"Arie pronk" strut brace

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Arie pronk" strut brace
Hello

Hello.

Firstly admin please move this to the relevant area

I would like to warn people against these strut braces.
[Image: 85ec8bbfeec5ef5ae50d92f1ef718e45.jpg]
As allurung as they may be they do not fit correctly. These were advatised to fit all 306's from phase 1 to 3 with relevant clearance for bonnet stays etc.
These were also advertised to fit all but dturbo model cars and even featured a cut out for hdi engines with the 406/c5 top elbow.

These braces foul in two positions. The first is more dangerous then the second. The brace itself actually pushes the master cylinder down by 10mm. The vibration caused by this will eventually chaffe through the bottle aswell as stress the seals on the reservior mount.
[Image: 055dc0277df56f8c08530e4832e59b3b.jpg][Image: df78a9f7fa26f1bb73264a05ba936662.jpg]

The 2nd place is the cut out for the top pipe. Not enough room as been accomadated for so when accelerating hard the top pipe fouls the strut brace.
[Image: abaad372b47e0d36242ef4d0d97840fc.jpg][Image: ae201a84e89f5f8bdf8210d48a85d96f.jpg]

£120 for an item that does not correctly fit is outrageous and when presented with the information is very rude.
[Image: 035269b66f1efdff7dea5b214e0cdc19.jpg]
After a brief argument he decided to state on his own page these are only for european 306's not uk spec.
[Image: d25d3bb6ada418b25931016f24ccc52f.jpg]
Still Living For The 306  Rofl

306 Ph1 Dturbo Estate
205 1.9 GTI (Rust.In.Pieces)
306 HDI Stage 3 Estate (Rust.In.Pieces)
Thanks given by:
Is he foreign?

Only good excuse for that typing...
Thanks given by:
(17-12-2015, 12:31 AM)bigcheez2k3 Wrote: Is he foreign?

Only good excuse for that typing...
To put it bluntly yes. 
He's a forign man from holland 
but said there was no issue with fitment for right hookers.
Im not the only one whos fallen into this trap as there was several others. Mainly for gti's but they will all still have the master cylinder issue
Guess theres a lesson to be learned here...

306 Ph1 Dturbo Estate
Thanks given by:
I don't think the racism is called for, tossers are tossers, doesn't matter where they come from.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
i did ask a question in that group about a month ago whether the brace would fit a RHD but it seems my comments have since been deleted.
too be fair to the guy he did offer you a full refund on return of the undamaged bar!

looks to me as if you want something on the cheap after you have got a partial refund
if it dont fit and your not happy send it back simple!

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
I agree with Cully here. He's offered you a sensible and reasonable solution to the issue but it seems like you want to make more of an issue out of it.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Echo the above, clearly there is an issue with it fitting RHD vehicles, and he can obviously now see this...He has offered a full refund, there is little else more he can do....He did come across a bit rude / un professional however I have found this before with speaking to people over seas and they can sometimes come across rude without meaning to etc.

If you have an issue, send it back for a refund, seems simple to me?
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Just take the refund buddy. He should have done more development.
Thanks given by:
But he says return it undamaged for the full refund yet it seems it was scuffed a bit, possibly due to not fitting correctly. Postage to netherlands will be about £15+ which is a bit of a loss for something you ordered and was told would fit.
The whole "get a life" comment would have rubbed me up the wrong way too if i was trying to be civil. Gives off a vibe of a scammer rather than a business man
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by: 1616six
A scammer would not offer a refund and he should also be refunding the postage costs.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I'm with Justin & Stephen.

You'll be at a loss for something you were sold as fitting your car.

Have a read up on distance selling regs.

Pay via PayPal?
Thanks given by:
Tbh the guy who bought the product, slated it openly online and then wanting a partial refund without returning it sounds like the scammer to me
Thanks given by:
looks wank anyway!

there's plenty of reputable brands out there making stuff that fits, so why go for something totally untested?
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
(17-12-2015, 10:43 AM)welshpug Wrote: looks wank anyway!

there's plenty of reputable brands out there making stuff that fits, so why go for something totally untested?

QFT.

There's more rigidity in my socks than those braces from the looks of things.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
So he's offered you a full refund if you send it back and this is a problem why?
Thanks given by:
(17-12-2015, 11:01 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: So he's offered you a full refund if you send it back and this is a problem why?

Justin has to cover postage abroad which won't be cheap, why should he be out of pocket for a product the seller knowingly sold as fitting LHD only?
Thanks given by:
(17-12-2015, 11:07 AM)JJ0063 Wrote:
(17-12-2015, 11:01 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: So he's offered you a full refund if you send it back and this is a problem why?

Justin has to cover postage abroad which won't be cheap, why should he be out of pocket for a product the seller knowingly sold as fitting LHD only?

Well that makes sense, the thread was TL;DR

Just send it back, get the refund and then get paypal/the credit card to argue the rest.
Thanks given by:
Also, there was damage in the application.. with the greatest of respect he DOESNT have to cover postage legally as the item should be considered faulty, but will be unlikely to get a refund for it and runs the risk of returning the item never to have a refund and unless he paid paypal or on a CC he is screwed, even with the visa guarantee.
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
(17-12-2015, 10:47 AM)Ruan Wrote:
(17-12-2015, 10:43 AM)welshpug Wrote: looks wank anyway!

QFT.

There's more rigidity in my socks than those braces from the looks of things.

Maybe its time to wash the wanky sock if it's gotten to that state
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
So last night this happened because i had failed to remove the strut brace off the car. Lovley to think i could of had this brake fluid loss with my daughyer in the car but hey, this is a perfectly safe strut brace right?[Image: f777c29a78395bdec9ef9720b0056e25.jpg][Image: 74fd697deb026013e948dfb2b3e10215.jpg][Image: c348b32aaecf7e0e2bd742cee542494e.jpg] so a friend last night contacted him and showed him the pictures and apparentley was really concerned and was gonna talk to me. Did it happen? Of corse night. Looks like when shit hits the fan mr pronk does a runner[Image: 2b51c13d48d4bafa39cdd6e442c9967e.jpg]

Oh and as for the guys saying take the refund its a little bit hard to when the guy blocks you [OK HAND SIGN] his last msg was telling me to get my gf to msg him because it was an xmas present from her but guess what.... blocked her too.

And for publicly posting it would people rather i keep quiet when it causes this kind of damage? If it was any of you getting mugged off pretty sure you would react the same. Currently going through paypal

306 Ph1 Dturbo Estate
Thanks given by:
Mate, I can't believe you are still running it when you said yourself in post 1 this would happen.
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
Why the f*ck would you continue to run it? You have no-one but yourself to blame and TBH you don't deserve the refund initially offered.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Naaa its off now. Had to run the car home for work to walk in. Was far to tired to remove it. Came out to the car like that, re bleed all brakes and its sealed up. Just proving the point.
Dont desreve the refund? Lol

306 Ph1 Dturbo Estate
Thanks given by:
Whatever. Sounds like you're the one causing the problem here though. Yes, it doesn't fit properly and the seller is at fault but you've clearly just gone ahead and forced it onto the car, causing your own issues.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
(18-12-2015, 08:46 AM)Jonny81191 Wrote: Whatever. Sounds like you're the one causing the problem here though. Yes, it doesn't fit properly and the seller is at fault but you've clearly just gone ahead and forced it onto the car, causing your own issues.
Thank you for the constructive critisism [THUMBS UP SIGN]

306 Ph1 Dturbo Estate
Thanks given by:
Too tired to remove it...not too tired to rebleed all brakes... You do make me laugh sometimes. lol I probably wouldn't have bothered bleeding though, the MC shouldn't have aired up unless you pressed the pedal, it's just the res fallen off, I've done the same when removing cambelt covers and just re-seated and refilled it...no issues.

How much did that brace cost anyway? The decent ones aren't all that expensive iirc!
Thanks given by:
(18-12-2015, 08:54 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Too tired to remove it...not too tired to rebleed all brakes... You do make me laugh sometimes. [emoji38]

How much did that brace cost anyway? The decent ones aren't all that expensive iirc!
Brakes were re-bled this morning.
£120, was an xmas present from the miss's. Already got an omp but when i saw the brace to start off with fell in love with it. Just liked all the custom touches he was offering like laser cut letters, colours etc.

306 Ph1 Dturbo Estate
Thanks given by:
Ah ok, fair enough!

I must admit it does look cool with the pretty letters but doesn't look overly sturdy compared to an OMP one, I also don't like the idea of the cut-out, just seems like a weak point for flex there. With that sort of price I hope you do get something back from it though!
Thanks given by:
(18-12-2015, 08:46 AM)Jonny81191 Wrote: Whatever. Sounds like you're the one causing the problem here though. Yes, it doesn't fit properly and the seller is at fault but you've clearly just gone ahead and forced it onto the car, causing your own issues.

Unfortunately this mate. You posted that it didnt fit a while ago and continued to run it. Stop being annoyed, send it back, get your money back... done
Thanks given by:

Unfortunately this mate. You posted that it didnt fit a while ago and continued to run it. Stop being annoyed, send it back, get your money back... done

also looking a thte pictures. hasnt the passener side got a notch cut out for the fluid reservoir? Can you not just take off the centre section and turn it round? youd have to reivet on the letters so they are the right way... but wouldnt that work?
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  top strut brace bolts kernow_joe 13 4,211 27-09-2012, 06:24 PM
Last Post: swampy