"Arie pronk" strut brace

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Arie pronk" strut brace
(18-12-2015, 09:05 AM)Eeyore Wrote:
(18-12-2015, 08:46 AM)Jonny81191 Wrote: Whatever. Sounds like you're the one causing the problem here though. Yes, it doesn't fit properly and the seller is at fault but you've clearly just gone ahead and forced it onto the car, causing your own issues.

Unfortunately this mate. You posted that it didnt fit a while ago and continued to run it. Stop being annoyed, send it back, get your money back... done
I drove it home and that was it dude. Im in walking distance from work so was sat up. Just discovered it had decided to shit the fluid

(18-12-2015, 09:05 AM)Eeyore Wrote:
(18-12-2015, 08:46 AM)Jonny81191 Wrote: Whatever. Sounds like you're the one causing the problem here though. Yes, it doesn't fit properly and the seller is at fault but you've clearly just gone ahead and forced it onto the car, causing your own issues.

Unfortunately this mate. You posted that it didnt fit a while ago and continued to run it. Stop being annoyed, send it back, get your money back... done

also looking a thte pictures. hasnt the passener side got a notch cut out for the fluid reservoir? Can you not just take off the centre section and turn it round? youd have to reivet on the letters so they are the right way... but wouldnt that work?
Cant as its notched out for the intercooler pipe Sad
Still Living For The 306  Rofl

306 Ph1 Dturbo Estate
205 1.9 GTI (Rust.In.Pieces)
306 HDI Stage 3 Estate (Rust.In.Pieces)
Thanks given by:
Wow. I can't believe how much of a moronic move that was.
you slag the guy off even though he has offered you a full refund then despite the fact you highlighted that it was pressing on the brake fluid res, you continued to drive it and then try and blame him when you loose all your fluid.
People like you need their licences removing. You've your daughter at risk, other road users and risk and lastly your self.
But that's all The manufacturers fault right?

Tit.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(18-12-2015, 10:18 AM)Niall Wrote: Wow. I can't believe how much of a moronic move that was.
you slag the guy off even though he has offered you a full refund then despite the fact you highlighted that it was pressing on the brake fluid res, you continued to drive it and then try and blame him when you loose all your fluid.
People like you need their licences removing. You've your daughter at risk, other road users and risk and lastly your self.

Tit.
Thanks for the input [THUMBS UP SIGN]

306 Ph1 Dturbo Estate
Thanks given by:
Posting to Europe isn't too bad, especially for something as light as a strut brace, wouldn't think it would cost more than a £15 or so. 
If he's blocked you both on Facebook you can open a dispute on PayPal which usually solves any dispute Aslong as you paid for goods or services. 

I don't see why you even drove with it fitted though if it was so clearly fouling on the trial fit. Not exactly hard to remove a strut brace :p
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
(18-12-2015, 01:34 PM)ozonehostile Wrote: Posting to Europe isn't too bad, especially for something as light as a strut brace, wouldn't think it would cost more than a £15 or so. 
If he's blocked you both on Facebook you can open a dispute on PayPal which usually solves any dispute Aslong as you paid for goods or services. 

I don't see why you even drove with it fitted though if it was so clearly fouling on the trial fit. Not exactly hard to remove a strut brace [emoji14]
Was just too tired and couldnt be arsed after seeing it didnt fit. Cheers for that tho fella. Never chased someone through paypal before so its gonna be a learning curve

Will this deffo be covered by paypal then as its a custom made item. Each strutbrace had custom lettering and colours

[Image: c5e24dfdd14c1236e89ec6040756e5e1.jpg]

306 Ph1 Dturbo Estate
Thanks given by:
(18-12-2015, 10:18 AM)Niall Wrote: Wow. I can't believe how much of a moronic move that was.

Tit.

lose*
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by: Matt-Rallye
Lol worthy thread from start to finish lmao

Its 6x 13mm nuts to fit / remove a strut brace. ANY sort of person with half an ounce of common sense would of trial fitted it, noticed it was shit, taken some pics then removed it & returned it. There simply isn't an excuse to leave that fitted to the car sorry fella.

My guess is maybe your first messages too him were abit shitty? otherwise post the whole conversation?

I'm sure you'll quote this with a little sarcastic 'thanks for the input' as seems to be the trend on this thread when people call a numpty a numpty but please learn from this experience for your daughters sake if you put her in this car.
[Image: 17b33c2a-8471-4313-992e-0a4b324cf926_zps2e63812a.jpg]
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
[THUMBS UP SIGN] getting the result i wanted so ha [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY] nice to see most of the oc members have not changed since my last account on here lmao

306 Ph1 Dturbo Estate
Thanks given by:
Oh there it is. Shock
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
Remove his licence, burn his car with fire and tie him up and beat him for driving a couple of miles home with an ill fitting strut brace.

Really?
                                             [Image: 2ljm03k.jpg]

I Don't Have A 306.
Thanks given by:
(19-12-2015, 09:20 AM)Danny Wideboy Wrote: Remove his licence,  burn his car with fire and tie him up and beat him for driving a couple of miles home with an ill fitting strut brace.

Really?

So you not needing a +1 for the lynching mob then? k cool
Team Cyril
Thanks given by:
I'll be fitting mine this weekend and we'll see what it's like. I've seen pictures of people with std. gti6s having them fit okay so maybe your MC isn't in the same place.

He's already offered to everyone either a return for a refund or a return for modifying it to fit for free. What else do you want? A reach around and a backrub?
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
(19-12-2015, 09:20 AM)Danny Wideboy Wrote: Remove his licence, burn his car with fire and tie him up and beat him for driving a couple of miles home with an ill fitting strut brace.

Really?
30 sec head start please lmao

(19-12-2015, 10:03 AM)RetroPug Wrote: I'll be fitting mine this weekend and we'll see what it's like. I've seen pictures of people with std. gti6s having them fit okay so maybe your MC isn't in the same place.

He's already offered to everyone either a return for a refund or a return for modifying it to fit for free. What else do you want? A reach around and a backrub?
He blocked me dude so cant get in contact with him. Speak to chris lapit and he will tell you what hes like aswell.
(19-12-2015, 10:03 AM)RetroPug Wrote: I'll be fitting mine this weekend and we'll see what it's like. I've seen pictures of people with std. gti6s having them fit okay so maybe your MC isn't in the same place.

306 Ph1 Dturbo Estate
Thanks given by:
(19-12-2015, 09:11 AM)dr_jekyll Wrote: [THUMBS UP SIGN] getting the result i wanted so ha [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY] nice to see most of the oc members have not changed since my last account on here lmao

Or maybe you started this thread with the idea to make the guy look like a fool and give him a bad rep and you expected everyone to back you but what you have in fact done is highlighted that you have no common sense and you don't like the fact that people are telling you this?

(19-12-2015, 09:20 AM)Danny Wideboy Wrote: Remove his licence, burn his car with fire and tie him up and beat him for driving a couple of miles home with an ill fitting strut brace.

Really?

Think you've missed the point Danny. He drove the car knowing it would interfere with the brakes and then is trying to blame Arie for him losing all his brake fluid
Its like me driving my car with no oil in it at all because i decided to drain it out then blaming Peugeot and telling people they build shit engines.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(19-12-2015, 07:43 PM)Niall Wrote:
(19-12-2015, 09:11 AM)dr_jekyll Wrote: [THUMBS UP SIGN] getting the result i wanted so ha [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY] nice to see most of the oc members have not changed since my last account on here lmao

Or maybe you started this thread with the idea to make the guy look like a fool and give him a bad rep and you expected everyone to back you but what you have in fact done is highlighted that you have no common sense and you don't like the fact that people are telling you this?

Really?

Think you've missed the point Danny. He drove the car knowing it would interfere with the brakes and then is trying to blame Arie for him losing all his brake fluid
Its like me driving my car with no oil in it at all because i decided to drain it out then blaming Peugeot and telling people they build shit engines.
Hardly because it wasnt leaking iniyially overwise it would of been asap. Yho you prob wish it im not a complete f*ck tard

306 Ph1 Dturbo Estate
Thanks given by:
But you actually highlighted that it could leak so regardless of if it was or not when you first set off, why would you drive it knowing it could when you could quite easily eliminate that issue?
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:

I've seen the pic of it fitting on a std LHD '6 as well, the res on that pic looks different to any other I've come across on 306s though, they shorter on ph1 '6s maybe?

There's an extra 'lump' that extends past the cap on ph3s, it seems to end at the cap on the pic of the ph1 which is why the brace doesn't hit.
Thanks given by:
(19-12-2015, 07:48 PM)Niall Wrote: But you actually highlighted that it could leak so regardless of if it was or not when you first set off, why would you drive it knowing it could when you could quite easily eliminate that issue?
You could walk out in front of a bus tommorow. Dosnt mean it will happen. So yes i proved my first initiall statement correct. You telling me your full on perfect here? I just see someone nit picking for a little kick [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

(19-12-2015, 07:50 PM)Toms306 Wrote:

I've seen the pic of it fitting on a std LHD '6 as well, the res on that pic looks different to any other I've come across on 306s though, they shorter on ph1 '6s maybe?

