Decent Low Budget Smart Phone?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Decent Low Budget Smart Phone?
They just literally cut the sim smaller, I did mine at hone, honestly I'm not even joking Big Grin
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
You can actually cut them down as matt says, but your provider should send you one FOC and then you can have your number swapped over to the new card. Therell be a period during the swap were neither card will work for an hour or so but its very straight forward.

I havent transfered any contacts in the last 7-8yrs. Theyre all saved on my googlemail and automatically transfer when i login on a new phone
Thanks given by:
I don't do gmail on phones, don't want google knowing where I am! ninja

If that's true though I'll just cut this one lol.
Thanks given by:
Any phone repair shop etc should cut it down for you for a quid or so.. Depends if you wanted to wait or not lol
Thanks given by:
just to add all USB chargers are the same(ish)
HTC will charge LG and Samsung will charge Sony etc...
As long as they are decent enough 1AMp chargers etc, don't expect some 5 year old usb charger to be as good as a high current ipad charger.
Thanks given by:
The simcard is just a carrier sort of. So your provider only have to register a new simnumber to your phone number Smile
Thanks given by:
defintiely look into getting an ANKER charger. I found that charging 12kmah battery packs off a standard charger ruins the charger so only charge off decent 2.1A chargers. Also using a decent charger charges way faster.

The same goes for your USB adpater for your cigarette lighter. I had a 500ma one where the sat nav on the phone would drain more power than the charger was putting in so slowly i would head towards empty battery. Definitely want at least 1A if not 2.
Thanks given by:
^ this is good advice.... and yes. With the exception of stupid apple products most smartphones now use a standardised micro usb. So nokia, samsung, blackberry, LG and sony phones all work on the same adaptors.... most are supplied with a 700ma charger but a 2a is well worth it and youll notice the difference in charge times

I dont even want to know what youre up to if youre that concerned about google knowing where you are Dodgy
Thanks given by:
It's not just Google. I never turn on any of the location stuff. I could tell you why but I'd have to kill you... ninja

As for chargers, I literally have no idea what half of that means, but looks like the 4 year old htc adapter won't be up to the job...or the poundland cig lighter charger lol.
Thanks given by:
tom... get the nexus 5 as its a bargain and better than anything else youll get for 150....
then witht he spare money you can get a proper anker charger...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Release-Anker-Po...er+charger

and a big portable charger with the rest of the money.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Compact-20000mAh...er+charger
Thanks given by:
I can't understand why those Nexus 5s are so cheap...and from Hong Kong...in unsealed packaging? Seems dodgy to me tbh! Confused
Thanks given by:
Just think about battery life too Tom.

Are you fussed on it?

My Galaxy S3 thing is on 31% and has been on standby ALL day untouched as I'm on holiday from work. iPhone is on 68% and I've been browsing eBay, Gumtree and IKEA for a few hours today.

iPhone was new in Feb, Samsung was new on 12th Oct.
Thanks given by:
but the battery life really depends on what apps you run and how old the battery is. you need to look pretty much at the capacity of the battery. anything over 2500mah is fairly decent. i think 3100mah is the latest kind of range.
Thanks given by:
(30-12-2015, 05:36 PM)Toms306 Wrote: It's not just Google.  I never turn on any of the location stuff.  I could tell you why but I'd have to kill you... ninja

Your service provider knows where you are anyway, so don't worry about that.
Thanks given by:
(30-12-2015, 06:00 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: Just think about battery life too Tom.

Are you fussed on it?

My Galaxy S3 thing is on 31% and has been on standby ALL day untouched as I'm on holiday from work. iPhone is on 68% and I've been browsing eBay, Gumtree and IKEA for a few hours today.

iPhone was new in Feb, Samsung was new on 12th Oct.

Battery life has always been poor on these new fangled phones. Not like the old 3210! Didn't have to charge that weekly let alone daily! lol I must admit, I never turn it off though, could save half a days battery by doing that overnight I guess! Confused

(30-12-2015, 07:43 PM)tigerstyle Wrote:
(30-12-2015, 05:36 PM)Toms306 Wrote: It's not just Google.  I never turn on any of the location stuff.  I could tell you why but I'd have to kill you... ninja

Your service provider knows where you are anyway, so don't worry about that.

Only when you have a signal...so that's not often with my current provider. Wink
Thanks given by:
you just need your battery to be in to enable your phone to be traced by the feds, switch it off they'll still find you . . .ninja
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
That can't be true. Without a sim/signal how can they track anything?
Thanks given by:
[Image: R4O3xc2.png]
Thanks given by:
(30-12-2015, 08:12 PM)Toms306 Wrote: That can't be true.  Without a sim/signal how can they track anything?

best you don't read up if it don't know and don't want to Big Grin
Thanks given by:
The only way they can track you is through aerial triangulation like sat nav... If you've got no signal, how can they possibly do that?
Thanks given by:
(30-12-2015, 08:56 PM)Toms306 Wrote: The only way they can track you is through aerial triangulation like sat nav...  If you've got no signal, how can they possibly do that?

basically turn it off to be sure. Phones were how most people got caught in hunted.
Thanks given by:
i'll just leave this here Big Grin

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/nsa-track-of...17851.html
Thanks given by:
That is the vaguest article ever... lol But what I said still stands...they're just saying some of the networking may be powered even when switched 'off', but that's irrelevant if you aren't close enough to 3 aerials for triangulation. Wink
Thanks given by:
(30-12-2015, 09:18 PM)Toms306 Wrote: That is the vaguest article ever...  lol  But what I said still stands...they're just saying some of the networking may be powered even when switched 'off', but that's irrelevant if you aren't close enough to 3 aerials for triangulation. Wink

don't forget GPS though mate, basically nothing these days is turned off when you press the power button, that's what i know, what i don't know i don't know lol Smile
Thanks given by:
(30-12-2015, 09:11 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: i'll just leave this here Big Grin

I have 2 theories on this.

Firstly - It's utter bollocks and they can't but use the suspicion of it to wreak havoc with the communications of AQ leaders as if they think they can be tracked with anything then they wont risk it, Osama Bin Laden famously wouldn't carry anything electrical, even a watch as he was so worried about being tracked. That and it would be a great cover for the well paid "grasses" that they undoubtedly have, tell people it was a tracked phone and nobody will suspect the grass as a dead grass is no use to anyone.

Secondly - It's entirely possible. Ping malware to every phone in the country so that when you press the off button it loks off but isn't actually off just appears to be and is in a very low battery stand by mode that can still be tracked.
Thanks given by:
(30-12-2015, 09:30 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote:
(30-12-2015, 09:11 PM)Mattcheese31 Wrote: i'll just leave this here Big Grin

I have 2 theories on this.

Firstly - It's utter bollocks and they can't but use the suspicion of it to wreak havoc with the communications of AQ leaders as if they think they can be tracked with anything then they wont risk it, Osama Bin Laden famously wouldn't carry anything electrical, even a watch as he was so worried about being tracked. That and it would be a great cover for the well paid "grasses" that they undoubtedly have, tell people it was a tracked phone and nobody will suspect the grass as a dead grass is no use to anyone.

Secondly - It's entirely possible. Ping malware to every phone in the country so that when you press the off button it loks off but isn't actually off just appears to be and is in a very low battery stand by mode that can still be tracked.

i kind of agree in a way, my theory is thus, anything is possible, personally i would be very unsurprised if they could, it must be high up the security agenda  . . Smile
Thanks given by:
That's true, I don't turn the GPS or location on even when the phones on though, so doubt that'd be able to switch on when the phones 'off'. Confused

I don't want to carry a phone now haha. Tongue
Thanks given by:
(30-12-2015, 09:35 PM)Toms306 Wrote: That's true, I don't turn the GPS or location on even when the phones on though, so doubt that'd be able to switch on when the phones 'off'. Confused

I don't want to carry a phone now haha. Tongue

i don't know how to say this without sounding a little harsh . . . .

Tom, they don't give a flying fcuk about you, you are safer than the hamster that i don't even own . . .Big Grin x
Thanks given by:
Lol, if only you knew... Wink lol
Thanks given by:
(30-12-2015, 09:38 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Lol, if only you knew... Wink lol

you don't need a phone you need a long range CB . . .Big Grin
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  'smart fone' options Magenta Sunset 21 3,906 01-02-2017, 04:30 AM
Last Post: Dave
  £200 Budget Bucket Seat silverzx 31 14,144 30-07-2015, 12:28 PM
Last Post: Nathan1305
  Smart HDTV Advice silverzx 20 4,105 22-07-2015, 09:30 PM
Last Post: r3k1355