Gear box oil 306 hdi

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gear box oil 306 hdi
The correct gear box oil on the 306 hdi is 75w80 and it takes 2 litres.

So does this have to be fully or semi synthetic or no difference?

Thanks
Thanks given by:
Get it from Peugeot /Citroen, cost me £16 not long ago
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
Yeah go genuine, it has something 'special' in it and does make a difference to cold gear selection and wear.

9730 AG is the latest part number iirc.
Thanks given by:
(20-12-2015, 11:34 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Yeah go genuine, it has something 'special' in it and does make a difference to cold gear selection and wear.

9730 AG is the latest part number iirc.
£8.30 a ltr from the dealers
Thanks given by:
This is one of the jobs I have to do whilst the car is VOR, someone said that the g/box could be filled from above rather than thru the awkward filler/level plug, please could someone clarify, a picture would also help. I will be removing the battery and battery tray so can do brake pipes under battery if needed.
Thanks given by:
(23-12-2015, 10:18 AM)pug306driver Wrote: This is one of the jobs I have to do whilst the car is VOR, someone said that the g/box could be filled from above rather than thru the awkward filler/level plug, please could someone clarify, a picture would also help. I will be removing the battery and battery tray so can do brake pipes under battery if needed.

http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?...oil+filler
Thanks given by:
The "Total BV" gear oil has now changed its name, it is now "Gear8"
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I assume they've got Tony the Tiger advertising it? Itwasntme
Thanks given by:
Wink 
(23-12-2015, 11:30 AM)Toms306 Wrote: I assume they've got Tony the Tiger advertising it? Itwasntme

Yep sugar coated bottles now lol
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the heads up and pic thread, will try and find and fill ( measured quantity ) that way, as no flat level ground to do via level plug.
Thanks given by:
It's technically 1.9 litres, conveniently the OE stuff comes in 2l bottles though so just chuck it all in. Big Grin
Thanks given by: