Resolutions for 2016

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Resolutions for 2016
So guys and girls what is your resolution for 2016 and were you successful in your 2015 resolution?

In 2016, as always I shall resolve to be more awesome.

I feel last year was a success in the be more awesome front. I joined a running club, drunk a load of beer, took a rallye on track where it belonged and drove like an utter hooligan, passed my osprey, got a temporary promotion, passed my CBT, got a motorbike, got whiplash offroading, passed my Taser, poled a couple of birds, became a run director, "gave up" fizzy drinks and by and large did exactly what I f*cking wanted all the time.
Thanks given by:
I don't tend to make resolutions tbh, but I will be making a concerted effort this year to get out more often with my camera and take lots of photo's!

Other than that.....it's business as usual. Big Grin
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Buy 305, put diesel engine in, boost said diesel engine, arrive at fcs in a cloud of tyre smoke.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Not to put a downer on that but it will be only from one wheel lol
90' 205 gti6 supercharged
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Axle rebuilds please contact me for your needs.

https://www.facebook.com/axlesbystef/
Thanks given by:
Giving up fizzy drinks is a good one!
I'm going to try, but an ice cold coke ahhhhhh it hits the spot sometimes!
That and I hate meal deals where the only non fizzy option is water, it comes out of the sky ffs, it's not a premium product!
Thanks given by:
(31-12-2015, 09:41 PM)Stef205 Wrote: Not to put a downer on that but it will be only from one wheel lol
Well maybe 2017s resolution will be a diff. Lol
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Nothing major really as its all a farce, no one ever sticks to anything.

Try and do well at the new job, try and lose the Flux gut I gained working in an office, cut down on fizzy drinks would be wise really.
Thanks given by:
Move closer to family, sell Pajero, buy Saab again. Probably not in that order.
Thanks given by:
Get my new business going, hopefully earn enough to finally get the rallye finished and get the gti6 throttle bodied
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Cut 20 kg from both my self and the car Tongue
Thanks given by:
blah..blah health and cars.... NOPE!

Mine is
To teach this old dog new tricks in whatever i do

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
Mines quite simple. To make sure i do what makes me happy and not let anyone stand in the way of that.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Get the car sprayed up fit the cams do some trackdays

Hopefully quit my second job now I'm not in debt.
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Carry on sorting my shit out.

Feel I achieved a lot last year. Well half the year anyway. I've got a new job which I enjoy, and feel I can go far. I have rebuilt the Rallye and got that on the road. In quite a successful relationship with an awesome family to support.

Just need to sort out a new place to live, which will come very soon Smile
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Last year I achieved a lot... i joined 3 different sailing committees supporting local, national youth and the specific boat i sail. In all three of those spaces we have really moved on and I feel that I do most of the work. I still keep my hand it at the sailing centre. My real work has moved from working at home pretty much full time to being an office with people and im much happier now. Had some success with tinder which is good to know that I can find people if i try hard enough. Decisions wise i believe ive made some pretty decent ones which have made life better. The 1.8 is gone and a proper rallye project is in its place. The saab is the daily and its super comfy and a great car. My current boat is going and Im getting a new one to join a new level of competition which is pretty much the highest you can be in the UK without being in olympic development.

Goals for 2016 include just getting all my toys working and having a good stock of spares so i can fix things quickly. Being more confident with girls and not to be friendzoned as has previously been the case. Being more confident with all aspects of life is pretty standard. Have as much fun as possible.

My actual resolution for 2016... go to the gym and get fit in order to support all of the above.
Thanks given by:
2016 hopefully enjoy myself more then the last 8 years, get out on the bikes more both the mtb and the zzr and get the Dt on the road
Thanks given by:
try and get out on my bike more (eeeeeyowwwwnnnnn)
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
I feel like i pretty much winged most of 2015 and despite owning some awesome cars i have set some goals for 2016...

- Get the rallye back on the road and attend as many shows / events i possibly can with it.
- Stop buying every car i come across lol as fun as it is, its very draining on the budget!
- Try my hardest to move up the ranks at work.
- Be more financially sensible & attempt to keep a healthy bank balance.

All of the above i think are easily achievable with the correct dedication and mindset Smile And i have already made a good start with the rallye and bank balance fronts.
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Im not really 1 to do resolutions but i plan to stop drinking energy drinks as much or altogether ideally which i have pretty much done last part of last year. Also need to really try and start saving some money and stop wasting it. We will see how them 2 go
Thanks given by:
Don't do NY resolutions, I did pack a 20 year smoking habit in 5 months ago though, amongst a dietary change and fitness routine, as a result I now have visible abs and pink lungs, life is good Smile .... Only new thing I'm doing is going dry on the booze all January, no mean feat for a Northern monkey who likes a drink every evening lol......... Good luck to you all with your new years lies sorry resolutions Big Grin
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
It's 2016 and I still have no idea what I'm doing with my life, what I should aim for or even what direction to head in...so that's going well. lol

Somehow last year I managed to move out and survive on my own for 7 months. I suppose that counts as an achievement. Also went to a couple of large car shows which was alright. And got to visit quite a few new places, albeit still fairly local, that I hadn't been before. Unfortunately things didn't go so well towards the end of the year after a 'run' of bad events (excuse the pun) but I've really got to get over that and start getting out more again. I'm now on benefits which I wanted to avoid at all costs but can't be helped, so I guess my major resolution should be to get a proper income during the next year. Smile
Thanks given by:
knock down me old mans three rotten sheds, and build some sort of concrete block workshop. (will be fun as i've never laid bricks or rendered before)

probably look at a career change as the work we have will tail off around summer and I dont want to be stuck doing what I was previously doing for the same company. (serious, might look at some night course/higher aprenticeship)

finally buy a bloody 306(derv).

last time I had the money for a car + insurance, I bought a pd150 leon cupra stage 1'd it changed the clutch and then wish I bought a 306.
Thanks given by:
(02-01-2016, 08:02 PM)Toms306 Wrote: It's 2016 and I still have no idea what I'm doing with my life, what I should aim for or even what direction to head in...so that's going well. lol

Somehow last year I managed to move out and survive on my own for 7 months.  I suppose that counts as an achievement.  Also went to a couple of large car shows which was alright.  And got to visit quite a few new places, albeit still fairly local, that I hadn't been before.  Unfortunately things didn't go so well towards the end of the year after a 'run' of bad events (excuse the pun) but I've really got to get over that and start getting out more again.  I'm now on benefits which I wanted to avoid at all costs but can't be helped, so I guess my major resolution should be to get a proper income during the next year. Smile

and youre helping a friend build a cool rallye.
Thanks given by:
(02-01-2016, 09:31 PM)Eeyore Wrote:
(02-01-2016, 08:02 PM)Toms306 Wrote: It's 2016 and I still have no idea what I'm doing with my life, what I should aim for or even what direction to head in...so that's going well. lol

Somehow last year I managed to move out and survive on my own for 7 months.  I suppose that counts as an achievement.  Also went to a couple of large car shows which was alright.  And got to visit quite a few new places, albeit still fairly local, that I hadn't been before.  Unfortunately things didn't go so well towards the end of the year after a 'run' of bad events (excuse the pun) but I've really got to get over that and start getting out more again.  I'm now on benefits which I wanted to avoid at all costs but can't be helped, so I guess my major resolution should be to get a proper income during the next year. Smile

Of course! Big Grin No doubt I'll end up buying another 306 at some point this year as well, that's more of a given than something new though. lol
Thanks given by:
Goals and resolutions are slightly different. Goals imply an end point, whereas typically a resolution is an ongoing behavioural adjustment.

That said my resolution 2016, building on my healthy eating/almost sugar free diet from 2015 I'm want to increase the volume of protein in my diet whilst maintaining low fat/sats/sugar intake.

Another resolution for 2015 was to "do more", a travelled Europe, got my shotgun license and learned to shoot, acquired a level of passable Spanish, got a 40% tax bracket job (company Audi in bound), got a conservatory, got my mum and dads house sold and them settled much nearer my end of the woods...

So my 2016 resolution is to: do less this year, relax more, play more games, and spend more time with her indoors

My goals for 2016 however are: 

Increase chest size from 38 to 40. (Whilst maintaining my 30" waist)
Get my full bike license
Sort the garage out (currently it's full of 306!)
Go New York (booked in for Easter!)
Sort garden patio and bike shed
Learn passable German
CLUB RALLYE
||AVO Race GTX Coilovers||Signature Blue Steels||P1 VTS Rack||Hybrid ARB||21mm Torsion Bar||rich_w Flywheel||
Thanks given by:
(31-12-2015, 09:02 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: So guys and girls what is your resolution for 2016 and were you successful in your 2015 resolution?

In 2016, as always I shall resolve to be more awesome.

I feel last year was a success in the be more awesome front. I joined a running club, drunk a load of beer, took a rallye on track where it belonged and drove like an utter hooligan, passed my osprey, got a temporary promotion, passed my CBT, got a motorbike, got whiplash offroading, passed my Taser, poled a couple of birds, became a run director, "gave up" fizzy drinks and by and large did exactly what I f*cking wanted all the time.

Didn't take my OSPRE, regretted deserting The Met for the Counties.. pretty much stalled in my career.. didn't get very far with the Rallye and developed Insomnia and Depression..

Ive not made any resolutions for 2016 but it needs to be better than '15 !!!
Thanks given by:
Read more, travel more, chill more, increase wage and decrease time spent f*cking about
Thanks given by:
(02-01-2016, 09:31 PM)Eeyore Wrote:

And saved mine,oil marks still all over the carpark to prove it lol
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Haha, somehow yours is still fine after running on no oil and Rowells is the one knocking! lol
Thanks given by:
I've got a fair few!

- Either move up the ladder at my current work instead of treading water as I've been doing for 5 years, or quit and do something that actually interests me, rather than something boring that I find easy
- Spend more time with friends, family, dickheads off the internet (you lot) and the missus to be
- Finish my house. Done all the big stuff, just easy little things like garden tidying and painting to do. And fixing the light in the porch that broke 8 years ago
- Finally quit smoking. They reek and cost the earth, but that cig with a pint after work, or the cig with a coffee on a morning, or the after-sex cig, they are amazing...
- Get a passport and finally go abroad for the first time in my life!
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Resolutions for 2017 Dum-Dum 12 2,843 05-01-2017, 09:45 PM
Last Post: Orta
  New Years Resolutions for 2015 Dum-Dum 16 3,213 04-01-2015, 07:08 PM
Last Post: Shiny
  New Years Resolutions 2013 Dum-Dum 61 16,959 03-01-2013, 02:48 AM
Last Post: sweeney1987