Ford KA 2012 dash lights?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ford KA 2012 dash lights?
Confused with this one - the Mrs' car has just sprung up some warning lights, well, it's the rear fog and engine management light, but they're really dim. 

Here's some pictures

The first is what you can see when usually driving. and the second is a comparison with the rest of the dash lit up.

any ideas?

[Image: U9rLzAw.jpg]

[Image: ixdhs5z.jpg]
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Have you checked for any fault codes?

No idea why it's dim. Possibly a short somewhere (cluster most likely) illuminating them when they shouldn't be. Could be a pain to trace so hopefully not that.

Also seem to remember reading about old Focus' having an issue where the insides of the cluster come apart so the light from other areas seeps through. I can't imagine they'd still be getting that fault though, would think it's a single block with non-replaceable LEDs by now, maybe try a firm push against the front and see if the light changes at all?
Thanks given by:
New instrument cluster required
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
1. check the correct bulbs are in stop/tail positions, it causes other lamps to illuminate ( single contact bulb shorts out dual contacts in lamp causing backfeed...........

2. check earths, clean up al rear bulb holders

3. report back !!!!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dash lights Dreijers 5 2,273 01-12-2016, 07:57 AM
Last Post: Dreijers
  Dash lights not on?!help!! Matt_adams 1 1,027 18-05-2016, 07:41 AM
Last Post: aggyj17
  Instrument lights, dash lights not working boggs 3 2,458 26-01-2016, 09:34 PM
Last Post: DeeTurbo