Project faith. 2.1 8v HAS TO GO :(

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Project faith. 2.1 8v HAS TO GO :(
just in time to blow it up before FCS. i like youre style man. good work. no wonder i couldnt get hold of tom this evening! Had to play bloody countdown on my own didnt ...
Thanks given by:
I'm no cameraman lol...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPTh5obd...e=youtu.be
Thanks given by:
Yaaaaay

Well now we know it works...time will tell for how long Wink
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Great news mate!!!!!!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

It's an interesting sound, it's got the deepness of the 2.1 sound but it doesn't have the 12v's unique breathing sound.
Thanks given by:
booked fcs and track time for 2 hours. so this has got to work now regardless.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
So ive got in a bit today. Toms306 and doespeh came over engines back in and mostly plumed up. Stupid tapatalk has changed soni cant upload photos atm
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
Did the tensioner turn up mate? Smile

Good progress by the way, nicely done
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Hes back at the workshop doing a late one! Tongue
Thanks given by:
(27-03-2016, 07:27 PM)Eeyore Wrote: Hes back at the workshop doing a late one! Tongue

Yeah left at midnight. Thought it was time to leave after i spent 10 mins lookin for a jubilee clip that i was holding!

So after yesterdays marathon day trying to get this done. The following has been achieved from the engine being back out the car

- exhaust downpipe made and fitted
- inlet for the turbo half sorted
- actuator mounting for turbo sorted
- engine back in
- all little wiring bits and bracketing done
- fuel system plumed in
- manifold taped and drilled for boost take off
- shiny new rad mounted
- boost piping started
- slam panel on
- pas plumbed in
- now working on coolant system hoses and header tank location
- xsara vts struts and springs on and driveshafts in

Needless to say a massive thank you to toms306, doespeh and my mate joe all off which came to help. Cba to work on it today but i need to go down there to tidy up and retrive my wedding ring so ill get some pictures.
Thanks given by:
Good job! Waiting for some pictures Big Grin
Thanks given by:
so these are a few pictures from where i am now, hopefully it will all be plumed in and working correctly come this weekend meaning its time to insure it and get in on track at sneterdon for one of there 2 min sessions to test it and check its ok on track before fcs

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
Looks rubbish...

I'm game for snetterton. We can get Bates on track as well. Let us know dates! I presume you mean 2 hour not 2 minute?
Thanks given by:
Elastic bands ftw
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(28-03-2016, 08:16 PM)Eeyore Wrote: Looks rubbish...

I'm game for snetterton. We can get Bates on track as well. Let us know dates! I presume you mean 2 hour not 2 minute?
just the 20 min sessions one evening as dont have a lot of time avaliable or money
(28-03-2016, 08:30 PM)Piggy Wrote: Elastic bands ftw

they are CABLE TIES. however they will be replaced with elastic bands of sort of. On the new fiestas they hold the air filter in with them. planning on ordering a couple of them.
Thanks given by:
Good progress here, getting close now! Might want to reconsider the airbox elastic band idea - they're ok for securing small parts in place, but that radiator will be way too weighty for them, especially when you consider how it'll stretch them when you accelerate.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Yeah make some brackets for goodness sake
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Hmm ill have a look into it. Want to get the car done first then i can make extra brackets if need be
Thanks given by:
So this is now insured and SHOULD be rolling out the workshop tomorrow for ts first drive. Hopefully
Thanks given by:
So as far as i got was driving it out the workshop to turn it round to remove the axle. Then all the brake pipes broke. So its not ready et
Thanks given by:
(03-04-2016, 05:40 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: So as far as i got was driving it out the workshop to turn it round to remove the axle. Then all the brake pipes broke. So its not ready et

But you still drove it out of the workshop today!
Thanks given by:
(03-04-2016, 05:40 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: So as far as i got was driving it out the workshop to turn it round to remove the axle. Then all the brake pipes broke. So its not ready et

Just the connections, or all the pipes themselves? Better that they brake when you work on em, than on the road at least.
Thanks given by:
Well it drive out to turn it around. The connection were all siezed to pipes and wouldnt come undone so cut them replaced the axle now just got to make new pipes
Thanks given by:
(03-04-2016, 05:40 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: Then all the brake pipes broke.

Bash is a mechanic chaps, i've been working with some a while now and think i "get" their lingo, let's see if i can dig out a direct translation....

Here we go:
Mechanic: "It just broke"
English: "I f*cked it, hammer was probably too big"
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(04-04-2016, 06:11 AM)Poodle Wrote:
(03-04-2016, 05:40 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: Then all the brake pipes broke.

Bash is a mechanic chaps, i've been working with some a while now and think i "get" their lingo, let's see if i can dig out a direct translation....

Here we go:
Mechanic: "It just broke"
English: "I f*cked it, hammer was probably too big"

Well almost. Brake unions on both sides were seized to the flexi hoses. So much so i cut the flexi hoses put a 6 sided socket on it to hold in place and thy still wouldnt move. Got annoyed. Cut them.

Then the ones on the calliper from the flexi hose were seized on the pipes themselves so just twisted the pipes.

This whole build has been "lets not hit it with a hammer lets do it properly" didnt even mod the bulkhead. Probaby why its take so long really lol
Thanks given by:
So it's all done properly.... Not with cable tied radiators or mismatched grilles? Wink

You've got exactly the same problem with brake pipe unions that Tom and I had with the rallye.
Thanks given by:
(04-04-2016, 08:09 PM)Eeyore Wrote: So it's all done properly.... Not with cable tied radiators or mismatched grilles? Wink

You've got exactly the same problem with brake pipe unions that Tom and I had with the rallye.

youre making this sound like a bad build.....................
the rad "mounts" are temporary solution till i can get it to work and fabricate something. 
and the blur grill is because whichever dingbat had this before me he broke it among other things. 
on the bright side though means i can drill some vent holes in the grill and then get it sprayed so it looks neat. 

Those brake pipes were a bugger mind. im bringing all the stuff back from work tomorrow to get them to go on. Then a few little jobs tomorrow night and she might be on the road. ive said ill do joes cambelt on thursday night for him so i can only do little bits to mine that night.
Thanks given by:
Haha dead right too, sod wasting time trying to free them off when it'll take just as long to make new ones. Plus it's a fun project, being able to make decisions based on what you want to do rather than time restraints is half the point.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Lets be honest...if you're doing a full rebuild on a 15year old car...brake pipes should be on the list anyway
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
First start into the world!

http://vid1184.photobucket.com/albums/z3...cisrtk.mp4
Thanks given by:
Are the bonnet struts your own making, or did the newer 306's come with em?
Thanks given by: