Rules on selling a new contract phone?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rules on selling a new contract phone?
Both me and the wife got our upgrade phones yesterday "Xperia Z5 premiums" and they're too big for what we want, I know we could just send them back and get a smaller option but long story involved there!
Upshot of it is my wife hates the size of it and I haven't even opened mine yet cos it is too big!
Can we just sell them locked to our provider or can they fk me for doing so so soon after getting them? Huh
Thanks given by:
I believe that they're all 'free gifts' so you can do what you want with the handset providing you're still paying the monthly premium for the service
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Call your provider and check if they locked the phone, or just your bundle? Is it bundle you call it? Thats what it says on vodafone at least. In Norway we call em subscriptions, even if they are not on timed contracts, just open. If the phone is locked, it will probably be locked you your provider and not your simnumber. So you could at least sell it to someone with the same provider.

We never lock the phones anymore. The customers have to signt a 12month contract for their sub or whatever you call it Tongue But they are free to do whatever with the phone.
Thanks given by:
Phones are never net work locked if on android. Granny smith is a different kettle of fish.
Thanks given by:
Hardly any networks lock phones any more. EE certainly dont.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Our red provider has apparently locked all it's handsets since late 2013! :-(
Thanks given by:
You can mostly root androids and remove any locks. Will void warranty though.
But if you have a friend with another provider, you can test it by putting their simcard in your lady's phone Smile
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rules on JSA? rtha6551 3 1,319 22-10-2015, 03:25 PM
Last Post: silverzx
  CAT D Vehicle rules/paperwork? ginge191 23 5,916 03-05-2015, 04:22 PM
Last Post: procta
  New Rules PartyJas 79 14,996 17-09-2014, 06:27 AM
Last Post: vento85