fuse not fitting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fuse not fitting
hi i was hoping someone might be able to help me out. i bought a 1997 306 the other day and i was told that the central locking didnt work they said it might be the fuse but they didnt get round to sorting it and i have just been outside to have a look at the fuse and there wasnt a fuse in the slot for the central locking so i tried to put the correct amp fuse in there and it wont slot in. its just loose as if it isnt a live slot or something but it must be if its the central locking one im guessing. could anyone help me out with any suggestions?

Cheers.
Thanks given by:
Hi Yidz, which model / spec level is your car?
There are different fuse boards used across the phases / years so might be trying the wrong slot!
Perhaps it's a relay that runs it or if you have buttons on your key first job is replace the battery in the key and point it to the interior light area and press the button see if it works!
Thanks given by:
(01-01-2016, 10:06 PM)yidz1990 Wrote: hi i was hoping someone might be able to help me out. i bought a 1997 306 the other day and i was told that the central locking didnt work they said it might be the fuse but they didnt get round to sorting it and i have just been outside to have a look at the fuse and there wasnt a fuse in the slot for the central locking so i tried to put the correct amp fuse in there and it wont slot in. its just loose as if it isnt a live slot or something but it must be if its the central locking one im guessing. could anyone help me out with any suggestions?

Cheers.
Hi cheers for the responce. It's a 1997 306 Miami. I found out which slot it is in the owners manual which in this case said it was slot 17. but it just won't stay in the slot. It doesnt have remote central locking. But should have central locking
Thanks given by:
Nah Miami's don't have central locking! I had one as a first car. The only electric item in the car is the sunroof...
Thanks given by: