307 parts that fit the 306

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
307 parts that fit the 306
hey guys, im picking up a dturbo int he morning and plan to mod it.

now i have a 2007 307 sw 1.6 hdi 110 that fubar, its in great shape apart from a knackered engine.

any one have any suggestion as to wat parts i should rob off it before it gets scraped?

ive already planed to nick the wheels for the 306

whats worth keeping/adding to the 306?

cheers all
dai
Thanks given by:
Wheels will probably need spacers, the 307 has a much higher E/T.

I've seen people use 307 front hubs on track cars, together with other mods due to different track rod configurations.
Rear brake calipers can be used as an upgrade if you mount them upside down
Tinkerer of 306gti6 trackday racer, less stuff, more hard, more umpf, more stop.
Thanks given by:
What happened to the DV6 engine? Turbo, DPF, carbon everywhere, chucked a rod? All seem to be common on them. Confused

Theres not much that fits the 306 other than wheels though, possibly front brakes if they're bigger on the SW?
Thanks given by:
As above, what's wrong with the engine?
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
I'd just stick a new engine in the 307 tbh.
need a part number? http://public.servicebox.peugeot.com/ and http://service.citroen.com/ will sort you out.
Thanks given by:
Turbo, DPF, carbon everywhere,

as above, its toast. dont ave the time or the funds to chuck at it, picked up my durbo and will be scraping the 307.

if anyone from here wants it then by all means somting can be worked out very very cheap, wont get much for scrap i doubt.

tbh if i ad the time or space id consider ripping out tat site dv6 and bang an xud in it
Thanks given by:
anyone got any more details about fitting 307 rear calipers upsidedown?
Thanks given by:
(16-12-2015, 09:39 PM)jetfire1383 Wrote: Turbo, DPF, carbon everywhere,

as above, its toast. dont ave the time or the funds to chuck at it, picked up my durbo and will be scraping the 307.

if anyone from here wants it then by all means somting can be worked out very very cheap, wont get much for scrap i doubt.

tbh if i ad the time or space id consider ripping out tat site dv6 and bang an xud in it

2.0 16v HDi would be a better swap than an XUD, and far better than the DV6 lol. How many miles has it done?
Thanks given by:
(16-12-2015, 03:40 AM)jetfire1383 Wrote: hey guys, im picking up a dturbo int he morning and plan to mod it.

now i have a 2007 307 sw 1.6 hdi 110 that fubar, its in great shape apart from a knackered engine.

any one have any suggestion as to wat parts i should rob off it before it gets scraped?

ive already planed to nick the wheels for the 306

whats worth keeping/adding to the 306?

cheers all
dai
I would be interested to know how you get on trying to swap the 307 wheels onto the 306? I own both and am thinking of swapping the wheels between cars although doubt the 14" steels will fit on the 307!?. 
Does anyone have any pictures of 5 spoke 16" 307 wheels on a 306?
I'll just give it a go if no-one else has already tried and failed Smile
Thanks given by:
You would need spacers on the 306, and the steels would stick out a bit on the 307. As long as the brakes are smaller than 266mm on the 307 the 14s should fit.
Thanks given by: Jim
ok chaps the 307 is finally gone and i have kept the wheels and bought 45 profile tyre for them ehat else do i need?
Thanks given by:
10mm spacers and longer wheel bolts for Airaines iirc.
Thanks given by:
(18-12-2015, 12:03 PM)Toms306 Wrote: You would need spacers on the 306, and the steels would stick out a bit on the 307.  As long as the brakes are smaller than 266mm on the 307 the 14s should fit.

I decided to try swapping my wheels between 306/307 just to see where the clearance issues are and how bad.
The 307 wheel appeared to clear on the N/S front of the 306 and I thought it was looking pretty hopeful. However, the N/S rear was able to turn but was rubbing the tyre on the end of the rear beam. I want to run the standard 307 tyres 205/55/16 until I have used up the tread on them and then may go for a lower profile, so I have ordered some 20mm spacers for the rear. Looking at the picture taken from behind, it needs spacing to fill the arch more anyway.
If you were to use a thinner tyre stretched onto the rim you may get away without spacers as it is the tyre that is rubbing on its inside edge, not the rim itself.
Regarding going the other way, the 14" steels won't go near the callipers on the 307 (discs on mine are 190mm) so I have ordered some 15" 307 steels through eBay which have ended up costing as much as buying another set of alloys or a scrap 307. Huh

My car is at standard ride height, or maybe a bit lower due to age and mileage!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by: