XUD Air filter / box options

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
XUD Air filter / box options
Hey guys,

My standard air filter box is very broken, hanging in with a couple cable ties. Filter needs replacing too, so...

Wondering what options there are for improving this? Fix/replace the standard air box + new filter, or something more aftermarket?

I've read a lot of folk don't recommend removing standard air box due to heat issues? What has everyone done, pics?

Something like this is what I have in mind, maybe?
[Image: 9NvvUGF.jpg]

Cheers.
Thanks given by:
The Honda S2000 air filter from ECP is cheap/effective cone filter, will fit there as you require.

Don't worry about the OEM snobs saying stick standard, the 1.9 XUD airbox is shit as standard and rusts to pieces.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
(14-12-2015, 11:44 AM)silverzx Wrote: The Honda S2000 air filter from ECP is cheap/effective cone filter, will fit there as you require.

Don't worry about the OEM snobs saying stick standard, the 1.9 XUD airbox is shit as standard and rusts to pieces.
Awesome, S2K filter fits as per the photo I posted you mean? That's cool. I'll measure the OD/ID of my pipework first anyway just to be safe

Haha, that is true. Mine is the plastic box, so can't rust, but all mounting tabs/clips/everything is broken basically!
Thanks given by:
IF you want to retain the original airbox some later model 306s had plastic air box's to stop them rusting. Replaced a couple like that now with a good k-n air filter jobbie. Worked well. HOWEVER IF you want to go down the rote of the cone filter the s2000 filter is really good however you need to adapt the standard air ducting as it wont fit the filter.
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
If you get a bit creative, a hdi airbox will fit and the cold air feed can be used too. Very tidy, very oem and better than a cone filter any day of the week.
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
(14-12-2015, 01:05 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: If you get a bit creative, a hdi airbox will fit and the cold air feed can be used too. Very tidy, very oem and better than a cone filter any day of the week.
Oh really? That'd be cool. I'll do some research into that!
Thanks given by:
There's no one I know of that's done it, but if you look at c. Gerrard's project thread there's pictures of one in the bay. Never fitted it for various reasons to do with bigger turbos, but I reckon in a stock car it'd fit lovely.

Thanks given by:
(14-12-2015, 03:25 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: There's no one I know of that's done it, but if you look at c. Gerrard's project thread there's pictures of one in the bay. Never fitted it for various reasons to do with bigger turbos, but I reckon in a stock car it'd fit lovely.
Interesting! We'll look into that at some point then, eh?  Tongue Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Most certainly, I might even have a spare hdi airbox somewhere.. Possibly.

Thanks given by:
(14-12-2015, 06:03 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: Most certainly, I might even have a spare hdi airbox somewhere.. Possibly.
Oohhhh!  Cool
Thanks given by: