Bosch problem, no fuel...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bosch problem, no fuel...
Seem to having a bit of a nightmare regarding my pump swap, I am in the later stages of getting the car running, thought while I was changing the timing belt and rollers I would attempt the pump as well... Anyway, got the timing belt on, checked and re-checked the timing with the studs in the locking holes and plenty of blobs of tip-ex to keep count on the teeth between crank, cam pulley and pump... The pump is on the correct set of mounting holes on its bracket, it came with the pump and I removed it from its old home... Before refitting the glow plugs I gave the engine a good few cranks with the starter to try and hopefully build some pressure in the pump, which is where I am now, the engine is now ready to run, I have got good power, 12.5v, going to the stop solenoid, primed the grenade till its hard - although it does seem to loose pressure quite quick -, now, with the unions loose on the injectors and engine cranking, the is no diesel coming out of any injector pipes... I have checked the stop solenoid, put a straight feed from the battery and it does click, could it still be dead? Any ideas, could it be a really bad air lock or have I got a duff pump... I have read on here about priming the grenade while cranking, gonna give that ago tomora, plus advancing the pump alittle...

Also I think I have a ?later? type pump with another solenoid at the front, down the bottom with the steel pipe coming from it, what the hell is it for?? And does this need a power supply as well??
Thanks given by:
Firstly your pump is an earlier one with a cold start advance solenoid on it. Just advances it a bit for cold starting, but you don't need to worry about it.

How long have you tried cranking for, I no mine took a while at first, and I slackened the injector lines off the pump to get fuel there first. The solenoid should be ok if its clicking, although if you were to remove it completely you would see if you had diesel getting that far. Silly question, but have you the fuel lines round the right way, the pipe with the grenade should go to the front of the pump?
Gov modded 11mm Bosch + Standard turbo = 137.2bhp . . . . TD04 now in...time to get playing!
Thanks given by:
Cheers Harky, the fuel line from the filter on the thermostat housing goes round to the back of the pump next to timing belt to the bent fixing that is held on with the 17mm bolt, not to the connection on the boost tower which hopefully is the return with the leak off pipe attached... Correct?
Thanks given by:
For those panicing, stop... The car is now sorted, and running excellent... In the end it came down to a crap source wire for the solenoid...
Thanks given by:
Good to see you got it sorted anyway!
Gov modded 11mm Bosch + Standard turbo = 137.2bhp . . . . TD04 now in...time to get playing!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bosch pump fuel screw broken Forby 0 1,492 12-03-2019, 06:47 PM
Last Post: Forby
  Bosch Fuel Pump governer shaft (spline)please HELP! Dantheman1312 10 2,259 05-07-2016, 07:19 PM
Last Post: Piggy
  recommended BOSCH fuel pump for XUD7TE assembled 24 7,846 24-03-2016, 03:23 PM
Last Post: assembled