Fitting a hdi box to a dturbo

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fitting a hdi box to a dturbo
So swapping over gearboxes today what a pain anyway going to build it up tomorrow do I use dturbo clutch or the hdi one?
Thanks given by:
I'd stick with the dturbo clutch setup.

Means swapping the clutch arm over

Means you haven't got to change the clutch cable either
Thanks given by:
Can it be run with hdi clutch if the cable is swapped over?
Thanks given by:
You'll need to swap the flywheel to a hdi fly wheel as it's a bigger diameter) ,source some clutch cover bolts (different size to dturbo) and replace the flywheel bolts with new ones (don't reuse old ones)

Hdi flywheel weighs over 4kg more than a dturbo flywheel
Thanks given by:
also youll loose the rev counter that way as well
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Sucks to have those text's from you today mate, sounds like it wasn't going as planned!

This is interesting to know though, as I'm hoping to do a clutch change & HDI gearbox upgrade on my D Turbo at some point.

Best method then --
HDI gearbox, swap fork over from D Turbo
Use D Turbo flywheel & clutch
Use D Turbo clutch cable
Use all original D Turbo bolts?

Is that all correct?
Thanks given by:
/\ thats what i did also need the clutch cable holder part of the xud box
Thanks given by:
(28-12-2015, 10:27 PM)Dazecoop Wrote: Sucks to have those text's from you today mate, sounds like it wasn't going as planned!

This is interesting to know though, as I'm hoping to do a clutch change & HDI gearbox upgrade on my D Turbo at some point.

Best method then --
Use D Turbo clutch cable

Is that all correct?

Correct, as above, you need the clutch cable holder, but this is already on your DT box.

Also, whilst you're at it, replace the plastic nylon bushes the fork sits in, these wear and make the clutch feel like turd, it's not a bad shout to change the cable (and obvs clutch) whilst you're at it - it'll feel like new after that.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(29-12-2015, 12:45 AM)Ruan Wrote:
(28-12-2015, 10:27 PM)Dazecoop Wrote: Sucks to have those text's from you today mate, sounds like it wasn't going as planned!

Best method then --
Use D Turbo clutch cable

Is that all correct?

Correct, as above, you need the clutch cable holder, but this is already on your DT box.

Also, whilst you're at it, replace the plastic nylon bushes the fork sits in, these wear and make the clutch feel like turd, it's not a bad shout to change the cable (and obvs clutch) whilst  you're at it - it'll feel like new after that.

Cool, cheers. Good to know!
Thanks given by:
New clutch has just arrived time to rebuild hope it all goes well today
Thanks given by:
Omg after all the sore fingers and broken parts I'm finally back together and going good had it out a good blast there and I must say its well worth changing to the hdi box I love it!!!!!
Thanks given by: