Project faith. 2.1 8v HAS TO GO :(

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Project faith. 2.1 8v HAS TO GO :(
Have you tried to play it like a harp yet?
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
(16-03-2016, 06:31 PM)Danny Wideboy Wrote: Have you tried to play it like a harp yet?

I shit you not that was literally the first thing i did. My boss thought i was on drugs
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Rofl Rofl Rofl
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
    turbo fitting commencing. Raer mounted not box mounted this time
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
all of the updates! keep them coming! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Looking good!
Still Living For The 306  Rofl

306 Ph1 Dturbo Estate
205 1.9 GTI (Rust.In.Pieces)
306 HDI Stage 3 Estate (Rust.In.Pieces)
Thanks given by:
Sorry if you have already put about it but the 1.9 head go straight on the 2.1 block then?
Thanks given by:
(17-03-2016, 01:39 PM)Frosty Wrote: Sorry if you have already put about it but the 1.9 head go straight on the 2.1 block then?
think he said it just needs the aux setup changing to 2.0 hdi one or something like that ?
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Erm probably. I hope so. Ill tell you after tonight as the engines being built tonight. I know there will be a few "adjustments" needed but we will see
Thanks given by:
Engines timed up with the 8v head. Have to "modify" the water pump but thats about it. Got the arps in with a mls headgasket. Timed up with a 141 tooth hdi cambelt and xud9 tensioners and engine mount. Heres some pics. Bitches love pics        
Thanks given by:
Yay! Well done pal
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(18-03-2016, 06:43 AM)Piggy Wrote: Yay! Well done pal

Cheers dude, super happy that im actually building things now rather than stripping them. Makes a world of difference to my moral
Thanks given by:
Aye....

I'm still stripping stuff for new projects. I'm getting itchy
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
This is great progress, excellent project.

Nice to see someone doing this, should be a good build Smile
Thanks given by:
Good stuff mate, nice to see someone doing something different like this
Thanks given by:
so.... this looks like an engine to me but all the diesel fan bois are loving it... so.... well done! x
Thanks given by:
So i mounted my turbo on the manifold at work with no idea if it was gonna fit down the back of this. It just fits! I had to cut a bit off the top of the water housing. I have two. Have chemical metalled the hole for now, the other will get tig welded when i get chance. Wouldve been rude not to stop of at the workshop for 10 mins to see if it fitted though.        

Thanks for all the good comments guys Smile hopefully we can push a bot harder and get a first start video on thursday evening.
Thanks given by:
Keep pushin' fella
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Today i spent a bit of time down the workshop. Fitted the turbo and clocked it to fit a bit better. Will attempt to make the actuator fit when engines in for its teat fit. Times it up with a nice new cambelt. Fitted a new valeo clutch. Fitted injector lines that i had to bend 2 as the 2.1 fill up is slightly different to the 1.9. Not a lot of progress today would've liked the engine in really but hey ho. Ill be up there again Tuesday night i think.
Thanks given by:
Keep it up, not long now until the boosty wooshey noises.
Thanks given by:
keep going! Big Grin
Thanks given by:

Another push tonight. Ready to drop on its mounts and test fire thursday night. Pick my oil feed up tomorrow as well.
Thanks given by:
that certainly does look like an engine.
Thanks given by:
8v head makes me not give a f*ck about it.

Should of made a 16v head work with M-TDi on the XUD 11 bottom end or done a 2.2 M-TDi.
Thanks given by:
(22-03-2016, 09:49 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: 8v head makes me not give a f*ck about it.

Should of made a 16v head work with M-TDi on the XUD 11 bottom end or done a 2.2 M-TDi.

Each to there own man. I have my reasons. Mainly parts hunting ones. Ill have another mtdi build coming at some point. Hopefully in a 205 gti or something similar.
Thanks given by:
Some people like giving up on projects and flooding rare 306s...
Some like to build a different engine.

Each to their own. I know which I am....do you dumdum?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Fair dedication here.

Interested to hear what it drives and feel like.

Good luck
Thanks given by:
Is it in yet?
Thanks given by:
(23-03-2016, 10:03 AM)zx_volcane Wrote: Is it in yet?

Thats what she said....

And no. I pick up my oil line today and then thursday night. Plan to get her in and test start then tack ip exhaust, actuator brackets and adjust things where need be. Remove tidy up and weld/make whatever is needed.
Then back in to check its ok and hopefully start putting it back together at some point
Thanks given by:
So its running!! Toms306 has the first start video on his phone his going to email it to me to put up. Just got to line the exhaust up tack it into place remove engine. Line up actuator. Put engine back in and build up!! All of the BOOST. Hopefully two weeks from now itll be on the road!!
Thanks given by: