306 1.6 Tu5 2nd gear into third rolling start at 10mph

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
306 1.6 Tu5 2nd gear into third rolling start at 10mph
Had one? How was it?
More fun than most modern cars or a big let down prompting an itch for a 6?? Or derv?
Thanks given by:
I'd imagine a big letdown leading to an itch for learning on how to use your gearbox properly.
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
Sorry what? These hit nearly 60 in second, why? lol
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(14-01-2016, 06:45 AM)Rippthrough Wrote: I'd imagine a big letdown leading to an itch for learning on how to rebuild your gearbox properly.

EFA.

lol
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
All of the drugs..
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Nah boys just had a bit of fun with a 58 plate s3 and couldn't stop laughing at the boy got raging in my mirror! As Matt said above these little things fly in the range mentioned and if you haven't had one then you don't know what I'm talking about!
As the OP says have you had one? How was it?
And no Johnny no drugs involved!
And rippthrough if it wasn't meant to be used they would have left 2nd gear in the factory lol
Thanks given by:
TU boxes are shite, can't even handle the power of a 1.4... lol

Thrashing a 1.8 through the 'box is a laugh though, plus they literally never break either. Big Grin GTi6s are quick and sound nice but get boring on the road as you're doing illegal speeds before you know it. Sad

If an S3 couldn't keep up with a 90bhp 306 the driver was terrible. Tongue
Thanks given by:
(14-01-2016, 11:26 AM)Toms306 Wrote: TU boxes are shite, can't even handle the power of a 1.4... lol

Thrashing a 1.8 through the 'box is a laugh though, plus they literally never break either. Big Grin GTi6s are quick and sound nice but get boring on the road as you're doing illegal speeds before you know it. Sad

If an S3 couldn't keep up with a 90bhp 306 the driver was terrible. Tongue
Yeah I'm guessing he grabbed a wrong gear too but funny as hell from where I was sitting!
Thanks given by:
Lol lol
Thanks given by:
I am all kinds of confused here
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I don't think he was "racing" you bruh.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Had the dude behind me for a mile round a few roads and coming to a overtake lane and I moved left and slowed to 10-15 for him to pass with no intention of racing, he slowed to the same forcing me back out so I pinned it and so did he, 4 or 500 yards later both lanes merge and I'm still there just in front of him and yes he was pinning it too, his lane dissapeared and he backed off, got through the round about and he ragged it by me on the wrong side of the road with finger held aloft so yes he was up for it!
It was a bit of fun and made me laugh but it really is surprising to some people in fancy new cars when they get shat on by a 20 year old French hatch!
I reckon you've all been there no?
Thanks given by:
(14-01-2016, 12:10 PM)Redordead89 Wrote: I reckon you've all been there no?

No... Sad

I'm usually the impatient c*nt trying to get past than the one in front. lol

Not always though, sometimes I'm doing XXmph in the fast lane past the peasants when something nice comes up behind, I pull over and they shoot past as if I'm in reverse, was a new SLK yesterday lol, couldn't believe the way it picked up considering the speed I was already doing. Confused
Thanks given by:
This is why I like my HDI.. Had an S5 alongside me at the lights the other day. He won obviously, but I reckon we were doing 40 before he got his act together. The confusion and disbelief on the driver's face was hilarious!
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
(14-01-2016, 12:10 PM)Redordead89 Wrote: Had the dude behind me for a mile round a few roads and coming to a overtake lane and I moved left and slowed to 10-15 for him to pass with no intention of racing, he slowed to the same forcing me back out so I pinned it and so did he, 4 or 500 yards later both lanes merge and I'm still there just in front of him and yes he was pinning it too, his lane dissapeared and he backed off, got through the round about and he ragged it by me on the wrong side of the road with finger held aloft so yes he was up for it!
It was a bit of fun and made me laugh but it really is surprising to some people in fancy new cars when they get shat on by a 20 year old French hatch!
I reckon you've all been there no?

I would never condone any form of racing / reckless driving on public roads!  TMI  Rofl
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
You misunderstand me.

You should have been in 1st.
Custom roll cages/shiny suspension bits/general fabrication work undertaken, PM me.
Top engine mount repair/reinforcement/chocking for cracked chassis and high powered cars, drive in, drive out, 2 hour turnaround.
Thanks given by:
(15-01-2016, 12:27 AM)Rippthrough Wrote: You misunderstand me.

You should have been in 1st.

I was in 1st (place) lol
Nah but seriously I was coming down the box coming to a set of lights and they went green as I moved over to let him by so hadn't came to a stop, I hung back a few seconds and he did the same so I didn't have too many options other than go for it or stop at a green light!
Thanks given by:
(14-01-2016, 11:53 AM)silverzx Wrote: I don't think he was "racing" you bruh.

Yeah I concur.

That or it was a badged S3... But actually a crappy 1.6 audi A3... Which are dog slow
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
old S3's aren't that quick anyway though, but will still rip a 90 bhp TU a new one, just as the MA box shits itself from being grannyshifted.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
Booo hisssss I only asked a question lads,
If it was such a bad engine/ box combo don't you think the psa group might have given it a bye?
I've owned a few 1.6 tu's and only in 5 dr 306's until I bought my xsS and obviously it's more lively in a smaller shell like a 205 but as you all are members on here I'm pretty sure you realise the potential in a 3dr 306 and I've had a shed load of fun in my little green pug and as my 16th 306 I have to say its been a pleasure to own and drive! Long live my and any other 306 be it a daily workhorse or a weekend rip mobile! :-)
P.s. love my 1.6 TU btw FYI IMHO lol
Thanks given by:
My 1.4 raised more than a few eyebrows from the pisstakers a couple of times as I remember. Including a Rallye and a '6 at one point..... Rofl

If you enjoy it, f*ck the rest of 'em.
Thanks given by: