Rocket bunny/liberty walk inspired body

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rocket bunny/liberty walk inspired body
Hi all ! So I've worked out pretty much everything mechanical for my 306 thanks to the help and patience of other members here (thank you all again) and my mind is now on the body more so than anything else.

I want to lay it out on air ride eventually I basically want to slam it on stupidly wide wheels cause I can lol.

I know I'll have to cut the arches and fit those JDM style overfenders and hack them to bits and add other bits on etc to get that rocket bunny/liberty walk style fitment that I'm looking for.

My question is, the body of my car is absolutely mint aside from a small hole followed by a bit of a gouge on the rear passenger side quarter caused by a previous owner. Other then that there's not a spot of rust or anything even on the underside its really clean so is it stupid to cut the body to bits for the rocket bunny/liberty walk style work ?

I know it's a huge task to make one of these kits and get it right but who doesn't like a challenge haha.
Thanks given by:
Talking as someone who owns an actual JDM car, don't do this, lol. I absolutely don't think the styling will work with a 306 body.

A stock body, with well fitted wheels on air ride would be pretty unique on its own, and look good probably!
Thanks given by:
As above tbh.. I think it would just look really tacky. JDM cars seem to get away with it but I don't think a 306 can pull it off.

IMO the only decent kit is a proper dimma kit
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Do it.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
eugh... if you want to see a custom quality body build check out a 1.8 build by a member called "Blue"
Thanks given by:
I'd be inclined to buy a lemon and do it to that instead, but otherwise go for it, always nice to see something more original.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Yeah I'm not gonna do it with this car the body is way too clean to mess with like that, I might roll out the arches to fit the wheels if I have to but other then that it'll be kept fairly simple. Cheers for all the advice guys and sorry for the late reply I've read everything and just took a step back and thought about it properly haha. I'm definitely still gonna go for air ride though Big Grin Anyone know how to install air struts on the rear of these ? I've go torsion bars at the moment and I think I need a coil spring set up for the air
Thanks given by:
Wouldn't it be possible to incorporate Citreon Xantia suspension (spheres)into this?
Thanks given by:
(23-12-2015, 11:45 AM)Redordead89 Wrote: Wouldn't it be possible to incorporate Citreon Xantia suspension (spheres)into this?

ive looked into this before. the spheres sit too high on the strut tops etc. Also its a ballache of a system it would be easier just to go normal hydo or bags etc.
Thanks given by:
(23-12-2015, 12:02 PM)Eeyore Wrote:
(23-12-2015, 11:45 AM)Redordead89 Wrote: Wouldn't it be possible to incorporate Citreon Xantia suspension (spheres)into this?

ive looked into this before. the spheres sit too high on the strut tops etc. Also its a ballache of a system it would be easier just to go normal hydo or bags etc.

Cool! Just a thought!
Thanks given by:
Decided to just keep it even simpler and stick an air ride set up in the front and keep the torsion bars in the rear can't really go wrong with that Smile
Thanks given by:
(16-12-2015, 11:30 AM)Eeyore Wrote: eugh... if you want to see a custom quality body build check out a 1.8 build by a member called "Blue"

Please don't that car was a mess lol
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
How wide we talking with wheels? I think i could sqeeze 15x10 in my arches and thats with no over fenders.
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(23-02-2016, 10:49 PM)Slam Wagon Wrote: How wide we talking with wheels? I think i could sqeeze 15x10 in my arches and thats with no over fenders.

I was thinking maybe 16 x 9 ? Maybe a little less I don't want to stretch the tyres too much if any at all cause the roads I drive on are crap and quite twisty
Thanks given by: