used parts

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
used parts
I read a lot of the build threads.
came to wondering if there would be a benefit in there being a dedicated 306 etc breakers. Idea
there was a guy near me briefly, until he went off to uni. Huh
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
There's more than enough people breaking 306's both on here and on eBay, Facebook etc IMO
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
Most people find it hard to shift 306 bits, with the price of new parts low, and the price of the cars themselves being low there generally isn't much of a market for many used parts.

People start breaking them, manage to sell a few decent bits and get left with the majority on their driveway, usually without wheels making it harder to get rid of.
Thanks given by:
Better off buying/selling generic everyday cars if your looking to make money.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Only way to make money on 306's is from mods all the standard parts just aren't worth enough to make it worth the time and effort to remove them, my ph1 estate for example just shy of 1k now from everything ive sold off it 90% was modifications, and im now left with a rolling shell to shift but I'll give that away to scrap man.

Thanks given by:
you all know the market better than I do.
I defer to your knowledge.
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
Looks at '306gti6parts' on ebay...he manages to snipe all the '6s on ebay then sell overpriced 306 parts all over the place somehow! Tongue

On the other hand, I struggle to shift anything from them nowadays lol, I'd only break another if it was already being used as a donor, no money in standard parts as has already been said.
Thanks given by:
Your location doesn't help though I suspect Tom.

I sold most of the major / notable bits on the HDi estate I broke last year and I think it was pretty much just a shell, a few panels, dash and a few odds and ends that was scrapped in the end with the rest going to new homes - so stuff does sell if you price it correctly and you're in the right place. It was only worthwhile though because I needed some of the bits for myself and bought the car on that basis - wouldn't have been worthwhile if I was doing it to make money once you factor in the time and hassle.

I'm sure that their time will come in due course, but values need to rise to the point where people are bothering to repair and restore them before that'll happen. Look at 205 parts to see a good example, as a decade ago they were in a similar place to where 306's are now whereby you could barely give away some stuff and the market was flooded with cars being broken up, whereas now most bits will sell for decent money and you wish you'd squirrelled more away.
1990 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1991 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 16v // 1992 Peugeot 205 GTi 1.9 // 1999 Peugeot 306 HDi Estate
Thanks given by:
There is at least 3 dedicated 306 breakers I can think of along with more than a couple of people that break them in their spare time when one comes up cheap.

Realistically the ability to make money on them has died in the last couple of years as the ownership of them (and thus the number of people to sell to) and the price of scrap (to get rid of anything you don't sell) have both nose dived.

It's only a couple hundred quid difference between a decent profit and a loss on a 306 but if you get a £300 GTi6 or late HDi you can make money on it.

If you want to make money you need to be looking at stuff about 10 years old where they are starting to turn up for a few hundred with very minor problems and stuff that's really common but the top spec/fast versions. Think top diesel focus or V6 vectra or mondeo, probably good money in the pug 407 to break as they like going wrong, are expensive to repair after a crash and like going wrong.
Thanks given by:
There is very little money in it these days.

I use to break them about 5/6 years ago as there was still quite a big following and want for them then however since returning to the fold there seems to be fewer around and not the call for bits.plus if you add up all the time spent removing bits,packaging and sending it's really not worth the hassle.

I've only bought the china/diablo recently as both have various goodies,both were local and both were keenly priced.
Thanks given by:
Yeah I know Somone who sends gearboxs to brazil and exports pug/citroen parts they's some money in that.

I.e set of clones in Argentina /brazil go for stupid money.
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
(19-01-2016, 07:50 PM)7057sam Wrote: Yeah I know Somone who sends gearboxs to brazil and exports pug/citroen parts they's some money in that.

Hmm I wonder how much 6 stuff I can get in a suitcase lol
Thanks given by:
(19-01-2016, 09:36 PM)roland rat Wrote:
(19-01-2016, 07:50 PM)7057sam Wrote: Yeah I know Somone who sends gearboxs to brazil and exports pug/citroen parts they's some money in that.

Hmm I wonder how much 6 stuff I can get in a suitcase lol

as much as you like within the size/weight regs ninja
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
(19-01-2016, 09:48 PM)Magenta Sunset Wrote:
(19-01-2016, 09:36 PM)roland rat Wrote:

Hmm i wonder how much 6 stuff I can get in a suitcase lol

as much as you like within the size/weight regs  ninja

Yeah got he's got some sort of deal can ship pallets for like £50 dunno how he does it.
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
easy if you can fill a shipping container Wink
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by: