How much bumper cutting required for FMIC?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How much bumper cutting required for FMIC?
When you keep your aircon, fitrslimline fans to the front of the condenser like in the image below, and are fitting a fairly standard 65mm thick intercooler, how much plastic from the bumper has to he cut out? Any good pics, lots of people don't include photos of the cutting, too much for the bumper to stay safe/strong?

Photo from (DumDums?) Guide on here.
[Image: FMICMedium01.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I fitted mine with only a bare nick out of the back brace on the bumper but I did have to move the radiator/condenser back toward the engine to achieve this.
Thanks given by:
What's the easiest way to shift the rads back then?

Thinking the left had side (from front) connection is going to be tight where it comes down from the chassis leg?
Thanks given by:
I just made new mounts top and bottom and moved it all back about 3 inches, the connection didn't pose any problems but that said as Rich W found out when designing his supercharger kit not every 306 has the rad etc in the exact same position, there appears to be many variations in the design and placement from car to car
Thanks given by:
No cutting here and you can see how silly mine is in my build thread.. (Signature) if its taller you might have to trim the top bit but mine fitted nicely
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
I cut loads and loads. But still managed to keep the front grill. My intercooler sits quite far forward though as I wanted to fit a bigger rad and oil cooler at some point.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by: