So. fuel consumption over Xmas??

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So. fuel consumption over Xmas??
Question 
Well, even though I was enjoying the HDi torque's ability to let the Scraper nip away from the lights, junctions etc, in a few places, I never really needed to use more than 2500 anywhere. And mostly drove sub 2000. Damn it's so easy in this car!

My calculated/estimated MPG over Xmas was,

[Image: 55.jpg]

ThumbsUpThumbsUpThumbsUpThumbsUpThumbsUpThumbsUpThumbsUpThumbsUpThumbsUpThumbsUpThumbsUpThumbsUpThumbsUpThumbsUpThumbsUpThumbsUpThumbsUpThumbsUpThumbsUp

I LOVE IT !!!!
WoW! That was cheap!  Inlove
Thanks given by:
i got some epic mpgs as well. 34 in the saab! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(29-12-2015, 03:12 PM)Eeyore Wrote: i got some epic mpgs as well. 34 in the saab! Big Grin

Is that the petrol V6? If so that's good! ThumbsUp  I got a best of 31mpg from my Cavalier V6, and 22 local driving, though it was tuned, a bit.
Thanks given by:
51mpg despite doing two longs trips. Hmmm... Then tbf it was mostly done at 3k rpm on the motorway. Wink
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Estimated? What is that about?
Thanks given by:
(29-12-2015, 03:20 PM)cheapo Wrote:
(29-12-2015, 03:12 PM)Eeyore Wrote: i got some epic mpgs as well. 34 in the saab! Big Grin

Is that the petrol V6? If so that's good! ThumbsUp  I got a best of 31mpg from my Cavalier V6, and 22 local driving, though it was tuned, a bit.

yep it is indeed. That was nottingham to ipswich. Any local driving down country roads and its 28 at best. Tbh despite 34mpg... only 265 miles on a tank.
Thanks given by:
50 or so.. had a bit of a hoon to Cumbria on Xmas eve, made it in 4 hours from Southampton. Then traffic all the way back today :/
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
47 ish for me

Change of injectors half way through the tank of fuel

Hooning it loads with a trip to Wales and back yesterday
Thanks given by:
(29-12-2015, 06:16 PM)tigerstyle Wrote: Estimated? What is that about?

Welllll, it wasn't a totally accurately measured journey. Nospeak  I put in 40 litres before I left Exeter, which had the fuel gauge showing full, though I didn't brim the tank, so I know it wasn't "full". Actually that was before I even got home from Crediton and 2 days before I left for Xmas. I covered 226 miles getting to Hastings and the gauge only showed just below half. I stuck in another 10 litres before leaving to go home and the needle went well over 3/4 tank. Get home and the needle is only a bit below the previous position before I put the 10L in. I was expecting 50mpg easy. But The Scraper has used a lot less fuel that I expected, so I'm saying 55 just to make the car happy.  Wink It was definitely well better than 50mpg, so he's gonna receive lots of TLC from now on.
Thanks given by:
51mpg for me on the stupid 'modern & economical' 1.6 HDi... Dodgy
Thanks given by:
My car doesn't celebrate Christmas, think it's a JoHo.

I've asked it nicely what it's MPG is & it's currently at 47.2mpg as we've been doing short trips visiting family.
Thanks given by:
54.3mpg in the 306 hdi bus over xmas Smile. Its got a 240 mile journey tomorrow morning too
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
(29-12-2015, 07:55 PM)Toms306 Wrote: 51mpg for me on the stupid 'modern & economical' 1.6 HDi... Dodgy

That's surprising.

While I realize that my 'estimated' mpg is just that, I know I was easily covering 50 miles for each 'gallon' during the working week. So the long trip had 50+ as a foregone conclusion.
 One re-map claims a 5mpg increase, plus more power obviously. But my engine is already half way through it's expected life and although it would be more fun, I'd have to have enough money in the bank to immediately buy a replacement, if I was going to tune it.
Thanks given by:
A stage 1 remap won't break the engine! Maybe theclutch though lol.
Thanks given by:
not started my car for 10 days so who wins?

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
Meh 58.2 for me..
Thanks given by:
I regularly get about 48-52mpg per tank brim to brim depending on how I drive. I have noticed it seems to do more MPG since having a downpipe fitted without the cat in haha. Smokes less too.
Thanks given by:
Mine seems to always get between 55-60 depending how I drive now. Used to average 50 on the 2.1 I do a lot of motorway miles though so its an unfair comparision.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Yawn. Got 38 in my T4.

Don't give a flying f*ck in my 306
P1 XSi track car
2.4 LWB T4
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  fuel consumption/mpg pug306driver 4 966 22-08-2014, 06:17 AM
Last Post: Poodle