Finally got it plugged in

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finally got it plugged in
Everyone except welshpug...he 'corrects' it every time it comes up... Rolleyes
Thanks given by:
Yeah it does come up, iirc there's 2 types of BSI, the above mentioned one being the 'better'. But yeah everyone even auto electricians and ProSteve even know it as a BSI. It's debates like that, which cause confusion for people!
Thanks given by:
good news...so its staying in your possession?
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Certainly is, I was going to fix it and sell it but I'm thinking twice now it's running.
Thanks given by:
(03-03-2016, 09:04 AM)aaron_one Wrote: Yeah it does come up, iirc there's 2 types of BSI, the above mentioned one being the 'better'. But yeah everyone even auto electricians and ProSteve even know it as a BSI. It's debates like that, which cause confusion for people!

I might start kicking off every time somebody calls a Rzeppa joint a cv joint because it's not the precisely correct technical term. Or i could continue having a life, hmmm.... Wink
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Or a lamp, a bulb?

lol
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(03-03-2016, 07:42 PM)Piggy Wrote: Or a lamp, a bulb?

lol

Let's not start that one... lmao
Thanks given by:
(03-03-2016, 07:16 PM)Poodle Wrote:
(03-03-2016, 09:04 AM)aaron_one Wrote: Yeah it does come up, iirc there's 2 types of BSI, the above mentioned one being the 'better'. But yeah everyone even auto electricians and ProSteve even know it as a BSI. It's debates like that, which cause confusion for people!

I might start kicking off every time somebody calls a Rzeppa joint a cv joint because it's not the precisely correct technical term. Or i could continue having a life, hmmm.... Wink

Piggy? is that you? oh wait. you actually know what you're talking about in the first place!
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
You say that, Ruan rightly pointed out earlier that 306s don't use Rzeppa joints. Rofl
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Surely, in the interest of being anal, an rzeppa is still a TYPE of constant velocity joint...
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
They are constant velocity joints...as said, rzeppa is just a type of one.
But... I did always think that rzeppa design cv's were used? At least the outer two?
I mean they aint bendix-weiss are they?!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
No, they are the ball and grove type, but a slimmed down version.. in principle still rzeppa but with 3 balls instead of 6. Cheap bastards
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
I thought they were 6 balls?! Lol
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I pulled my nackered one apart.. the same as the Rzeppa in principle but with half the bearings, so it still works but not quite as smooth and weaker.. not a huge issue on that though as the breaking point will unlikely to be found on most cars and this certainly wouldn't be the weakest point of the drivetrain by a long shot.
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Forgot about this one, glad you got it running. Texton box on the 306s, BSI on everything else. It's the same thing, just the box which links the immobiliser to the engine ECU.

Glad you got it running, and good to see I was right on the BSI front too Wink
HDI Tuning Ltd
www.hdi-tuning.co.uk
Thanks given by:
is there a guide or instructions for pp on here anywheres, its loaded on the laptop and seems to work, but before i connect it to the car, i would like some instructions. or do i follow the on screen prompts??

also where is the build code on the car? 306 2l hdi ph3 estate 1999
Thanks given by:
PP2000 Guide

There you go

Behind the passenger side strut top I believe for the build code.
Thanks given by: pug306driver
thank you thank you thank you!!
Thanks given by:
     would this be the build code sticker, on the drivers door frame by the door catch??
Thanks given by:
That's the sticker, 8207 is your build code.
Thanks given by: pug306driver
thanks all, will be having fun this weekend after playing with pp first. I have a feeling there may be more questions, but that's for later.
Thanks given by:
(05-03-2016, 07:50 PM)toseland Wrote: No, they are the ball and grove type, but a slimmed down version.. in principle still rzeppa but with 3 balls instead of 6. Cheap bastards

sounds like a base model el cheapo shaft, anything decent will have a full 6 ball outer CV and a sliding tripod inner
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by: