Modified Pump-Test Time

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Modified Pump-Test Time
Hey,

Just wondering can you get your car through the test with pump work.

E.g. LDA Grind, Gov. Mod, 

Im sure most people turn down there pump settings, Stick in the stop screw, but can you get away with out having to undo internal pump mods?
Project 205 D turbo- Reshell : http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=28909
Thanks given by:
In the UK its no problem as in Northern Ireland. In the south for the NCT it is more tricky. They check to make sure the cars redline is within 500 rpm of the factory specifications to avoid people slackening the cable etc. With some careful setup you will get through but its far more difficult than in the UK.
Thanks given by:
(03-01-2016, 04:41 PM)HDi--Power Wrote: In the UK its no problem as in Northern Ireland. In the south for the NCT it is more tricky. They check to make sure the cars redline is within 500 rpm of the factory specifications to avoid people slackening the cable etc. With some careful setup you will get through but its far more difficult than in the UK.

Wow, that's just asking for engine damage... My local garage refuse to do any rev tests because of the risk of snapping cambelts etc (not to mention damge from over-revving if there is no governer!) for which they'd be held liable by the owner of the vehicle.
Current Car: Lexus CT200h 1.8 138, 2013, 19,500 miles
Previous Car: VW Passat 2.0 TDi 140, 2005, 136,000 miles
Previous Car: Peugeot 306 XLdt (stock!), 150,000 miles (I miss this car Sad)
Thanks given by:
(04-01-2016, 12:10 PM)andywhy Wrote:
(03-01-2016, 04:41 PM)HDi--Power Wrote: In the UK its no problem as in Northern Ireland. In the south for the NCT it is more tricky. They check to make sure the cars redline is within 500 rpm of the factory specifications to avoid people slackening the cable etc. With some careful setup you will get through but its far more difficult than in the UK.

Wow, that's just asking for engine damage... My local garage refuse to do any rev tests because of the risk of snapping cambelts etc (not to mention damge from over-revving if there is no governer!) for which they'd be held liable by the owner of the vehicle.

They cant refuse to do any rev tests. If they are an mot testing station they must by law do an emissions test. And if they are concerned about cambelts snapping the can refuse to test the vehicle resulting in no mot for the customer.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
They must get around it somehow then as they do give valid MOT's...
Current Car: Lexus CT200h 1.8 138, 2013, 19,500 miles
Previous Car: VW Passat 2.0 TDi 140, 2005, 136,000 miles
Previous Car: Peugeot 306 XLdt (stock!), 150,000 miles (I miss this car Sad)
Thanks given by:
Probably chuck another car on the emissions tester like they do for petrol decats... Smoke test at fast idle isn't all that high though, about 3k iirc. Redline seems a bit excessive as most diesels smoke up there...
Thanks given by:
Well that answers that, I'll be waiting until after the test..haha
Project 205 D turbo- Reshell : http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=28909
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Have to prime pump every time.... hennus 8 2,234 21-02-2016, 09:45 AM
Last Post: Dum-Dum