There's an extra 'lump' that extends past the cap on ph3s, it seems to end at the cap on the pic of the ph1 which is why the brace doesn't hit.
Hadnt picked up on this, had seen it fitted the phase 1 but didnt look hard enough for the differences as was a little dis-gruntled lol

306 Ph1 Dturbo Estate
Thanks given by:
Meh tbh i think I like others here have proved the point and you just don't like it. I suspect you're probably one of these people that is never wrong and its always somebody else fault which really is a shame as I'm sure Arie is a genuine bloke and you're attempting to make him look like a fool.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(19-12-2015, 07:57 PM)Niall Wrote: Meh tbh i think I like others here have proved the point and you just don't like it. I suspect you're probably one of these people that is never wrong and its always somebody else fault which really is a shame as I'm sure Arie is a genuine bloke and you're attempting to make him look like a fool.
I havnt got a problem at all with excepting other people are right, and in fact some of the advise has helped alot pointing me in the right direction on what to do in this situation as ive never really delt with paypal etc. If that was the case i wouldnt of excepted peoples advice.
On the other hand i think your ego is generating a problem here as you just cant seem to stop throwing you weight around thinking that you continously need to comment to make yourself look big. Your home life got that boring you need to dig at someone across a forum? Poor you.
Seems the pattern fits with you aswell looking at your comments on piggys thread [THUMBS UP SIGN] if im the number one arsehole here you certianly win 2nd place my friend [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

306 Ph1 Dturbo Estate
Thanks given by:
Sorry im late my pop corn machine was delaying my arrival.
Ill just sit here...

(sits down)
90' 205 gti6 supercharged
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Axle rebuilds please contact me for your needs.

https://www.facebook.com/axlesbystef/
Thanks given by:
(19-12-2015, 08:16 PM)Stef205 Wrote: Sorry im late my pop corn machine was delaying my arrival.
Ill just sit here...

(sits down)
[Image: add2d51cc21b42f7db5cc38f8ad6c9ec.jpg]
Sorted the much needed pic for you dude 😛

306 Ph1 Dturbo Estate
Thanks given by:
Phase 2/3 reservoir (lump on front)

[Image: P1010032_zps9074637e.jpg]

Aries brace - flat front res...

[Image: arie%20brace_zpspqwcx7dt.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(19-12-2015, 08:21 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Phase 2/3 reservoir (lump on front)

[Image: P1010032_zps9074637e.jpg]

205 res (possibly same as ph1 306? Definitely the same as the one on the pic, flat front)

[Image: bram_rem_11.jpg]
Good hunting!

Do ypu reckon these bottles aee inter-changable

306 Ph1 Dturbo Estate
Thanks given by:
ive never seen a 205 with that shape bottle
90' 205 gti6 supercharged
05' Evo 9 IX GT

Team eaton.

Axle rebuilds please contact me for your needs.

https://www.facebook.com/axlesbystef/
Thanks given by:
Maybe it's not a 205 one (first pic on google linked to 205 site!). Have now put a better pic up anyway. Smile

I'm not sure if they can be swapped over, the extra lump must be for extra capacity but I don't know why or if it is necessary.
Thanks given by:
(19-12-2015, 08:27 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Maybe it's not a 205 one (first pic on google linked to 205 site!). Have now put a better pic up anyway. Smile

I'm not sure if they can be swapped over, the extra lump must be for extra capacity but I don't know why or if it is necessary.
Got a local scrapyard im sure i could find one in. Dont want to change it if its gonna cause problems.

Do you think it might hold the same volume but just be a diff shape?

306 Ph1 Dturbo Estate
Thanks given by:
VW Transporter T4 25.3mm master cylinder ?

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
Just searched on ebay and found this one which is clearly a diff shape[Image: 698b448089f5acd4397501777e11d916.jpg]

306 Ph1 Dturbo Estate
Thanks given by:
(19-12-2015, 08:30 PM)dr_jekyll Wrote:
(19-12-2015, 08:27 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Maybe it's not a 205 one (first pic on google linked to 205 site!). Have now put a better pic up anyway. Smile

Got a local scrapyard im sure i could find one in. Dont want to change it if its gonna cause problems.

Do you think it might hold the same volume but just be a diff shape?

I honestly couldn't say, I've only ever owned/worked on phase 2/3s and they've all had the res with the lump which is why it seemed odd to see a flat one. You would have to physically test the volume that each holds to see if there's any difference.

Obviously if it can be swapped that'd be ideal!
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  top strut brace bolts kernow_joe 13 4,211 27-09-2012, 06:24 PM
Last Post: swampy