper with fogs inserted but for now I'm going to have yellow fogs mounted to the standard bumper. Apologies I forgot to mention that haha. So would a new heavy duty battery be better then ? My current battery is decent but I'm not counting on it as I know it's a few years old and I was thinking it might be a worthwhile upgrade just to get that element of the car safe and reliable.

I always ask for a heavy duty battery if there's one available from my local factors. worth the extra £.
Also, I fitted yellow fogs to my old 205 (yonks ago), prefer the white ones on my 306. you can see the spread of light better.
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
(21-01-2016, 12:32 PM)Magenta Sunset Wrote:
(21-01-2016, 11:39 AM)Adam CD P1 Wrote:

I always ask for a heavy duty battery if there's one available from my local factors. worth the extra £.
Also, I fitted yellow fogs to my old 205 (yonks ago), prefer the white ones on my 306. you can see the spread of light better.

Yeah I think it's a better way to go especially as I'm going to be adding a lot more load to it. Don't want to be killing the battery somewhere out in the middle of nowhere hahaha.

I know yeah a few of my friends have said the same about yellow fogs but for me it's just a personal preference I've always liked yellow fogs since I was a kid. Headlights will be getting yellowed too but on the inside not one of those films that get stuck over them haha
Thanks given by:
I feel you'd be reducing your 'light output' with the yellow :/
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
heavy duty alternator trumps a heavy duty battery for lights and subs etc right?
battery is more of a band aid for cold starting
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Instrument lights, dash lights not working boggs 3 2,446 26-01-2016, 09:34 PM
Last Post: DeeTurbo
  Spot Lights pugtk 4 1,492 21-01-2015, 09:09 AM
Last Post: Pug0BZ3011
  Odometer lights and clock lights inop bashbarnard 3 2,144 23-07-2014, 08:43 PM
Last Post: DarkInferno