Bristol & Gloucester Meet - Swindon, Sunday the 27th May.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bristol & Gloucester Meet - Swindon, Sunday the 27th May.
depending on when this is, i'd be up for a hoon to swindon, only bout an hour and a half from me.
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
I'm with Connor, we have any number of meets London side, let's go west(ish) for a change.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I could come to my first meet in my banger of a 306 haha! Big Grin Swindon's not too bad. Just go the back of Tesco there's a massive carpark with a side carpark around the back. And yes, Swindon's speed camera's dont work. Smile
Thanks given by:
Who would be up for Swindon then?
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
silverzx Wrote:Who would be up for Swindon then?

Count me in.

... Depending on date.
Captain Standard

Thanks given by:
Guess I could make Swindon, depends on if my car is fixed though :grin:
PH1 FTMFW!
Thanks given by:
How do people feel about the 26th or 27th?
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
possibly. i finish exams on the 24th, so will probably be feeling a bit worse for wear, but depending on how much cash i've got for fuel/food, i'd be up for that
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Alright everyone, only just noticed this site exists and that you are planning a potential meet in Swindon... I definitely live for the 306 just don't really look after it much like myself lol, would be up for this if i'm in town on the night never been to any kind of car gathering!
Thanks given by:
Sounds good Connor.

Get in Ratinprogress, new members are always welcome. You'll find it's not your average car meet either, not full of chavs in tyre-smoking corsas for one thing lol.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Connor Wrote:How do people feel about the 26th or 27th?

Sounds good to me, the sunday is probably the better day for me though.

Hopefully be in another 325tds by then.
Thanks given by:
Sunday over a saturday for me n danny but will need to double check the date to be 100 on if we can go Smile
Thanks given by:
Sunday the 27th swindon then?

Im thinking lydiard park car park?? nice and close to the m4?

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&saf ... a=N&tab=il

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Saturday (26th) better for me as work every Sunday until 2pm. If its after that then obviously no problemo.

Also means the misses could come as she got the Sat off..
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Puglove, you can decide the location as you'll know window better than the rest of us lol
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Sounds good never really fancied that whole plod attracting scene want to keep the license clean you know
Thanks given by:
Lydiard park is a nice place to meet by the way, quite scenic!
Thanks given by:
Ratinprogress Wrote:Lydiard park is a nice place to meet by the way, quite scenic!

Is it easy to find with somewhere to eat, whats it like for speed humps?
Thanks given by:
It's the wrong side of town for general fast food but a pizza hut is near by ish, I think there may be mini speed bumps nothing I noticed, I'm dropped circa 50mm
Thanks given by:
Ratinprogress Wrote:It's the wrong side of town for general fast food but a pizza hut is near by ish, I think there may be mini speed bumps nothing I noticed, I'm dropped circa 50mm

The speed bumps will keep the 'Irish cars' away Smile))

I can't remember the names of all the retail parks as it been a couple of yrs since I was last in Swindon but I'm site there was one on the north side just before the police hq that I mentioned earlier with a few fast food places

5 facts about Swindon:
1. The band Oasis were named after the towns leisure center
2. Home of the 'magic roundabout' - I don't mean the cartoon featuring Zebedee, Florence and Dougal either
3. Birthplace of Diana Dors(50s sex symbol and the nearest thing Britain had to Marilyn Monroe.
4. Birthplace of Billie Piper
5. Birthplace of James Dyson - the vacuum cleaner guy for those who don't know.
6. Most importantly, birthplace of Melinda Messenger

and yes I know that's 6 facts :p
Thanks given by:
I think llydiard park is a good option. Nice and close to the m4. (dum please see link in my last post) there is a macy Ds and pizza hut just in town not really far atall. Could do 4-5 ish sunday afternoon at lydiard then pop to macy ds/pizza hut a couple hours after before we go are seperate ways.

Thanks given by:
I'm with puglove on this one i think Lydiard Park off J16 or maybe Coate water off J15 are the two best places in Swindon that avoid the whole hanging about in a retail park sort of thing plus which ever one is chosen they are both literately only 10 mins drive from a variety of retail parks and fast food places. Coate has a good size speed bump if i remember rightly tho... but on the plus side there is mini golf!!
Thanks given by:
Ummm count out coat then i cant even get over a stone now let alone a speed bump lol

Thanks given by:
Potentially up for this but could be rebuilding my engine so no a definite.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I'll be up for this.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
puglove Wrote:Ummm count out coat then i cant even get over a stone now let alone a speed bump lol

lol that must be fun! don't want to be knocking off that nice splitter of yours!! i though i'd gone low enough when i ripped my mid box off a few years ago but sounds like your scraping the floor bud
Thanks given by:
puglove Wrote:Sunday the 27th swindon then?

Im thinking lydiard park car park?? nice and close to the m4?

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&saf ... a=N&tab=il

Yep, Lydiard would be good. Depending on which entrance you go into. We'd have to go into the front because of the speedbumps but even then there's only a gravely/sand carpark with pot holes in. :L Who's bringing the BBQ then? Haha.
Thanks given by:
Ratinprogress Wrote:
puglove Wrote:Ummm count out coat then i cant even get over a stone now let alone a speed bump lol

lol that must be fun! don't want to be knocking off that nice splitter of yours!! i though i'd gone low enough when i ripped my mid box off a few years ago but sounds like your scraping the floor bud

50 profile tyres now as 55s wouldnt let me turn corners :-) and the6 in my sig is my old one so i havent gt that splitter any more.

Thanks given by:
puglove Wrote:50 profile tyres now as 55s wouldnt let me turn corners :-) and the6 in my sig is my old one so i havent gt that splitter any more.

Fair play your dedicated to LOW, what coilovers you doing that with then? and how do you find the rear? my 16"s tyres are tucked in the arches and scraping at the back to match the front with my meagre drop.
Thanks given by:
Wouldnt say that just find it handles a little better at the height it is. Im running custom made AP coilovers. And they are amazin compared to my last set. Ave a look at my project thread in the projects section if u want a little mre detail. Its undee "pugloves new diablo 6"

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Essex Meet - Wednesday 27th February - The Grange, Boreham (Chelmsford) Silky 0 2,522 29-01-2019, 08:56 AM
Last Post: Silky
  East Coast Meet - Sunday July 24th - 10AM - IP6 8LP Eeyore 36 19,225 23-07-2016, 07:25 PM
Last Post: 7057sam
  Show: PFC EXPO - Sunday 27th September 2015 Eeyore 30 18,511 30-09-2015, 06:22 AM
Last Post: kentiiboii