ABS Removal

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ABS Removal
Looking to remove the abs to make way for a decent location for the air filter. Is it as simple as ripping all the pipes out then making my own lines up? Going from 1 port on the MC to a T-piece for the front the the second MC port to another T-piece for the rear like this picture? I'll just miss out the bias valve as its for the DT 

Thanks given by:
Exactly this did it on my hdi tho ngl was pretty pointless [Image: a45e9d75ab4ea690c3afc2b8525b074f.jpg]
Still Living For The 306  Rofl

306 Ph1 Dturbo Estate
205 1.9 GTI (Rust.In.Pieces)
306 HDI Stage 3 Estate (Rust.In.Pieces)
Thanks given by:
Struggling to find a decent place for the filter so think it would be the best option Smile my abs hardly works anyway haha can lock the wheels up. Where is your PAS bottle too?
Thanks given by:
It's not working at all if you can lock the wheels...someones probably pulled the dash bulb... Tongue

Have you still got drums on the back? Would need a bias valve for discs.
Thanks given by:
(18-12-2015, 12:36 PM)Toms306 Wrote: It's not working at all if you can lock the wheels...someones probably pulled the dash bulb... Tongue

Have you still got drums on the back?  Would need a bias valve for discs.

Have a disk beam with the load compensator
Thanks given by:
Ah ok, load compensator is the bias valve. Smile

Personally I like ABS for emergencies but if you do want to remove it then it is as simple as you've suggested above.
Thanks given by:
be careful as technically it will fail its MOT without the abs as the car was built/sold with ABS

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
(18-12-2015, 01:25 PM)cully Wrote: be careful as technically it will fail its MOT without the abs as the car was built/sold with ABS

Could I not pass it off as a model without abs? Like a lot of xud's
Thanks given by:
id personally run a diagonal split from to rear from the mc
Thanks given by:
(18-12-2015, 03:09 PM)zx_volcane Wrote: id personally run a diagonal split from to rear from the mc

Could you explain a little more please? Smile sorry still learning lots haha
Thanks given by:
(18-12-2015, 04:08 PM)Nathan1305 Wrote:
(18-12-2015, 03:09 PM)zx_volcane Wrote: id personally run a diagonal split from to rear from the mc

Could you explain a little more please? Smile sorry still learning lots haha

Diag split,
basically tee's o/s front to n/s rear & n/s front to o/s rear.
1 cct to each port of the m/c.
It goes, it stops (as reqd). Makeup
Hate Housework!
Thanks given by:
Ah okay what's the advantage of doing that
Thanks given by:
If you get a split brake pipe you can still brake in a straight line in theory.
Thanks given by:
(18-12-2015, 04:55 PM)Toms306 Wrote: If you get a split brake pipe you can still brake in a straight line in theory.

Ah makes sense so will i T off near the bulk head
Thanks given by:
1. i cant see why you would remove a factory-fitted safety feature to fit a "better" air filter ?????? someone has already said its pointless....(filter mounted under bonnet surrounded by warm air)
2. when the car chassis number goes into mot stations computer it will print out that the car has ABS and it needs testing, so car will fail the mot test.
3. why not fit a k&n or a green cotton replacement filter in the original airbox and run a cold air feed pipe to the box ?
Thanks given by:
More control if you have a bias valve to the rear brakes. Unless you can load compensate then diagonal will lock the rears all the time. This time of year on cold tyres mine does it a lot...

No issues at all on mine for the mot

I prefer it without ABS to be honest. Always felt it kicked in too early. Lots of weight out and it's much easier plumbing in a hydraulic handbrake
P1 XSi track car
2.4 LWB T4
Thanks given by: