door swap plug and play?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
door swap plug and play?
Wanna swap door on my 306 1998 nad with manual windows due to rust will the electrics plug and play with with a door with electric windows? And will central locking still work? Or will I have to swap looms?

Thanks given by:
I'm guessing it will work fine mate, I am guessing though lol, heard a number of times the looms are the same, one way to find out though Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
If you've already got wires for central locking then probably got it for windows as well. The looms aren't all the same though, the real poverty ones don't have wiring for anything in ph2.

Easy enough to pull the door loom plug and see how many pins there are tbh.
Thanks given by:
Just switch the mechanisms? Although I guess 6bolts and a loom twist is probably quicker.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(19-01-2016, 09:18 AM)Piggy Wrote: Just switch the mechanisms? Although I guess 6bolts and a loom twist is probably quicker.

My door has rusted though on the bottom so needs a new door bit could "kill 2 birds with 1 stone" and have electric windows to from the estate doors.

I'll have to just bite the bullet and swap them and hope I don't waste my time.

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Door loom plug BenDturbo1 1 1,108 18-12-2013, 02:33 PM
Last Post: sweeney1987