Help, my car sounds like a Subaru!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help, my car sounds like a Subaru!!
I've got a 1.8 xs and it's on 129000 miles and I just redlined it(stupid I know) and now it sounds like a Subaru and it's driving lumpy, when I put my foot down now it sort of shudders as though it wants to stall, any ideas? Thanks
Thanks given by:
oh dear. sounds like its misfiring? The 1.8 is fairly reliable so interesting its broken it. How many miles has it done?
Thanks given by:
Aah what could be the cause? It's on 129164 miles
Thanks given by:
thats not bad. mine was on 130k and took to being ragged on track and redlined pretty much all the time. I dont think anyone is really going to diagnose it with "sounds like a subaru". Is the exhaust manifold cracked or anything? Is it super noisy or just sounds very kind of bompbompbomp subaru like at normal sound levels?
Thanks given by:
Sounds like a misfire I'm guessing! Coilpack or lost compression on one cylinder would be my guess. Are all your fluids still at the right level?

Oh and just to add to the 1.8 reliability, can't remember what mileages mine were on but they loved to be redlined...everywhere! Much more so than the lazy GTi6 in all honesty lol.
Thanks given by:
I'll have a check tomorrow, thanks for this, I'll reply tomorrow
Thanks given by:
Remove the coilpack and check all spark plug condition.

I guess, your spark plug already gone !
1999 306 GTI-6 PT81 & Remapping
2000 406 SRI 2.0 Turbo 6M/T @ 1 Bar Boosted

[Image: 150521115952.jpg]

Thanks given by:
I have a spare 1.8 engine here if you've broke it lol
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
All levels are fine, I've checked all spark plugs and they look alright but I didn't check for a spark, I only changed them around 10000 miles ago, and here's what it sounds like now

https://vimeo.com/149901076

https://vimeo.com/149901209
Thanks given by:
oh wait. this happened to mine before as a joke at FCS... what happened.... i think jonny unplugged an injector.
Thanks given by:
Oh so would you suggest check them?

Also could an injector get blocked?
Thanks given by:
Check the injector plugs first...isn't that what happened to BenW's Rallye just last week, not as a 'joke'?
Thanks given by:
That's what it was, one of them was loose but hadn't fully come off, I've plugged it in and she's running fine now, thanks for the help
Thanks given by:
Nice easy fix then!

Wonder what makes them come off, don't remember seeing issue on here before and then twice close together!
Thanks given by:
I DID IT! I HELPED SOMEONE FIX THEIR CAR!

i now truly am the most helpful member of 2015!
Thanks given by:
Yeah I know, it is odd though, what happened with mine is I booted it and before it was at 3k it was running lumpy, maybe prolonged vibration and just over time?

(23-12-2015, 07:31 PM)Eeyore Wrote: I DID IT! I HELPED SOMEONE FIX THEIR CAR!

You are indeed thanks a lot man
Thanks given by:

Damn good job I was sat down to read this, or I'd have fallen over! lol
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Flol, redeemed yourself at the very last minute hahahaha
Thanks given by:

yahh you have earned the title
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
(18-12-2015, 07:32 PM)Eeyore Wrote: thats not bad. mine was on 130k and took to being ragged on track and redlined pretty much all the time. I dont think anyone is really going to diagnose it with "sounds like a subaru". Is the exhaust manifold cracked or anything? Is it super noisy or just sounds very kind of bompbompbomp subaru like at normal sound levels?

if its sounding like a subaru its pretty sure the passanger side HG is fooked and cylinder 2 is suffering from chronic piston slap
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
(24-12-2015, 09:58 PM)toseland Wrote:
(18-12-2015, 07:32 PM)Eeyore Wrote: thats not bad. mine was on 130k and took to being ragged on track and redlined pretty much all the time. I dont think anyone is really going to diagnose it with "sounds like a subaru". Is the exhaust manifold cracked or anything? Is it super noisy or just sounds very kind of bompbompbomp subaru like at normal sound levels?

if its sounding like a subaru its pretty sure the passanger side HG is fooked and cylinder 2 is suffering from chronic piston slap

Have you actually read the rest of the thread? Tongue
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  306 Gti6 engine sounds son of a beesting 21 3,162 30-01-2015, 12:59 PM
Last Post: son of a beesting
  Cylinder head rebuilt, but now sounds like a diesel, please help! rj.stead 6 1,700 14-12-2014, 12:17 PM
Last Post: Dum-Dum
  Sounds like a belt or something... HELP! Orta 8 2,460 24-06-2014, 02:26 PM
Last Post: Orta