Exhaust options

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Exhaust options
I need a new system as my back box fell off and my middle box is rusty

What have people got in regards to noise and cost?

Was thinking this

and then a back box
Quote:(15:06:27) Toms306: Wd40d it and had a good tug, came straight off

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5522]

Thanks given by:
to be fair, i think when it comes to any centre section, scaffolding pipe is going to be as good as anything else.

Thats all bend to shape ready to bolt on. I'd suggest going for it and getting a decat and a standard backbox
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
ginge191 Wrote:to be fair, i think when it comes to any centre section, scaffolding pipe is going to be as good as anything else.

Thats all bend to shape ready to bolt on. I'd suggest going for it and getting a decat and a standard backbox

as in make the pipe myself and bend it to shape? or go for the one i linked to?

Thanks given by:
Ben Jay Wrote:
ginge191 Wrote:to be fair, i think when it comes to any centre section, scaffolding pipe is going to be as good as anything else.

as in make the pipe myself and bend it to shape? or go for the one i linked to?

i think you've found it fairly cheap anyway mate. the effort it would take to weld through a standard box, you'd may as well buy that.
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
60 pound for a piece of pipe? lol If it was me id just get someone to bend you some pipe and get rid of your mid box and back box Smile
Thanks given by:
But you need at least 1 box by law
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I was very lazy and bought one of those pipes, and don't recommend it. The welds were appauling and there was a hole in one before it had had any use. It took me a couple of weeks to get a refund, but on the plus side I'm left with the pipe because the courier never turned up!

It really doesn't make an awful lot of difference removing the centre box, but if you wanted to I'd just cut the box out of a standard pipe and weld in a new bit.
[Image: 20120704_212316.jpg]
Thanks given by:
To be honest i just need it for economy so i might just stick a standard set up on it! I just wanted some opinions on what people have done

Thanks given by:
Get the mid box cut out and weld straight pipe in place.

Cut the backbox off and stick the midbox on the back.

Job done, only thing you have to get is a bit of spare/cut off 2" piping from any old exhaust place then pay for the welding.

Or if you don't mind having no box at the rear then just replace the backbox for straight pipe. However I think its better having a box at the back in case you want to ever change it for aesthetics.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Cut out the cat and weld in bit of pipe... cut out backbox and weld in a bit of pipe... easy peasy Big Grin
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
get a powerflow Stainless Steel 2.5" turbo back exhaust made up, preferably with a 4" outward rolled tip and smallest backbox going with hardly any baffles Big Grin

WIN
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
haha flynns post was deleated...

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Exhaust options for fresh turbo 306Puggy 9 3,578 09-06-2014, 08:02 PM
Last Post: jay5488
  Exhaust options Ben Jay 14 2,718 17-02-2014, 06:40 PM