Rear beam mounts - GSF?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rear beam mounts - GSF?
Swapping my rear beam for a GTI-6 unit at some point soon, might as well go new bushes while I'm there.

GSF beam bushes, does anyone know if they're any good?

LH mount is £25, RH mount is £18, currently.

Quite cheap, so wondering how decent or not they are? They do also offer a premium brand mounts which come in at £37 & £42, so a bit jump in price.

Alternatively, does anyone know the price of mounts from Peugeot?

Before anyone suggests it, I'm ideally steering away from (no pun intended Rofl ) solid mounts. This is purely a road car with all creature comforts. It's never going to see a track, or even be driven that hard on the road.

Any advice welcome! Smile

Thanks.
Thanks given by:
i just bought some febi/bilstein ones from ebay, cheaper than I could find anywhere else

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Febi-Rear-Axle...1451071987
Thanks given by:
Pretty sure the 1s i got on my dt come from GSF. They tend to do 2 different qualities of most parts. I got the better 1s which i think were around the £25 mark and they have been spot on for 3 plus years
Thanks given by:
(08-12-2015, 07:01 PM)zx_volcane Wrote: i just bought some febi/bilstein ones from ebay, cheaper than I could find anywhere else

Are they any good? Any experience with them fitted for a number of months/miles, etc?

(08-12-2015, 07:04 PM)Frosty Wrote: Pretty sure the 1s i got on my dt come from GSF. They tend to do 2 different qualities of most parts. I got the better 1s which i think were around the £25 mark and they have been spot on for 3 plus years
It was actually you in a thread somewhere while Googling around that I saw you run GSF mounts & decided to investigate further, haha. The more expensive ones are a lot more than £25 each now though! Sad hmm
Thanks given by:
(08-12-2015, 07:09 PM)Dazecoop Wrote:
(08-12-2015, 07:01 PM)zx_volcane Wrote: i just bought some febi/bilstein ones from ebay, cheaper than I could find anywhere else

Are they any good? Any experience with them fitted for a number of months/miles, etc?

(08-12-2015, 07:04 PM)Frosty Wrote: Pretty sure the 1s i got on my dt come from GSF. They tend to do 2 different qualities of most parts. I got the better 1s which i think were around the £25 mark and they have been spot on for 3 plus years
It was actually you in a thread somewhere while Googling around that I saw you run GSF mounts & decided to investigate further, haha. The more expensive ones are a lot more than £25 each now though! Sad hmm

Haha, do you get trade at all? Poss make them a bit cheaper. Can't remember what make mine were. 1s from peugeot are pretty expensive from memory, like £80 mark i think.

I would think the 1s Zx linked wouldn't be a bad shout for the money tbh
Thanks given by:
(08-12-2015, 07:13 PM)Frosty Wrote:
(08-12-2015, 07:09 PM)Dazecoop Wrote:

Haha, do you get trade at all? Poss make them a bit cheaper. Can't remember what make mine were. 1s from peugeot are pretty expensive from memory, like £80 mark i think.

I would think the 1s Zx linked wouldn't be a bad shout for the money tbh
Cool, ok fair! Nah, I personally don't get trade, but I'm sure someone I know could. 

That's also what I'm thinking, my car is far from a track car, just a daily runner which I want a bit lower  Rofl
Thanks given by:
You know where we're at if you want parts on trade.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
id only use febi units thats what i recommend to people having a axle from me. I really wouldnt touch any cheap stuff you get what you pay for. Of course this is easy bit as peugeot decided to put the bolts in round the wrong way making it near impossible on a lowered beam to remove the mounting bolts from the tube. lol
90' 205 gti6 supercharged
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Axle rebuilds please contact me for your needs.

https://www.facebook.com/axlesbystef/
Thanks given by:
[quote='Dazecoop' pid='568870' dateline='1449600807']
Swapping my rear beam for a GTI-6 unit at some point soon, might as well go new bushes while I'm there.

GSF beam bushes, does anyone know if they're any good?

LH mount is £25, RH mount is £18, currently.

Quite cheap, so wondering how decent or not they are? They do also offer a premium brand mounts which come in at £37 & £42, so a bit jump in price.

Alternatively, does anyone know the price of mounts from Peugeot?

Before anyone suggests it, I'm ideally steering away from (no pun intended Rofl ) solid mounts. This is purely a road car with all creature comforts. It's never going to see a track, or even be driven that hard on the road.

Any advice welcome! Smile

Thanks.
Genuine pug 1's are £29.11 each for the smaller rear 1's & £115.73 each for the front 1's so £289.68 all in Speechless
The Lemforder 1's are around £100 for all 4 though
Thanks given by:
Lemforder are definitely worth the extra and usually you can get them for cheaper from ECP with their discount codes
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rear beam ...the good and the bad Mighty306 35 15,305 23-07-2020, 10:13 PM
Last Post: Mighty306
  Rear Beam Pgtips 1 1,389 26-06-2020, 07:19 AM
Last Post: Mighty306
  Rear beam rebuild MOK 21 6,487 18-03-2019, 03:40 PM
Last Post: MOK