New family wagon advice.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New family wagon advice.
It's just sold now... Not me lol
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Got to have be someone on here then?
PM's ftmfw
Thanks given by:
I'm only after getting rid of my xantia on new years eve, cracker car to drive all new suspension in it still cant get over the amount of room and comfort in it tbh... Man old boys kept approaching me asking if it was for sale no matter where I went, good for an old yarn with some boys
Thanks given by:
(04-01-2016, 09:49 PM)C2K Wrote: *cough * b6 passat 140 tdi estate *cough *

Wink

Most unreliable shit motor in them - plagued with issues, only motor worse is the 2.0 pd 170.

Broken oil pump chains and drives, cracked cylinder heads leak water down the inlet and hydrolock the engine, Siemens PPD variant has chronic injector problems. 170 has a DPF that invariably goes wrong on top of that all.

Better off with the 1.9 pd (shockingly).
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
1.9PD ftw. Wink As long its had the cams changed and an SMF conversion... lol
Thanks given by:
Lots of cars choice though, I was simply Inferring that it it was me and my 'family' wagon, I'd want something with greater that 0.1 ncap stars given the immense amount of morons about and a propensity to text and drive.

Nothing to do with scene or reliability, simply invoking an alternative thought process! Peace.
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
Gotta say i liked the 1.9PD when i had one. Just a shame it sounded like a John Deere for something that was supposedly a modern engine at the time
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(05-01-2016, 07:00 PM)C2K Wrote: Lots of cars choice though, I was simply Inferring that it it was me and my 'family' wagon, I'd want something with greater that 0.1 ncap stars given the immense amount of morons about and a propensity to text and drive.

Nothing to do with scene or reliability, simply invoking an alternative thought process! Peace.

I understand the thinking behind that which is fine but when I was younger we used to borrow my grandads cars, Morris oxfords, austins Cambridge's etc that didn't even have seat belts. A 405 is practically a Volvo compared to that.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
(05-01-2016, 07:00 PM)C2K Wrote: Lots of cars choice though, I was simply Inferring that it it was me and my 'family' wagon,  I'd want something with greater that 0.1 ncap stars given the immense amount of morons about and a propensity to text and drive.

Nothing to do with scene or reliability, simply invoking an alternative thought process!  Peace.

Thats a very good point. If it is just for carrying the wife and kids then it may be worth going for something undesirable but safe. We all know these older pugs are hardly safe (well, the 306 actually is quite good for its age and class).
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Damn that 405 went cheap
Thanks given by:
Well I say its for the kids. I spose it is if not id be keeping the current estate. I've got a three door shell for a balls out power. Would like to keep something in familiar with though as the daily. Hence the old pugs.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks given by:
How about a 406 then? Very boring car i know but fairly safe for that age and class and dirt cheap to pick up
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
306 scores better NCAP than a 406!

Audi A4 is also absolutely atrocious pre 2002 iirc.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Thanks given by:
(05-01-2016, 07:14 PM)Niall Wrote: How about a 406 then? Very boring car i know but fairly safe for that age and class and dirt cheap to pick up

Yeah 406 would be fine. I can bang an xud in one really easily. In fact my spare engine is out of a 406. Would need to find an epic interior for it though. Grey doesn't work for me.
Thanks given by:
Wink Wink

Check out this item I found on eBay: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vie...GB&alt=web

Thanks given by:
(05-01-2016, 10:18 AM)darrenjlobb Wrote:
(04-01-2016, 10:18 PM)RetroPug Wrote:
(04-01-2016, 07:51 PM)Niall Wrote:
(04-01-2016, 06:42 PM)darrenjlobb Wrote: I know of a fully repaired / fully functional XM, but might be a bit pricey....

If this is the one i think it is which has been around a previous member before, its a epic epic car!

Could that have been the one at Pugfest?

Indeed Smile

That was a truly awesome car!
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Also side note. If I wanted a safer car id buy a new Volvo or one like ruans as i do have a soft spot for them. However I don't have the money to spare (tied up in house savings)

(05-01-2016, 07:19 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: Wink Wink

Check out this item I found on eBay: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vie...GB&alt=web

Awesome. Not that far either. May keep an eye on that actually.
Thanks given by:
I vote 405 estate, and a project thread on here.
405's are cool.
Thanks given by:
(05-01-2016, 07:17 PM)Ruan Wrote: 306 scores better NCAP than a 406!

Audi A4 is also absolutely atrocious pre 2002 iirc.

Really? That surprises me!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Yep, you'd be amazed at how good a 306 is for it's time and the type of car.. That's a ph2 that's tested and most of it's issues is down to side impact, which is fixed on the ph3 with side impact airbags.
Thanks given by:
806 Rolland Garos xud9
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(05-01-2016, 07:19 PM)bashbarnard Wrote: Also side note. If I wanted a safer car id buy a new Volvo or one like ruans as i do have a soft spot for them. However I don't have the money to spare (tied up in house savings)

(05-01-2016, 07:19 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: Wink Wink

Awesome. Not that far either. May keep an eye on that actually.

That estate would be such a cool barge.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Spoke to my boss about that who was citroen trained hen these came out, he said stay away as the pump is buzzing which essentially means its f*cked and they are expensive to repair. and hard to get hold of parts i daresay. and i hate that boat suspension they have.
Thanks given by:
I pass a cool barge looking Citroen CX estate in the car park of a garage near me every day.. It's not moved for a while.. May be up for grabs? I can get the number if needs be?

Also a super cool Renault 5 GTT parked next to it.
Thanks given by:
Hmmm. Id love one of those. But not as a daily, I think ill pass.
Thanks given by:
405 estate

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/191773198257?_mwBanner=1

Thanks given by:
406. Honestly, they are brilliant. I'm bored of mine but I can't get anything else because nothing else does everything so well for £250!
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
I think sensibly the 406 is the best call. Much more modern (especially if you use the very last 03 etc cars) with every you'd ever want, full leather, air con, etc. And they are plentiful is travelling to collect is an issue.

That said itd be the 405 for me every single time. I just love 'em. Find a high spec dturbo estate and you're well away. I saw one go on eBay a while back absolute mint, working a/c, 1.9 turbo diesel, estate with only 80k miles for £800!!! It was green but who gives a shit!
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spotify Family Eeyore 8 2,400 04-10-2016, 04:52 PM
Last Post: ginge191
  Need a PROPER family car haha Sian 48 13,888 26-08-2016, 05:03 AM
Last Post: Piggy
  Family Easter 306pc 3 1,313 07-04-2015, 03:25 AM
Last Post: Iceman299