Saxo powered mini.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saxo powered mini.
My saxo engine install into my mini.
Started about 2 years ago when I had a scrap saxo and thought that will fit, then after many hours in a cold garage I'm at the stage below, still have loads to do and lots of teething problems to sort, just about everything has been modified.

[Image: image_zpskgwxmiyl.jpeg]
[Image: image_zpsey4vmp6t.jpeg]
[Image: image_zpsymfabfqa.jpeg]
[Image: image_zpsu8hauspk.jpeg][Image: image_zpsg5yc5cno.jpeg]
[Image: image_zpsbdd8yehm.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
What engine is that? 1.6 8v ?
Thanks given by:
1.4 furio engine, still in the early stages of project so lots of teething issues, it's a snug fit but hopefully I'll pull it off.
Thanks given by:
Surely if you're going to all this effort you want more than a 75 bhp engine fitted?
Thanks given by:
Not really want realiabilty over power, may upgrade after this is on the road, see how this ends first.
Thanks given by:
The 1.6 8v vtr engine are reliable and quite easy to get over 100 bhp from cheaply
Thanks given by:
classic mini shell?
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
Well 10 out of 10 for effort. At least you can ditch the 1.4 and a 1.6 will drop straight in as they're the same size. Why though may I ask??
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Had bad experiences with the a series engines, spent a couple of k on one and had nought but problems, I know these engines and can diagnose and repair any faults if needed unlike a 16v vts.
Had a mixture of saxo's 106's and 306's in my 8 years driving and only had 1 melon engine out the lot.
Thanks given by:
A series are the easiest engines to fix diagnose and parts are aplenty. I grew up around them and not once did I have a major issue. The 16v is just as easy to diagnose as the 8v as well. There isn't really that much difference at all.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Well instead of saying your doing it wrong like most of the tools on here.

Ill say good luck and it looks like a great project.
Thanks given by:
(16-01-2016, 10:42 AM)fatlapit Wrote: Well instead of saying your doing it wrong like most of the tools on here.

Ill say good luck and it looks like a great project.

Get out of the wrong side of the bed? Who ever said he was doing it wrong?

Personally im looking forward to seeing how this pans out. Should be interesting and very different!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Be very interested to see how this goes Smile

Is slightly odd... A series, most reliable small engine easiest to fix... Also easily tuneable to 75bhp...
1.4 tu...cheesebox and common for HGs...
But as said...once you've got those mounts in...opens the door to better engines
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Sorry nial i mean that the comments were negative. As per usual on here.
Thanks given by:
Very interesting, best of luck.
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Very interesting im gonna be a standard 1275 in mine for a bit the look at turboing
Vehicle repair and servicing in the midlands pm for details 

Current cars
Subaru Impreza 2.0d - Daily
306 1.8 - track whore soon to be GTI6
Thanks given by:
Thats great. Cant beat projects like this.

Have you seen Project Binky from Bad Obsession Motorsport? A couple of blokes putting a Celica GT4 running gear and 2l turbo engine into a classic mini.....its fabrication art Smile
Thanks given by:
Nice to see a different engine going into a mini, bar Vauxhall, kseries, A series Turbo and Honda vtec.
The A series engines are pricey to fix, The MG metro cup lads used to run the A series cars, but now have had to switch to the K series, due to the price. Its triple the budget to run an A series metro in the MG metro cup, compared to the K series. Are you adapting the drive shafts to?
Thanks given by:
I'll measure the shafts and get them cut and shut or sleeved, a series is a joke for the money to build a good one.
To be honest classic minis are getting far to expensive now a days even the rotters.

(16-01-2016, 02:45 PM)Insanity-74 Wrote: Thats great. Cant beat projects like this.

Have you seen Project Binky from Bad Obsession Motorsport? A couple of blokes putting a Celica GT4 running gear and 2l turbo engine into a classic mini.....its fabrication art Smile
Project binky is mental, proper weapon.
Bad obsession Motorsport also did a vts mini in the link below just scroll the pictures.
http://www.badobsessionmotorsport.co.uk/...axo-heart/
Thanks given by:
I find a lot of mini owners tend to just pull engines from good cars, rather than either doing what you are doing or just spending the cash they pay for a donor car, just get the engine rebuilt. I always question what happens to the their old lumps after they drop the engine from the good donor car. They have destroyed quite a few metros, one daft fool, pulled an engine out of a metro that was worth 3k! tried to sell the rest on for a daft price too. Reason how the car was worth 3k, as the same model with similar mileage went for 3k.
Thanks given by:
So today I'm struggling with the gear linkage setup, Ive had to cut and re weld the rods but still not getting all gears and there to tight and close together, I've also modified the gear selectors which I've had to make shorter.
My gear linkages go on angles, do they all need to be perfectly straight from ball socket to ball socket.
I've ordered some adjustable gear linkage rods hoping there m8 thread so I can cut and adjust m8 threaded bar until I get the length right.

Is there any way I can us a Universal joint UJ instead of the rubber ball.
Thanks given by:
just thought Id throw this here.
Refitted subframe and steering rack.
[Image: image_zps4uabuja4.jpeg]
[Image: image_zpsznf4tbcv.jpeg]
Engine and box went back in.
[Image: image_zps7mqz4auq.jpeg]
Had another go at the gear linkages, decided to use a rover k series selector and modified it all to work.
I have all gears but the throw is quite short so still abit more work to get perfect.
[Image: image_zpswdfjudf2.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Looks really good. Guessing you made all the box section framework? Not sure what a standard mini looks like with engine out..
[Image: 20120704_212316.jpg]
Thanks given by: custom-decals2012
the bom project before binky was also a tu engined mini.

in theory its a fairly simple swap, though i dont know exact details, theres a fair few standard metro parts you could use i would imagine as tgey used a tud5 in the 115d.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
(31-07-2016, 09:20 PM)welshpug Wrote: the bom project before binky was also a tu engined mini.

in theory its a fairly simple swap, though i dont know exact details, theres a fair few standard metro parts you could use i would imagine as tgey used a tud5 in the 115d.
one thing though I didn't understand was why didn't anyone convert a metro diesel over with the Peugeot petrol engine in. But then again diesel metros are not that common at all, back then.
Thanks given by:
(31-07-2016, 09:34 PM)procta Wrote:
(31-07-2016, 09:20 PM)welshpug Wrote: the bom project before binky was also a tu engined mini.

one thing though I didn't understand was why didn't anyone convert a metro diesel over with the Peugeot petrol engine in. But then again diesel metros are not that common at all, back then.

simple answer.

vvc k-series.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
(31-07-2016, 10:52 PM)welshpug Wrote:
(31-07-2016, 09:34 PM)procta Wrote:

simple answer.

vvc k-series.

that's what happened, most went vvc k series, with spi and mpi cars.
Thanks given by: